• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Novak dug deep.

So I just got to work. I was listening to the Novak match on Serius. They had a British radio station feed. Man the commentators are hilarious.

Kept calling Berdych "the Birdman" and Novak the "Serbinator"

lol.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Just retire, Berdych. Save yourself the anguish and mental stress. Take up a nice, easy-going job that doesn't involve pressure.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah it had nothing to do with Novak starting to play aggressively after going down two breaks in the 2nd.

It didn't really, though. Berdych was dumping makeable shots into the net all over the place. I mean, I'm a big Novak fan but that is what it is.

It didn't really, though. Berdych was dumping makeable shots into the net all over the place. I mean, I'm a big Novak fan but that is what it is.

Novak is hitting the ball so much better than he did in the first set, where he was content playing mistake-free defensive tennis.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Del Potro is actually moving better than Ferrer now.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
lol Ferrer had more winners. Two more defensive players won today.

Oh man, Delpo.

I thought dude was a goner after that nasty knee injury early.

Now if only Verdasco can beat Murray it would make for a heck of a day.

mclem

I'm not sure I've noticed a time before when two people who will be playing one another next finished so close to one another. Was there even a minute between each match finishing?

John Dunbar

correct about everything
just hope that there will be some miraculous recovery and del potro will be in great shape tomorrow. would be a bummer if his knee went to hell tomorrow and he had to withdraw.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm fairly sure Del Potro is going to get munched. While he was moving reasonably well in the final set, he was helped by the fact Ferrer wasn't moving well either. Djokovic on the other hand will be able to exploit that ruthlessly. It's a real shame, he did a great job to keep Ferrer off, that match could have turned around if Ferrer had won the the 3rd, especially given Del Potro's endurance issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom