• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
C'mon Radwanska, hang on there! Ah, this is painful to watch - she's alternating between godly and awful with every shot.

TrueBlue

If Robson gets through to the QF she will likely play Serena. Would be good to watch, hopefully she won't have the nerves that have plagued her the last two matches.

I actually like Ferrer. I was quite happy for him to win his first Masters 1000 title last year after all this time. He deserved it. Was quite fun watching Janowicz get to that final too.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If Robson gets through to the QF she will likely play Serena. Would be good to watch, hopefully she won't have the nerves that have plagued her the last two matches.

Generally Laura plays better against better opponents, though.

Wish the BBC would fuck off trying to get Murray to admit he has an amazing chance this year. Thankfully he's not indulging in it, always praising the lower ranked players who are playing really well.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Anderson entered full choke mode and exited Wimbledon.

EDIT: Nicely done, Radwanska!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
? Good job that Madison got tight/tired?

That is Radwanska's game. There can be something to admire about incredibly tight defence, you know.

EDIT: Unless it's endless loopers. That means you, Nadal.

szaromir

Banned
That is Radwanska's game. There can be something to admire about incredibly tight defence, you know.
She can do more than that, see the game at 5*-3. But Madison had a terrible patch from 2-2 to 5-2.

Yeah, that what I was getting at...
You're making no sense. If a player holds from 0-40 it's "women's tennis", but you expect men to defend BPs more easily??

caesar

Banned
You're making no sense. If a player holds from 0-40 it's "women's tennis", but you expect men to defend BPs more easily??

Depends, I wouldn't expect many men to hold a 0-40 even on serve. But in general, a break in the woman's game means less because it swings either way easier. This is from my observations.

szaromir

Banned
Murray is being interviewed on the Wimbledon radio, he confused Youzhny with Troicki. :eek:

Keys is one to watch in the near future.
She is, but probably not that near future. Needs to make backhand more consistent, needs to improve her net play and finally she needs better stamina.

Depends, I wouldn't expect many men to hold a 0-40 even on serve.
It doesn't happen that often, but it happens. Not much different on either tour.

Wilbur

Banned
Del Potro is my only hope left. Tsonga, Brown, Federer, Nishikori all out. The only player left I actually like as opposed to not knowing about, not caring about or not liking is sweet DP

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Dimitrov/Gulbis 2.0, Janowicz is overrated as fuck.

Gulbis isn't even in the same group as the other two, he's far too old to be a youngster. Between Janowicz and Dimitrov, Janowicz is clearly the better of the two. Guy has reached a M1000 final and (assuming all goes to plan) is going to make the SF of Wimbledon. Dimitrov has never been past 3R of any slam. Obviously Janowicz isn't really the third favourite for the title, but he's probably at least within the top ten favourites, especially with the current draw.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Go Lisicki and Dolgopolov! Dog is one of the most fun dudes to watch. Just needs a bit more discipline.

szaromir

Banned
Lisicki seems poised to win this match. If she does, she's going to clash against the reigning FO champion. She also met at Wimbledon the reigning FO champions in 2009, 2011 and 2012 and won each time. She also looks in great form, so who knows.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
every time ferrer has a break point dolgopolov actives god-mode and ferrer turns into a mug. smh.

edit: i jinxed it, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom