• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Happy for the Ukrainian guy but sad overall as that pretty much confirms to me that we will never see Federer win another Grand Slam.

inm8num2

nadal-federer.gif

MiKeD

Banned
Anyone wanna start up an Anti Murray cult group so we can all get together to watch him win the Wimbledon final and then poison ourselves in a nice and easy mass cult suicide kind of way? No, anyone?

That hurt and my heart was beating like crazy on those match points. I really like Federer but then again I like all 4 major players in the tour. It's just that it was an immense streak that meant more than a mere record, a mere number. Federer has been at the top all this time. How many QFs in a row? How many players can stay THAT long on top? It felt like an era coming to a close, definitely. Such a shame. But huge victory on the other side. Huge, huge. He played fantastic.

cdkee

Banned
Something was up with Federer's knee. You could see it.

lol. No dude it was totally his back!!!!!!`1

On a more serious note, congrats to Stakhovsky and everything, but Federer played like utter trash when it counted.

Will anyone ever make 37 QFs consecutively?

Simplet

If I was Djokovic I'd be hiring a chef, a food tester, three bodyguards, a chiropractor and a minesweeping team right now.

qindarka

Banned
What a day. What a fucking day.

End of an era, this tournament. We enter the era of Murray/Djokovic dominance.

They aren't exactly spring chickens either. 26 is the usual age when players start to decline. Of course, there seem to be no youngsters emerging to the top recently so Djokovic, Murray and Nadal (if his knees hold) could well dominate for years to come.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Sorry, watching an arraignment. Fed's out? lollloool
NADAL IS THE GOAT!

Seriously, this tournament is nuts.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Anyone wanna start up an Anti Murray cult group so we can all get together to watch him win the Wimbledon final and then poison ourselves in a nice and easy mass cult suicide kind of way? No, anyone?

You have my sword.

cdkee

Banned
Just one year ago he was in top form, beating Djokovic then Murray. Wow.

He needs to fire his damn coach, hire someone who will make him lose the belly and get back into shape. Agassi played well into his 30s, Federer can as well as long as he gets a good coach.

Saty

Yes, Federer squandered way too many BP's but Stakhovsky was playing as close to perfect as you can get.

I hope he goes far and doesn't lose the next round like i dunno what.

--

Is there any place to watch Federer's press conference live?

qindarka

Banned
Just one year ago he was in top form, beating Djokovic then Murray. Wow.

He needs to fire his damn coach, hire someone who will make him lose the belly and get back into shape. Agassi played well into his 30s, Federer can as well as long as he gets a good coach.

Nah, Federer is 32, very old for a tennis player and at that age, their form can just drop off a cliff.

Agassi's situation was different because he wasted away many of his prime years and had a lot less mileage.

LuuKyK

Maria and Federer out in the same day. I dont even know how to feel. This stupid tournament. t__________t

If Djokovic doesnt win this now... I swear it will be the worst tournament ever for me.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
after all this madness a typical murray-djokovic final would feel like a total letdown. would be amazing if they would both be out before the quarters and the whole thing was wide open. this would be remembered as the "lost slam".

they're such consistent grinding fucks though that's it's not happening.

Well, on the bright side, with everyone that's gone out so far I don't really have to watch anything til the final. Maybe Delpo if he gets far enough.

Simplet

Yeah probably, but at the very least we'll get some new faces in the Quarter finals and possibly semis.

Well you'll certainly get a new face out of the former Federer/Nadal quarter. Here is a list of all the players left in the draw there :

Kubot
Paire

Mannarino
Brown

Almagro
Janowicz

Melzer
Stakhovsky

I guess Melzer and Almagro aren't exactly new faces but even in this draw they have almost no chance of reaching the semi. It's between Janowicz and Paire I think, maybe Stakhovsky.

Wes

venison crêpe
I am in a state of utter disbelief.

What an unfathomable series of results we've had just today, let alone this week.

Jay Sosa

We all know Melzer will win this. Hernia or not.

What's wrong with Andy, exactly?

I like him but:

a.) sometimes his matches are hard to watch, so much talent yet he pushes the ball, refuses to go for the winner, plays godawful tennis for reasons no one besides himself knows.

b.) EVERYTIME he's a set or even a break behind he acts like he's injured, grabs his back and grimaces. And then goes on to win easily

c.) He's scottish. Scottish people are very...unique. Some like it (I do) some don't.

d.)He's not Federer

e.)He has no charisma whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom