• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will a D-Pad from a PlayStation Vita work on the Dualshock 4?

Hi, I am thinking about buying myself some parts in order to make the perfect Dualshock 4 controller.

I've already bought this battery in order to extend the battery life for longer wireless play (for some reason, Sony decided to put in a internal battery inside of the Dualshock 4 that's worse than the internal battery inside of the Dualshock 3), followed by a pair of Xbox One analog sticks.

I've heard that the PlayStation Vita's D-Pad is the one of the most superior D-Pad's out there (especially for genres like fighting games). Of course, the D-Pad from the Dualshock 4 is good, too, but I'm curious about it. I have a few questions:

1.) Is it worth switching the D-Pad from the Dualshock 4 for it,

2.) Will any D-Pad from the Vita will work, as there's D-Pad's from the 1000, 2000, & the slim models, &

3.) Where can I obtain these from?

mlclmtckr

Banned
How are you going to actually build this? Just using the DS4 shell?

Anyway, seems cool, looking forward to seeing it.

nadozza

No. As stated above they're very different in size and shape. Even if you did get it to fit somehow it's more about the actual mechanism that produces a clickier (totally a word?) feeling on the Vita than the DualShock 4's design.

Not natively. You would have to customize a piece to let it hit the plungers accurately. And even then the tactile feedback that you like about the vita d pad would be lost at that point.

What I want to know is if it's even remotely possible to swap/mod out the DualShock-style D-pad on a PSP-3000 and put in basically any kind of Nintendo-style connected cross pad comfortably.

Top Bottom