• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

plagiarize said:
yes. excite truck looks nice. but yes. you are very crazy.
I don't know outside of the fire shot everyone is splooging over, it doesn't impress me graphically very much. This shot is pretty bad for example
super-mario-galaxy-20060914080421096.jpg

VicAlpha said:
Excite Truck seems to be the temporary WaveRace remplacement
the thought of wave race wii gets me more excited than it really should...

hang on a minute... did we all just say 'wow' at these Wii screens?

IWATA AM PROPHET!

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
If you think you knew what it felt like to be the bounty hunter behind the visor, think again. The Galactic Federation’s network computer, Aurora Unit, is suddenly and completely corrupted with something like a virus. The Federation believes Space Pirates may be behind the problem and are soon attacked. Samus and other hunters leap to their defense only to find that the enemy they face is Dark Samus, armed with immense power that no one can withstand.

Features

First-Person Perfect: Players control Samus by moving with the Nunchuk controller and aiming with the Wii Remote controller, allowing for a level of immersion unlike anything they have ever experienced. It's a quantum leap in first-person control.
Wonderful Weapons: Samus employs well-known power-ups like the Grapple Beam and Morph Ball, as well as new surprises, to help her survive. Using the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers, players will be able to grasp and pull things by using actual arm movements, as well as execute amazing feats like aiming and blasting in midair or at a full run.
Phazon's Powers: The game also incorporates a new system involving Phazon. If you fill Samus' Phazon supply to a certain level, Samus will temporarily go into hyper mode, a state in which she can pull off incredible feats. On the flip side, if she exceeds the maximum Phazon level, she'll perish. Also, for the first time in the Metroid series, Samus' ship will be used in active game play.

GitarooMan said:
I don't know outside of the fire shot everyone is splooging over, it doesn't impress me graphically very much. This shot is pretty bad for example
so one bad texture undoes all the good?

okay then!

excite-truck-20060914075916210.jpg

look at the ground to the left of the truck.

it doesn't matter though because excite truck is going to kick ass [ctrl+v]and it was great fun at E3 when i played it[/ctrl+v]

Odysseus

Banned
GitarooMan said:
Man, I don't know what you guys are seeing, I think Excite Truck and Zelda both look better than SMG.

SMG at least looks Xbox-ish. Zelda looks just like a GameCube game, which is convenient, since that's what it is.

SantaC

GitarooMan said:

oh please you have seen the ****ing game in motion. So you let crappy screngrabs decide for you?

Yeah, but to me most of the SMG shots aren't that impressive outside of the fire one, I don't know I didn't expect to get blown away by the graphics on Wii anyway, but they all seem pretty solid considering the system power. Of course this is the first-party stuff so it should look good.

Saoh

Ganondorf>Link said:
the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-20060914082130474.jpg

the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-20060914082132755.jpg

the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-20060914082133505.jpg

the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-20060914082135161.jpg

MORE AT IGN. OH MY GOD ZELDA! :D :D :D

OH MY GOOOOODDDDD!!! :D :D :D Zelda looks amazing. **** MP3 (for now, jarosh).

btw, it seems that you have a time limit? when you become a wolf.. there are some blue spheres at the right of the screen.

Sorry, all you haters, but....look at those new Zelda-screenshots, and earnestly say, that Wii isnt worth 250$....Heck, the existence of this game alone makes Wii worth 600$.
I can already bet, that i´ll make a nice stop on that bridge and look down from first-person-view^^

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
is wii photo part of the OS?

it's sounding really nice. I can't believe all the people complaining about price. I knew long time ago that tech is expensive shit to enjoy.

Ignoring price for a second, the Wii looks ****ing hot.

Top Bottom