• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadman

Federer will be ranked 5th after this now right? Loses 2k points, nadal and ferrer are barely defending any.

Im very sad.

The sheer hate that Murray gets from some quarters for the heinous crime of being a bit of an introvert never ceases to baffle me.

Not everyone has to be a loud and obnoxious douche.

LuuKyK

I have nothing against Murray, but I would rather have Djoko as the winner.

Ugh, looking at the draw. Who the fuck is going to face Serena in the final? Kvitova? Bartoli? lmao Thats it I am rooting for Bartoli and Bouchard now.

MiKeD

Banned
I feel like somehow, all this is my fault.
I NEVER and I mean NEVER do public predictions, but for once I felt like making one.

Literally all the guys I predicted on the 2nd page of this thread to make the L16 are dropping like flies (except for Ratface of course). The ONE time I make a prediction. I cursed them. I cursed them all.

Saty

I feel like somehow, all this is my fault.
I NEVER and I mean NEVER do public predictions, but for once I felt like making one.

Literally all the guys I predicted on the 2nd page of this thread to make the L16 are dropping like flies (except for Ratface of course). The ONE time I make a prediction. I cursed them. I cursed them all.

Off with your head.

Incredible, to think that both Nadal and Federer wouldn't make it beyond the second round; utterly preposterous. Though, it did make me smile to see such sublime serve & volleying. Feels like an era has finally come to a close. I've absolutely loved the Nadal-Federer rivalry and was looking forward to a potential quarter final encounter between the two. But, all good things must come to and end, and with Rafa's knees and Roger's advancing years, we're almost certainly in the twilight years of this wonderful rivalry. Maybe they'll do an Agassi-Sampras 2001 at the US Open and thrill us one last time at the only grand slam venue where they've never met.

Murray absolutely has to get to the final, all major obstacles have been removed, and if anything, he has to redouble his focus and commitment to ensure he take's his chance, which I'm sure is something that will be drilled into him daily by his team. Besides, the last two Djokovic/Murray finals weren't half bad were they?
We're totally getting a Dustin Brown vs. Jimmy Wang final

MiKeD

Banned
The sheer hate that Murray gets from some quarters for the heinous crime of being a bit of an introvert never ceases to baffle me.

Not everyone has to be a loud and obnoxious douche.

WHAT are you talking about.
For years he was shouting at his own box for the most stupid shit. It was so absurd.

hsin

Banned
Absolutely nuts. All I can say is that I wish I had placed a few bets. I guess it had to happen to Fed at some point. :(

MiKeD

Banned
You can't talk about absurd. You're the one who keeps banging on about his face.

Andy-Murray-011.jpg

Now add yelling to your own team who supports you throughout your career to that and I think I got a valid point with the 'Ratface' term and to hate him.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'd rather have Murray win than Djoker tbh (don't like either though). I just found his post hilarious. I like Fed, Delpo, Tsonga, and that's about it in the top ten really off the top of my head. Obviously I'm used to disappointment but this fucking sucks.

AceOcelot

Best day in Wimbledon history.

... Until Murray wins the title, which will be soon.

You are the worst person.

This day is ultimate death to me right now. I wore a Federer hat to almost all of my high school tennis matches, the dude is my hero.

I can't even think straight it's so devastating

edit: I didn't mean it, Certinty. But still.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Best Wimbledon ever (bar the injuries. Poor Tsonga!). God, this is glorious. Shriekapova? Gone. Smugerer? Gone. Nadull? Gone. Only sore note is Lleyton "Legend" Hewitt going out early, but you can't have it all.

Also, all this bollocks about the courts being unsafe is smoke and mirrors. The reality is that the tour is such a massive fucking grind that it's a miracle that these sort of withdrawals don't happen more often. The sport has changed, there are so few teenagers competing at the top of the men's game, not to mention the physicality of the matches can often be brutal beyond belief that scaling back the tour should be an obvious response to this seismic shift. But, no, it's clearly the grass at Wimbledon causing all these players to pull out.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

This day is ultimate death to me right now. I wore a Federer hat to almost all of my high school tennis matches, the dude is my hero.

I'm here for you dude. I had to go out for a drive and scream "FUCK" a few times before I was good lol

Zutroy

Best Wimbledon ever (bar the injuries. Poor Tsonga!). God, this is glorious. Shriekapova? Gone. Smugerer? Gone. Nadull? Gone. Only sore note is Lleyton "Legend" Hewitt going out early, but you can't have it all.

This guy knows what it's all about! Just need Serena out and it's all good!

Certinty

edit: I didn't mean it, Certinty. But still.
*hugs* Sorry to all his true fans.

OMG every single bit of that relates to my thoughts!

Absolutely brilliant so far this tournament!

Andy-Murray-011.jpg

Now add yelling to your own team who supports you throughout your career to that and I think I got a valid point with the 'Ratface' term and to hate him.

The guy is venting, it's frustration, sure it's misguided, but it's really nothing more than that. You make it out as some affront. He's young, he's competing during one of the toughest era's in tennis, and he just happens to vent in a manner which does him more damage than good; something of which he's been trying to fix in recent years. But, yeah, that's totally enough to hate a guy you've never met before.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Lleyton just said people weren'ttaking grass seriously. Not enough people playing warm-ups like Halle and Queens, failing to adjust their movement, and then being surprised when Wimbledon is actually, you know, fast like it should be.

Andy-Murray-011.jpg

Yep. Sportsmen getting frustrated in the heat of competition and snapping is unheard of and shameful, and any attempt on Murray's part to improve it is irrelevant.

...Nope, not seeing any reasonable causes for hatred beyond his looks.

szaromir

Banned
You forgot Shriekarenka, it's nice to have a tourney without her ridiculous noises. All in all very unexpected, now I'm going to cheer for Haas and whoever Ferrer is going to play against in the top half. I kinda want Lisicki to beat Serena as well, would make the outcome of the women's tournament totally unpredictable.

hsin

Banned

Was Lleyton even expected to make it deep at all? Him going out early has been par for the course for years now.

MiKeD

Banned
You don't do much sport do you?

I used to play semi-pro footy and was a couple of months away from sealing my first full pro contract until a career ending injury decided otherwise.
Now I play an individual sport and have 2 coaches. One for all the technical stuff and the other is a mental coach (not full time).

You were saying?

MiKeD

Banned
Yep. Sportsmen getting frustrated in the heat of competition and snapping is unheard of and shameful, and any attempt on Murray's part to improve it is irrelevant.

...Nope, not seeing any reasonable causes for hatred beyond his looks.

Have you EVER seen guys like DelPo, Nadal, Federer and others react like he used to do?
I don't think you remember how bad it was.

Was Lleyton even expected to make it deep at all? Him going out early has been par for the course for years now.

With Nadal losing and his potential opponents for the opening week, he had a good chance of going fairly deep into the draw, perhaps a QF appearance. I was disappointed to see him lose, but not surprised. Still, you hope that spark that defined his early career would briefly, if only for a moment, ignite and burn brightly once again for one last glorious swansong. He probably deserves that. He's always been one of the good guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom