• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reyne

They have to put the big names (Nole and Murray in this case) on different courts to sell more tickets, otherwise center court would be packed while nobody would bother with court 1

It's always been like this, so it's no big deal, really

Alright. Makes sense.

Yes. And is Djokovic that much of a diva that playing in front of 11.5k people is beneath him?

Where did that come from? I was only asking because its obviously the biggest match of the day.

szaromir

Banned
Where did that come from? I was only asking because its obviously the biggest match of the day.
I thought it was the usual outrage when they don't put someone's favorite player on the main court. Court 1 is pretty huge in its own right and court allocation is supposed to maximize revenues for tournaments, not to massage players' ego anyway.

MiKeD

Banned
It's not worth it. He should quit now before he completely demolishes it and how is he gonna play against a Novak if he somehow pulls this one out of the bag.

szaromir

Banned
delPo is outplaying Ferrer comfortably. Maybe it won't be a long match.

it doesn't help that he looks kinda sinister (not his fault ofc)
I don't think he looks sinister, but he's deprived of any sort of charisma. You'd think crowds would warm up to hi given his stellar results. I think it's a combination of his posture and grunt that put people off.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
if only del potro's knee was fine i'd love to watch him play djokovic in this form. if he makes it through now it's going to be straight sets or a walk over.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Delpo is beasting it up this round. Didn't see the injury happen but hope he can keep up like this

Wilbur

Banned
I love Del Potro, delighted he's playing so well, but I almost want him to retire so Ferrer gives Djokovic a game on Friday. Nole will destroy an injured DP :/

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Hope Berdych will at least get the first set to make this exciting. Djokovic will just cruise if he gets it. Djokovic will take the tiebreak though, barring some legendary serving from Birdy.

Baleoce

I suppose so, but if DP retired now and Berdych pushes Djokovic as much as this first set suggests, Ferrer might be rested enough to give him a game so Murray can clean up #believe

Haha I was thinking along the same lines.. I doubt it'll play out like that XD But still.. #believe

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Djokovic wishes he could hit that overhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom