• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

Sunski

The good news is they have 30 minutes to kill and that suggest more than the pirce and release date. The bad news is they will probably fill it in with Logan, Henman, Rusedski and Iwata playing tennis.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Please God, if you really exists, don't let them release the Wii after Xmas, please God, don't let them do this!

Mammy, I'm scared! :(

Nander

"15 VC games available during launch period. Roughly 5-10 titles will be added per month. When purchased, always accessible and will become a new channel on the main screen."

What happened to 30 games at launch? Now it's 15 during the launch period?

Rocked

GZ! said:
Because no-one really gives a damn about the rest. If they started with the price and launch date, half the hall would leave.

:lol Very true. Apparently there's tons of people from the non-gaming press, so they need to talk over all this stuff.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
tanasten said:
Please God, if you really exists, don't let them release the Wii after Xmas, please God, don't let them do this!

Mammy, I'm scared! :(

I need a cuddle :(

*thinks happy thoughts*

Vargavinter

Annnnnd thats all folks, and yeah by the way releasedate is in march, information of the price will get released closer to the release. Bye! *runs to the Nintendo-limo* :D

Edit: Meh you beat me to it.

StephaneC

Nander said:
"15 VC games available during launch period. Roughly 5-10 titles will be added per month. When purchased, always accessible and will become a new channel on the main screen."

and where is the price for this games ?

Jacobi

Banned
Nander said:

What happened to "all games ever available on Nintendo consoles" ?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I fully expect 250 euro. with the same pack ins as us/aussie

13:24 - Iwata's stating again that Wii is for everyone, not just gamers. Wii will have its own range of Touch Generation software too. Although he's just buggered off the stage, so who knows what they'll be.

13:25 - Ah! Logan's back and she's showing us Tennis. She's bandying around the names 'Tim Henman' and 'Greg Rezetski' - a name I've never needed to spell before. Logan's just spend a good five minutes hunting around for a bunch of avatars bearing likenesses to them. And now the curtains have just whizzed open and there's a fake tennis court on stage! Guess who's there! Yup, REAL LIVE TENNIS STARS!

Rocked

13:25 - Ah! Logan's back and she's showing us Tennis. She's bandying around the names 'Tim Henman' and 'Greg Rezetski' - a name I've never needed to spell before. Logan's just spend a good five minutes hunting around for a bunch of avatars bearing likenesses to them. And now the curtains have just whizzed open and there's a fake tennis court on stage! Guess who's there! Yup, REAL LIVE TENNIS STARS!

:lol The press here like Tim Henman. Good idea.

BUT I WANT THE DAMN PRICE AND DATE! :p

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Gabby Logan? Tim Henman? Greg Rusedski??

NOE SUCKS!!! STOP BEING SO LAME FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!

Leonsito

30 games in VC in USA and JAPAN, 15 in EUROPE...

Does this means that the VC games are gonna be diferent in each zone ? Maybe some games in the USA catalogue cannot appear in Europe :(

Rocked

Leonsito said:

Does this means that the VC games are gonna be diferent in each zone ? Maybe some games in the USA catalogue cannot appear in Europe :(

The 15 might just be 1st party.

dont forget with the Euro VC all the diff langs are needed for games - one hopes that you can dload games from the American or Japanese store and that this 15 is just stuff that has all necessary languages...

*fingers crossed*

Taker666

kaizoku said:
Gabby Logan? Tim Henman? Greg Rusedski??

NOE SUCKS!!! STOP BEING SO LAME FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!

It's for the mainstream press obviously..not for hardcore gaming nerds. Stick a celeb or 2 in and you're much more likely to get coverage.

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
For the Wii to be a success in Europe, they need to have a Wii Soccer, where you rubber band the remote to your foot for extreme kicking action.

07:33.05 -
30-30. Tim's serving. Decent rally this time, and Greg wins it. Game point. "Nintendo's gone mad," my friend says.

