• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you be buying ASSASSIN’S CREED SHADOWS?

Will you be buying Assassin’s Creed Shadows?

• Yes

Votes: 80 14.4%
  • No

Votes: 407 73.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 69 12.4%

• Total voters

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Nah.

I just beat Ghost of Tsushima in May. I’m good on open world samurai games until GoT 2.

Plus I highly doubt this is going to be anywhere near as good as GoT anyway.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
outside of the first 2 AC, and the South Park games, I don't think I've ever purchased any other Ubisoft games. I don't think I'll make an exception on this either. ActiBlizzard, EA and Ubisoft are basically on my "I'm not buying anything from them" list these days. and I've been pretty happy with that decision so far.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
For the first time.... nope
I didn't even finish the last 3, I maybe will finish Mirage.
But I put hours into them and get bored, it all becomes a chore.
I'm not sure what this one is like or if it's different but the new style AC got old really fast.
Unity was probably peak AC that got me interested again after Desmond story finished.
But the original AC1-Ezio Trilogy- ACIII is it for me.
AC Unity seemed like a good start to a new trilogy but they scrapped it all. Origins yet again was good start but different.
Then they bloated the shit out of that idea.
Maybe when it's cheap or is on PS+

Sakura

Even ignoring the controversy I just don't really like AC games. Last one I bought was 3 and it was boring, so I won't be getting this either.

As someone who hasn't bought a Ubisoft game in a decade, I might have been swayed had they let a Japanese dude be the lead. The Assassin's Creed that I remember had heavy focus on stealth and a tall black dude in feudal Japan is about as far away from that as you can possibly get.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Likely not, but with every AC game, it will eventually hit $15 or so, and then, maybe.

100% not ever paying full price for this.

Thats the sweet spot. lol

Because of how they put their games on sale (Sony too) you can get it discounted or on sale in a few months, maybe not down to 15 though.

ac-shadows-assassin%27s-creed-shadows.gif

Osaka_Boss

To whoever wants to buy this shit. Either wait or If you can't control your Lil ubiboner weenies, sign UP for ubi service, play the hell out of that garbage, then unsub.

But PLEASE, do not buy it full price. Even knowing normies will buy either way.

Last edited:

Gravemind

Nope, and it's not even because of the silly black samurai nonesense. I honestly just think the game looks boring, uninspired, and to be frank; quite shitty.

As a pretty big AC fan, I'm taking a pass on this one. It'll sit net to Syndicate and Rogue on the list titled "couldn't be bothered to play".

EDMIX

hmm maybe if i can plat whole game as Naoe or w/e her name is :p
I think you can,I thought it was going to be like Syndicate, but it seems you can play it all with 1 or the other or something (maybe like RE2)

im sorry to those who work earnestly developing this game but,

for sake of whole industry, this game need to fail hard.

Sorry? lol nah, man, you are not sorry for them, you want a game to fail for personal, emotional, culture war shit. (not even sure how that helps the industry, but ok)

Either way, the game is already getting strong pre-orders and will likely break records for them, I don't even see much that most even care about social media says about any of this.

Folks cried about Valhalla, Far Cry 5 and they went on to break ever record for the publisher

This game literally opened its pre-orders to being number 1 on Amazon JP....so......yea, I don't know if most really care about this and maybe people should take a step back to see majority don't even buy games based on anything thats been said regarding theses threads lol

Aenima

Nop. The last Ubi game i bought was Ass Odyssey during a deep discount promo. If it drops on PS+ i play it cuz the girl shinobi gameplay looks legit. But i have no intention to give any money to Ubi Ass or any other franshise they have shown.

Last edited:
No. Watching the trailers, it just looked like bootleg GoT. Will probably just wait for part 2 of that. Even the AC games that look appealing to me wear off pretty quick. The only one I finished and can say was truly great was black flag.

Kenpachii

100% origin, played it twice over
100% odyssey, played it 3 times over
100% valhalla, only one playthrough.
didn't complete mirage
will buy shadow if its on a discount.

Thabass

I'll probably sub to Ubi+ for a month to play it since I did want a game based in Japan. $15 or whatever to play it a little bit or beat it more than enough for me.

Dazraell

Eventually yes, but not on launch or even a first year. I'll wait when all of the DLC will be released and the game will have a large discount or will end up on PS+. I love AC games, but Shadows is not my cup of tea and far from a game I wanted. Plus I don't want to support Ubisoft and people who made this entry by buying it day one

Kumomeme

Sorry? lol nah, man, you are not sorry for them, you want a game to fail for personal, emotional, culture war shit. (not even sure how that helps the industry, but ok)
who are you to put words into my mouth?

you dont even know me personally let alone to truly know what i feel deep inside and yet you out of nowhere, emotionally suddenly accuse and slander me over some two line post.

you one of regular poster here and you should be better than this.

EDMIX

who are you to put words into my mouth?

you dont even know me personally let alone to truly know what i feel deep inside and yet you out of nowhere, emotionally suddenly accuse and slander me over some two line post.

you one of regular poster here and you should be better than this.

