• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you be buying ASSASSIN’S CREED SHADOWS?

Will you be buying Assassin’s Creed Shadows?

• Yes

Votes: 80 14.4%
  • No

Votes: 407 73.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 69 12.4%

• Total voters

ProtoByte

Weeb Underling
No. I'd have been surprised if many people on this forum would say otherwise.

have watched several videos from Japanese people talking about the inconsistencies in more than just the lead, misplaced Torii gates, tatami mats placed incorrectly, constant bowing from civilians when samurai were normal back then.
Let's not pretend anybody really cares about that shit.

Fbh

Gold Member
If it's another bloated 60 hours game with a terrible main story, boring combat and world design and aggressive level scaling that kills any sense of progression, like most previous games in the series, then no.

But if it comes out and people say it's actually good then I might pick it up down the line, sure.

tmlDan

No. I'd have been surprised if many people on this forum would say otherwise.

Let's not pretend anybody really cares about that shit.
I do, was the question about the general population? no, it was about me buying it. Don't act so hurt.

feynoob

Banned
Need a Ubisoft+ option in your poll. That's what I'll be doing. Sub for a month and then cancel.
Speaking my language.
Showtime Recording GIF by CBS

POKEYCLYDE

Was going to be the first one I got since Origins, but I don't want to support it's racist direction. So I'll wait for the next mainline AC.

Saber

Hell no. They can keep make fool of people doing their political things, but not me. I want distance from them.

This will be the first AC game I skip. I still have rise of ronin, nioh 2, and ghost of tushima to finish, I'm all set for any game set in that era. Plus I won't support wokesters. And ever since ubisoft bent the knee when the weirdos bitched about kasandra (ac odyssey) being straight and having a baby in the dlc. I wish I was making that up.

Hers the jist:
"Assassin's Creed Odyssey's Creative Director Jonathan Dumon has offered an apology to players who felt betrayed by the game’s latest DLC, “Shadow Heritage,” which traces the foundations of the Assassin mythos. While Ubisoft’s marketing suggested Odyssey fully embraced same-sex relationships, the DLC forces players to undergo a heterosexual relationship (the Assassin’s lineage can’t begin without a baby…), which has made certain groups livid. Dumon admits he “missed the mark” and is shelving the romantics for the next chapter."

So yeah I also seen how meh the story valhalla was. It made the female character manly too. Woke ubisoft can go pound sand. It's no surprise where this title came from.

Last edited:

Perrott

Nope, they've lost me with this one. I'll just wait for Ghost 2 from Sucker Punch.

We'll see once the Clint Hocking-headed AC Hexe is unveiled two years from now if that catches my interest.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
Full price? Definitely not. Maybe at a big discount 3+ months post release and if I feel like playing an Assassin’s Creed game.

Buying Ubisoft games at release is a waste of money honestly as they are the fastest publisher to drop prices after release.

SHA

No, it looks worse than ghosts and id rather wait for ghosts 2.

It honestly takes me completely out of it when they put someone in historical Japan that doesn't fit, I do the same for tv shows and movies in other countries, i need the original language (as well). I never used to be like that but the older i get the more i need it, i don't even like when ancient greek shows have british actors anymore lol

I have watched several videos from Japanese people talking about the inconsistencies in more than just the lead, misplaced Torii gates, tatami mats placed incorrectly, constant bowing from civilians when samurai were normal back then.

I just can't support it either way due to its disrespect of other peoples culture and history, even if its fiction. They were just lazy or didn't care.
It's not entirely their fault, if you look at how legit these video games compared to the real world, like modern military, you'll find how out of touch these games are from the real world, that's also disrespectful to real solders if they play games like the games we already know, they're literally out of touch and made purposely for fun.

Yes. It's all fiction anyways. If Abraham Lincoln can be vampire Hunter, a black dude can be a Samurai. Lol. I'm not going to pretend to be offended just cause everyone else is. That's libtard shit.

Eiknarf

Banned
Based on this poll, it seems like this game won’t be able to make its budget back.

Seems members here won’t be buying it

Does this sentiment ring true everywhere else in the gaming world? In other gaming forums?

Wonder if Ubi knows?

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I'm getting Bridgerton vibes from the idea of a black samurai. It's too anachronistic for me, I'll probably be gnashing my teeth the entire time I'd be playing as Yasuke. This will probably the first AC in many years that I won't buy. Such a braindead decision by Ubisoft. They had gold in their hands and they ruined the opportunity.

Last edited:
Remember; none of us can actually "buy" an Ubisoft game. We're just getting a revocable license to access and play it.

Still looks like a good time, though, and I have a soft spot for AssCreed games. Probably pick it up when the complete edition is down to 15-20 bucks.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Will probably either pick it up on a heavy discount, or cave in while bored/drunk on a weekend even though I have thousands of other games to play.

rm082e

I didn't care for the older AC games. I tried a few, but eventually gave up on the franchise.

A friend encouraged me to try one more time with Origins because he knew my preferences - he was right. I loved Origins. I thought the changes they made were all great.

I loved Odyssey (as Kassandra) just as much or more.

I got about 80% through Valhalla (as Eivor) before life interrupted. I want to get back and finish it. Not as good as the previous games, but still good enough to put 90 hours in.

I skipped Mirage because they made it like the old AC games I wasn't into. I'm only interested in the newer action RPG style.

Shadows looks really cringe, so no plans to buy it. I'll be interested to see how it's received. Maybe the game will be so good that I change my mind, but I doubt it.

Yes, but not at launch. Too much backlog and Ubi games usually go on sale within months of release, just like Square's and EA's.

Always wanted an AC set in feudal Japan, that is not Ghost of Tsushima. I haven't been this excited for an AC game since 2 back on the 360.

Don't give a fuck about the online triggered autistic screeching kids on "woke" vs "anti-woke" western political identity politics drama fueled by grifters to earn money (on both sides) from these suckers who follow them.

Won't be playing as Yasuke, anyway, as he's got a heavy moveset and don't want to play as a Samurai in an AC game. So, the fictional character, Naoe, the Assassin/Kunoichi it is and I doubt I'll be playing the game more than once. If Yasuke's moveset and storyline (extra cutscenes, unlockables, story path etc) demands it, then maybe a 2nd for cleanup/completion.

It will sell 10m copies.

No one takes Internet babies seriously.

More than that actually. If you don't count Mirage as it's not a fully fledged AAA release and a shorter one than usual, the last mainline AAA AC, Valhalla, sold close/more than 15 million copies or more than $1 billion dollars in revenue (Yves Guillemot said during an interview or investor call, I don't exactly remember which one).

This looks bigger than Valhalla and Odyssey.

TheShocker

Voted maybe. Leaning more towards no. Current controversy aside, I expect this game to be crazy bloated like Valhalla. Beat it, but it was a chore and didn’t feel like an AC game.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Nope. I stopped buying those games after Desmond’s arc ended. My wife has it on preorder though. She buys them all. I use to play through them, but I don’t have a desire to play another Assassin’s Creed game.

El Muerto

Gold Member
I still have a sealed copy of Valhalla. After playing Origins and Odyssey i got burned out. Still havent picked up Mirage but might soon since it's under $20 now. But I dont think Shadows could be as good as Rise of the Ronin or Ghost of Tsushima.

No, just tired of the series now. Origins was the last one I enjoyed and before that, Black Flag. AssCreed 2 is still the goat though imo.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Day 1.

(i'm here for the cope) lol

Although no special edition, I seem to save a lot of those for Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy (and other RPGS tbh)

Now if they made more reasonable steelbook versions....maybe

M2lM0ZE.png

Top Bottom