• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

SumGamer said:
Can anyone answer this question?
Companies have to do paperwork blah blah blah blah red tape before pre-orders happen.

I called Gamestop this morning and it's still not a green light until the 2nd week of October, earliest. If anyone finds an earlier pre-order then let us know. But who am I kidding, we'll have 8 threads on it when someone does start taking them...

http://www.wiishlist.com/

AniHawk

ant1532 said:
:lol

wii301.jpg

Wii Finger pose!

Wii si-eedah.

SumGamer

Matt said:
Yeah…except that we have SEEN WITH OUR OWN EYES a home movie being played on Wii.

I think he is talking about editting part. Unless, you have seen he editted the video. Now Matt tell me please, did you or did you not. This is a very serious business here :p

plagiarize said:
no. reggie said it comes with all the necessary cables, but it's debatable if component is necessary. probably not, but no confirmation yet.

there's still a chance.
I'd be shocked if there was a component cable included, hopefully they sell them for 20-25 dollars or so and not 40. *crosses fingers*

koam

Nintendo really dropped the ball here imho. They had so much potential for a great launch and messed everthing up.

- Incomplete Dev Kits for 3rd parties
- Launch Price is too high, at $250, graphics should have been a bit better
- Metroid in 2007
- Online in 2007
- Launching AFTER PS3 instead of having some Wiis on the shelves for people who can't snag a PS3 at launch.
- Opera not included for free
- High controller cost, $60 wtf?
- No Widescreen/ 480p mandate

What will they do if the 360 core drops to $250?

What pisses me off the most is that, ok fine, it's expensive -- At least I can pick up Zelda on the gamecube and enjoy that till the price drops but even that got delayed. They haven't made a single massive game on the Gamecube in ages, what have all their ressources been up to? This two steps front, one step back approach has to end.

Remove Wii Sports and sell it at $200 and you've got a sale. I'm not getting this at launch anymore there's no point.

Ganondorf>Link said:
super-mario-galaxy-20060914080416378.jpg

super-mario-galaxy-20060914080418409.jpg

super-mario-galaxy-20060914080419706.jpg

super-mario-galaxy-20060914080419050.jpg

:O

Everyone, go to IGN for more screens, :D
UPGRADE AM COMFIRMNED

very nice texture filtering. not good anti aliasing. still looks utterly great though and [CTRL+V]it was great fun when i played it at E3.[/CTRL+V].

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
Jim said:
Errr.. no movie/video editing. You can make slideshows and such using still photos.
From the official Wii description Nintendo just sent over:
There is clearly video in the video everybody keeps linking to on the Japanese site.

I repeat:

THERE IS VIDEO FUNCTIONALITY.

THIS CANNOT BE ARGUES WITH.

Jonnyram

I don't know about the US, but in Japan, the web browser can be downloaded for free until the end of June 2007. It's offered for free because they want to speed up the growth of the Internet side of the Wii's tech. After that it'll be pay-for using Wii points like the VC downloads.

Pureauthor said:
Actually that's not all I got from your post. What I'm commenting on is your statement as to why your perspective is different.

I still don't see how it has any bearing. I'm willing to pay if it's worth it. I thought the recent Taito Memories were excellent, the Capcom Classics Collection was well done and the Genesis collection in the future looks very promising.

I've also purchased some of the later Sega Ages releases. The Gunstar Heroes one only had three games(that, Dynamite Headdy, and Alien Soldier) but they were solid ports with some great additions and tons of bonuses(like superplays, artwork, etc). The Panzer Dragoon 1 release was excellent(even if IMO the source material wasn't that great) same with the Dynamite Deka remake.

So far what I'm seeing here are roms that I have to pay for just to have a little peace of mind. I just don't find it entirely interesting. Mostly because I've played the games before and have probably once upon a time owned the games too. Now I'm not asking for a box and a disc, a manual, and an artbook. I'd rather see companies show a little uh..caring, show a little more respect for the material that brought you where you are today and I'd gladly do the same.

Either way it looks like I'm just wasting my time and blowing smoke everywhere. Maybe I'm just miffed that Nintendo can't be bothered to make a half-decent compilation and instead I have to settle for downloading a bunch of games onto the Wii for $5-10-??.

Oh well

fresquito

Pellham said:
Yes but its the kind of rape that most fans would gladly bend over for. I mean if you never cared about NES games, yeah I can see why you would avoid, just like how I avoid $5 cellphone games cause I don't give a shit about them. But for us nostalgia-waxers, it sounds like a good idea.

Even at $5 a pop I am still going to try put together a complete VC library (of games by Nintendo that is, don't care about 3rd party stuff unless its like Enix or something). I am crazy/stupid, I admit.
I do care for NES games, if not I wouldn't be complaining about the price, you know :lol

Jim said:
Errr.. no movie/video editing. You can make slideshows and such using still photos.
From the official Wii description Nintendo just sent over:

It can definately play videos as part of the slide shows. It probably doesn't edit them to any significant degree.

MMaRsu said:

IS THIS THE ONLY MAN YOU FIGHT IN THE GAME? He's ALL I ever see screenshots of when it comes to Red Steel. I've seen VIDEO, sure, but everytime there's a shot of Red Steel, it's time to show off shirtless tattooed swordfighting man!

ant1532

Banned
feature_main_img_diagram.jpg

The Wii console will revolutionize how people play games. But more importantly, it will entice new players into the world of video games by offering a variety of entertainment, information and communication channels that add value to the console and make it a device that the entire family can enjoy. The Wii™ Channel Menu will be the first screen shown on the television, as it easily integrates itself as part of people's everyday lives.

Matt

SumGamer said:
I think he is talking about editting part. Unless, you have seen he editted the video. Now Matt tell me please, did you or did you not. This is a very serious business here :p
Yes, I have. The user clearly changes the video from sepia to non-sepia on the fly.

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
Jonnyram said:
I don't know about the US, but in Japan, the web browser can be downloaded for free until the end of June 2007. It's offered for free because they want to speed up the growth of the Internet side of the Wii's tech. After that it'll be pay-for using Wii points like the VC downloads.

Sweet

Wonder how much the component cable will cost and if it will be available in shops this time..... hope so cause I need it day 1 damnit!

Any word on this?

PepsimanVsJoe said:
I still don't see how it has any bearing. I'm willing to pay if it's worth it. I thought the recent Taito Memories were excellent, the Capcom Classics Collection was well done and the Genesis collection in the future looks very promising.

I've also purchased some of the later Sega Ages releases. The Gunstar Heroes one only had three games(that, Dynamite Headdy, and Alien Soldier) but they were solid ports with some great additions and tons of bonuses(like superplays, artwork, etc). The Panzer Dragoon 1 release was excellent(even if IMO the source material wasn't that great) same with the Dynamite Deka remake.

So far what I'm seeing here are roms that I have to pay for just to have a little peace of mind. I just don't find it entirely interesting. Mostly because I've played the games before and have probably once upon a time owned the games too. Now I'm not asking for a box and a disc, a manual, and an artbook. I'd rather see companies show a little uh..caring, show a little more respect for the material that brought you where you are today and I'd gladly do the same.

Either way it looks like I'm just wasting my time and blowing smoke everywhere. Maybe I'm just miffed that Nintendo can't be bothered to make a half-decent compilation and instead I have to settle for downloading a bunch of games onto the Wii for $5-10-??.

Oh well

Ah, understandable. But I suppose I have my own skewed perspective too, since out of all VC systems being offered, I've only ever had a Genesis, so this system is something of a dream come true for me. Sure, the price rankles a bit, but not as much as someone with your experiences.

Top Bottom