I mean, you are saying this
sorry to those who work earnestly developing this game
yet also saying this....
game need to fail hard.

so....that doesn't really sound like someone that is sorry for any developer just doing their job.

I have no issue disagreeing with a game, I do so all the time, but this whole bias, hate and wishing a game to fail or saying it "need to fail" is some wild cope man. I think something goes beyond an opinion when wanting the game to fail starts becoming a topic based on some personal thing lol It sounds so weird.

Like Fifa NEED TO FAIL
COD...MUST FAIL

like it sounds delusional. Look, I'm always going to have some opinion on a game and it may differ as things do, but if I feel a game will do strong numbers, my personal feelings rarely enter that conversation. Fuck am I suppose to do? Pretend cause i hate COD, it um "NEED TO FAIL"? That game will do just fine, move massive units and until I get evidence that's not going to happen, my feelings on it remain separate when it comes to sales.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

I've been waiting a long time for a Japan AC game but no way will I buy this garbage, I wouldn't even add it to my PS+ collection for free. Thankfully Ghost of Tsushima was able to scratch that itch for me and I look forward to the sequel hoping that Sucker Punch won't fuck it up.

Kumomeme

I mean, you are saying this

yet also saying this....

so....that doesn't really sound like someone that is sorry for any developer just doing their job.

I have no issue disagreeing with a game, I do so all the time, but this whole bias, hate and wishing a game to fail or saying it "need to fail" is some wild cope man. I think something goes beyond an opinion when wanting the game to fail starts becoming a topic based on some personal thing lol It sounds so weird.

Like Fifa NEED TO FAIL
COD...MUST FAIL

like it sounds delusional. Look, I'm always going to have some opinion on a game and it may differ as things do, but if I feel a game will do strong numbers, my personal feelings rarely enter that conversation. Fuck am I suppose to do? Pretend cause i hate COD, it um "NEED TO FAIL"? That game will do just fine, move massive units and until I get evidence that's not going to happen, my feelings on it remain separate when it comes to sales.
you purposely remove the 'but' word that i put there.

here the full quote :

you literally projected your personal feeling to others. relax champ. no need to be emotional to the point put words in their mouth.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Regardless of the controversy, no. I didn't buy Valhalla or Origins yet either. I got baited into trying Odyssey because I love ancient Greece as a setting and absolutely hated the RPG mechanics and new combat systems, so it would take a miracle to get me back into this series.

I've said it before, AC: Brotherhood and Black Flag are the only two entries of this series I will ever need.

zokie

i will be honest , i did not buy/play any AC games after AC1 when Jade Raymond was still in Ubisoft

I only played it again during the collab with FFXV

TheSweeper

Absolutely going to buy it. I already pre-ordered the CE. I really enjoyed Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla. Don't care one bit about the stupid black samurai debate. I just want a fun game and from what we've seen so far it looks like it's going to be just that.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I'm gonna buy a month of ubi plus for around 10 euros to try it.

I'm gonna drop like 6 bucks on a Ubi+ subscription, play it for 5 hours until I'm bored and then unsubscribe.

Where ar people getting discounted Ubisoft+ codes from?
Hit me up with the connect.

I can sub for a month to do Outlaws then sub for another month to do Shadows, still cheaper than day one either game.

Based on this poll, it seems like this game won’t be able to make its budget back.

Seems members here won’t be buying it

Does this sentiment ring true everywhere else in the gaming world? In other gaming forums?

Wonder if Ubi knows?

Watch this game do 10 million units easy work.
GAF can be at times(many) out of touch with what the actual gaming landscape is.

Hell theres some people on GAF who honestly think Ubisoft is going under..............mate what?

Last edited:
Last AC game I played was Origins and I did love it but I also bought it for like 90% off. Odyssey and Valhalla already had similar deep discounts but the settings didn't interest me. Not sure if I'll eventually buy Shadows but I definitely won't pay full price. Call me when it's $10 with all the content included and I might.

Pantz

At first, no, but then Leeroy Jenkins comes to mind and it might be kind of funny to play with that mindset. Cultural insensitivity as a bonus.

EDMIX

you purposely remove the 'but' word that i put there.

here the full quote :

you literally projected your personal feeling to others. relax champ. no need to be emotional to the point put words in their mouth.

lol what? smh

Look man, I'm not sure why you think that was edited to look like something else, but saying "but" doesn't change that you are making it seem as if you are sorry for them, yet want a game to fail.

That doesn't negate what you are saying, it means you are not sorry at all...

So...you are the one acting as if you are sorry for those developers and need the game to fail. You are saying these things man. I see no point in acting as if someone is suggesting or making you look like this or that

Even if we just take your whole ass post,

I'd say the same thing.

You are not sorry man, you need the game to um "fail hard" for some reason. I don't even get how 1 game is causing this weird reaction to this btw.

Top Bottom