• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you be buying ASSASSIN’S CREED SHADOWS?

Will you be buying Assassin’s Creed Shadows?

• Yes

Votes: 80 14.4%
  • No

Votes: 407 73.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 69 12.4%

• Total voters

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
lotr-ring.gif

Mr Hyde

No. Not really into AC. Valhalla is the only that clicked for me, mainly due to its setting and Viking theme. But AC as a franchise doesn't really appeal to me and Shadows doesn't seem to change that fact. It also looks like a poor mans Ghost of Tsushima, so I'd rather do a NG+ of that one instead.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’ll consider Ubisoft plus. But that would need some glowing reviews and impressions on here.

Even with the bad showing I’m still more interested in SW Outlaws from Ubisoft this year.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
No, because I don’t like majority of Ubisoft games and never was fan of AC games.

But I don't agree with people’s outrage over who you play as. Like it or not, it’s their fucking game and they can do whatever the fuck they want.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yes. It's been a rough year and while I think its ridiculous to have a black lead in a Japanese samurai game, the character model looks great and the actor has done a good job capturing the essence of a samurai.

The game also looks great with some beautiful visuals and a potentially an excellent combat system.

I am upset as the next man, but its time to move on.

tmlDan

No, it looks worse than ghosts and id rather wait for ghosts 2.

It honestly takes me completely out of it when they put someone in historical Japan that doesn't fit, I do the same for tv shows and movies in other countries, i need the original language (as well). I never used to be like that but the older i get the more i need it, i don't even like when ancient greek shows have british actors anymore lol

I have watched several videos from Japanese people talking about the inconsistencies in more than just the lead, misplaced Torii gates, tatami mats placed incorrectly, constant bowing from civilians when samurai were normal back then.

I just can't support it either way due to its disrespect of other peoples culture and history, even if its fiction. They were just lazy or didn't care.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Skipped Valhalla cuz I was burnt out from Assassins Creed I didnt even play Mirage cuz it wasnt enough Assassins Creed-ish for me.

Seeing the Naoe gameplay they got me.
Thats the stealth ive been looking for from an Assassins Creed game.
Imma be playing Naoe as much as possible.

200.gif

Plus theres a damn KusariGama
Probably my favorite Japanese weapon.....in any game I can use it.....I will, even when its seemingly underpowered.

assassins-creed-shadows-naoe-kusarigama.jpg

Please have motion blur on PC atleast.
A KusariGama spinning around without sweet sweet motion blur is gonna be so sad.

Last edited:

Seyken

No, and that's coming from someone who bought all of the last AC titles, and was excited about the game before the leaks surrounding the lead characters started.

Voting with our wallet is the only way to get rid of these DEI/Woke infested games.

Last edited:

Švejk

Banned
Absolutely not. Series peeked at Odyssey. I love Viking shit, but Valhalla was painfully bloated.

And now that they finally decide to do a far East inspired one after so long, it's already been done better on more than a few games, plus the dei shit sprinkled in, is laughably bad.
RIP, AssCrud.

Luipadre

Gold Member
Yes. I like the world they build in these new AC games. Valhalla was a slog storywise, still played 100+ hours of it because it was gorgeous on OLED.

Muffdraul

Yes. I've played every AC in the main series, and even the shitty ones are still pretty good. I play them, I enjoy them, I get a kick out of posts from haters who clearly haven't played an AC game in many years (if they ever played any at all) and have no clue wtf they're talking about when they rant about them.

Last edited:

Kacho

Gold Member
No. I’m out on Ubisoft games for the foreseeable future. Valhalla was pretty shit and I’m expecting more of the same with Shadows. Ubisoft is nuts with the pricing of their products, plus the “modern day” controversies are fucking wack.

Laptop1991

I usually do, but Ubisoft pulling their price hikes and you don't own your games BS has stopped me at the moment, i haven't got Mirage as yet as it was basically a dlc for Valhalla they charged too much for imo, so i don't know, i'm def not buying it at the release price and it depends what the game will turn out like, as i do with all games now, i wait until a while afterwards, i might later at a cheaper price, maybe.

bumpkin

Poll needs a “maybe”. I’m waiting to see what the actual moment-to-moment gameplay is like before I decide.

Could care less about the various controversies around the game.

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm gonna drop like 6 bucks on a Ubi+ subscription, play it for 5 hours until I'm bored and then unsubscribe.

Get fucked, Ubi.

ShadowNate

No. Backlog does not justify it, and I fully tapped out of the series since about Odyssey, which was a long time coming at that point.

I haven't seen anything that would make me return to it.

Maybe years down the line, when it's cheap and we are all laughing at the crappy output of this era due to misguided... priorities, maybe then I'd get it for a penny. That is If its gameplay reviewed decently.

Top Bottom