• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

$250 for the console and a game and controlers + 3 * $40 to play the games the way they are supposed to be, that's $370... + tax.
No money left for anything else. $5 for old NES games!
Some games on DS for Christmas maybe.
Nintendo what are you DOING! This is not family budget!
And I still don't care about Opera, so that's good, don't make me pay for it.

hyp

wait, so from what i've gathered in this thread, 480p/480i 16:9 widescreen will not be mandatory for games? you've gotta be fuc|<ing kidding me. i was already upset nintendo ditched hdtv all together, but if i'm going to have to play another video game stretched on my LCD at 4:3, major FTL for nintendo right there.

get with the ****ing program. even television shows are in 16:9, standardize that at least.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
JohnsonUT said:
From Matt C.

Guys,

I'll have an update coming. But just a quick heads-up: Retro has proved the potential of the Wii-mote with Metroid Prime 3. The developer added a third control mode, expert (this is not normal or advanced, but all-new) and it simulates PC FPS controls to 90 percent accuracy. I was FLYING around levels with ease.

BTW -- We'll have footage so you can see for yourself soon. The game looks mad hot.

Matt
OMGOMGOKMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Hmm.

Games look great, graphics clearly hit a point above Xbox 1 here. Lots of exciting titles -- I'm pumped for stuff like Excite Truck that seems like it'd be a blast to play in-person multiplayer.

After about two hours I'm totally cool with the console price, still irritated at the bottom end of VC pricing ($10 is perfect for N64 but $5 should be the SNES pricepoint, not the NES pricepoint), and concerned about $60 additional controllers. I thought $50 was way too much for Xbox 360, and while there's more tech in the Wiimote, I don't know how anyone's going to experience the party game aspect that should be so important if getting fully decked out on controllers runs almost as much as the system.

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
dairladada said:
$250 for the console and a game and controlers + 3 * $40 to play the games the way they are supposed to be, that's $370... + tax.
No money left for anything else. $5 for old NES games!
Some games on DS for Christmas maybe.
Nintendo what are you DOING! This is not family budget!
And I still don't care about Opera, so that's good, don't make me pay for it.

Who cares about your family? Single males for the win!

Matt Casamassina said:
September 14, 2006 - Nintendo of America's vice president of marketing and corporate affairs, Perrin Kaplan, confirmed to IGN Wii today that its forthcoming Wii console will not play Hollywood DVD movies. The decision to remove the functionality was made in order to deliver the machine at a cheaper cost and because most people today already own DVD players.

More as it develops

Bad news. Bah.

explodet

wario-ware-smooth-moves-20060914082947764.jpg

If you fail this minigame, does the dog cry tears?

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
hyp said:
wait, so from what i've gathered in this thread, 480p/480i 16:9 widescreen will not be mandatory for games? you've gotta be fuc|<ing kidding me. i was already upset nintendo ditched hdtv all together, but if i'm going to have to play another video game stretched on my LCD at 4:3, major FTL for nintendo right there.

get with the ****ing program. even television shows are in 16:9, standardize that at least.
Most games are being made in 16:9 anyway; no need to fret.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Ok so I just woke up and checked this thread. This info is making me extremely happy in the crotchal region.:D

RSP

ZERUDA NO DENSETSU BEST GAME EVERRRR

please give me a proper burial

holy shit I've just come home from work and all this new shit has happenned. this is awesome!

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
From Matt C.

Guys,

I'll have an update coming. But just a quick heads-up: Retro has proved the potential of the Wii-mote with Metroid Prime 3. The developer added a third control mode, expert (this is not normal or advanced, but all-new) and it simulates PC FPS controls to 90 percent accuracy. I was FLYING around levels with ease.

BTW -- We'll have footage so you can see for yourself soon. The game looks mad hot.

Matt
OMG !!!

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
re:wii sounds very cool, enough to fill the time before an all-new RE for wii

edit: but no DVD playback seems to go against the rest of the multi-functionality of wii. they should release an "add on" to enable DVD playback if you want it

Ok 63+ pages and im done for the night :lol, ill leave on my omgz Zelda looks amazing note, great REWii news and the promising Prime 3 control details to come when I wake.

COME ON NOV 19!!!

chase said:
No, that's the marble madness type game. Looks better than monkey ball, incidentally.
you lie. you lie while burning in a fire of deadly death.

monkey ball wins for two pretty big reasons.

number 1. it has monkeys in balls.
number 2. dozens of party games.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
get blood and expert mode into Red Steel NOW.

and dropping DVD playback, wtf, if I want just Wii under my TV to play games, contact people, look at pictures, browse the net...then I want it to play my DVDs too

helium121

Banned
From IGN:

Good ol' Boz can't get away from the real working right now, so he asked me to pass on a message:

"Sup guys. We're crazy busy right now as I'm sure you can imagine. From what we've seen, there's a bit more to the internal storage on the Wiimote than expected. Multiple profiles can be saved on the controller itself, and we'll have more info on that ASAP for ya. As for the classic controller, I haven't had a chance to go hands-on with it yet today, but I'll shoot you another update as soon as I do."

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Screenboy said:
Red Steel looks hot, lets hope for 1:1 sword movement.

I am just a dreamer... I dreamed my life away *sing*

I am hoping too but... yeah... :lol

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Really nice. But not so amazing like Zelda or Mario.
I think the graphics are far from being done. I mean it comes out in 07 and we all remember what the first Metroid did when it hit the GC visual wise.

helium121 said:
From IGN:

Good ol' Boz can't get away from the real working right now, so he asked me to pass on a message:

"Sup guys. We're crazy busy right now as I'm sure you can imagine. From what we've seen, there's a bit more to the internal storage on the Wiimote than expected. Multiple profiles can be saved on the controller itself, and we'll have more info on that ASAP for ya. As for the classic controller, I haven't had a chance to go hands-on with it yet today, but I'll shoot you another update as soon as I do."

Good news :)

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
plagiarize said:
you lie. you lie while burning in a fire of deadly death.

monkey ball wins for two pretty big reasons.

number 1. it has monkeys in balls.
number 2. dozens of party games.
Good point...

...I hope the awesome marble game has party games.

chase

MP3 looked much better in motion around E3. IMO it was the second best looking game. We'll see when we get new vids.

Top Bottom