07:32.13 -
They're in their tennis whites and everything. Gabby's commentating. Greg's really getting into it, but they're 30-0 down.

Henman misses one on the baseline. And Greg gets one back. Oh but Henman's hit it out. Game.

Second game. Tim's beaten down. He's arguing the line call.

15-15. "We move quicker in this game than real life," says Greg.

07:31.13 -
Calendar, househould bulletin board and family message centre for organising family scheduling, he says. Leave post-its for your friends and family. Or Tom Nook.

Online access to international weather forecasts. Constantly updated worldwide headlines, too. Plus seperate net channels powered by Opera.

Virtual Console. Mario World, Zelda Link to the Past, Mario 64 flash up. 15 in launch period in Europe. With 5-10 titles a month.

Donkey Kong shows up too. Now we're on WiiConnect24 - offering Nintendo news or "other features", "even while you sleep".

He points out that you can do this without Wii, but argues not everyone has the same advantage. For many it'll be the first time they're comfortable doing it.

Channels will be good for people who aren't as technically able, baisically.

With Touch! Generations software coming to Wii, Iwata believes everyone in the family will give Wii a go. And now he's off. Gabby's back.

Wii Sports tennis now. And it's Tim Henman and Greg Rusedksi. She's not pointing out they're here yet. BUT WE KNOW THEY ARE.

And the curtains have gone infront of the stage for some reason. Aha. Big reveal: Tim and Greg playing real tennis on a court behind the stage.

Shibata's back, and he's going to challenge them both to Wii tennis.

Leonsito said:

Hahahahahaha

I KNEW IT

13:29 - My fingers are starting to hurt now. ANYWAY, there's a game of - ohmygodyou'dneverhaveguessed - Wii Tennis going on now against Tim and Greg and Fischer and Shibata. It's all a RIGHT LARK. Incidentally, hilARIous incident earlier - one of Tim Henman's balls flew off the stage and nearly gave the person behind me concussion just after I posted the last update. Back to the game though: Tim and Greg are losing with 30-15. 30-30 now. Tell you what, I'll just post again when we have a clear winner.

13:32.13 -

They're in their tennis whites and everything. Gabby's commentating. Greg's really getting into it, but they're 30-0 down.

Henman misses one on the baseline. And Greg gets one back. Oh but Henman's hit it out. Game.

Second game. Tim's beaten down. He's arguing the line call.

15-15. "We move quicker in this game than real life," says Greg.

8:31.13 - (Eurogamers)

Calendar, househould bulletin board and family message centre for organising family scheduling, he says. Leave post-its for your friends and family. Or Tom Nook.

Online access to international weather forecasts. Constantly updated worldwide headlines, too. Plus seperate net channels powered by Opera.

Virtual Console. Mario World, Zelda Link to the Past, Mario 64 flash up. 15 in launch period in Europe. With 5-10 titles a month.

Donkey Kong shows up too. Now we’re on WiiConnect24 - offering Nintendo news or “other features”, “even while you sleep”.

He points out that you can do this without Wii, but argues not everyone has the same advantage. For many it’ll be the first time they’re comfortable doing it.

Channels will be good for people who aren’t as technically able, baisically.

With Touch! Generations software coming to Wii, Iwata believes everyone in the family will give Wii a go. And now he’s off. Gabby’s back.

Wii Sports tennis now. And it’s Tim Henman and Greg Rusedksi. She’s not pointing out they’re here yet. BUT WE KNOW THEY ARE.

And the curtains have gone infront of the stage for some reason. Aha. Big reveal: Tim and Greg playing real tennis on a court behind the stage.

Shibata’s back, and he’s going to challenge them both to Wii tennis. (Now Eurogamer came back to life!)

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
Leonsito said:

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that its not like this. If it is there'll be lots of ass raping by me taking place at Nintendo HQ.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Leonsito said:

That's just the beginning of the euro-rape. Now Iwata will announce that we get the console with just a memory card reader and the option to purchase the optical drive separately.

BLIEVE!

Top Bottom