• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Not sure if this was posted already but the WatchESPN official app is now available.

KageMaru

Did anyone else in the US buy either Five nights at Freddy's games? I can't find them in the store and when I do a Cortana search to find them, a message in the store says the app is not available for my device. Not sure if it's a region, OS, or phone issue.

I only managed to find one other person having the issue. Odd.

Did more searching and actually came up with a couple links where people experienced the same problem but no real information in either of them.

http://software.techhelpbox.com/wha...nd-why-is-it-using-mobilewi-fi-data-51680.htm

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/303567-data-restore-using-mobile-data.html

TBH, not sure about that datasense bit. I"ll peruse the email threads to see if I can find an answer

Many thanks.

I can't believe snapchat is still popular after all mobile OS's built in the ability to capture screenshots.

Kids just don't use Snap for salacious pictures, it is their messaging platform. Don't ask me why, I don't know why it's probably because it's something adult don't use. It's dumb and annoying as hell to use as communication method but often time when I can't get a hold of my daughter, I resort to Snapchat and usually I get near instant answer because they are always on it and checking it.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Anyone else have the Xbox One app just doing nothing? I'm on a Lumia 930. Its just up and stopped working. Already tried deleting and re-installing. No go.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
3rd party apps are not a replacement for 1st party apps.

Why the the hell not? lol
MetroTube is literally superior to Official YT app on Android. You will ignore it just because its not official app?

With the latest update I can even play sound of the video while multitasking on MetroTube. On Android you cant even do that. So far not a single thing I can think of is not in MetroTube.

Why the the hell not? lol
MetroTube is literally superior to Official YT app on Android. You will ignore it just because its not official app?

With the latest update I can even play sound of the video while multitasking on MetroTube. On Android you cant even do that. So far not a single thing I can think of is not in MetroTube.

The ability to not break if YouTube changes something big behind the scenes is not in MetroTube.

To be fair, that's only happened once or twice in the years I've been on WP so far, and the MetroTube devs are awesome at fixing things really quickly, but it's always a possibility that YouTube could change something and make the app worthless.

The ability to not break if YouTube changes something big behind the scenes is not in MetroTube.

To be fair, that's only happened once or twice in the years I've been on WP so far, and the MetroTube devs are awesome at fixing things really quickly, but it's always a possibility that YouTube could change something and make the app worthless.
My mother's galaxy S3 can't play any YouTube video with the latest update installed, and that's the official client. I had to erase all the updates and stop YouTube from auto updating. It's has been this way since October and still wasn't fixed.

And there were tons of people (in Brazil, at least) with this exact same problem.

Problems can and do happen with official apps to. The extra issue 3rd apps have to deal that's never going to be a problem with official ones is being actively brought down like snapchat. That's a valid concern, but I still believe 3rd party apps can replace official ones, specially if they are on your marketplace as a fallback alternative.

Pooya

Is nextgen reader free or not? I can't tell what I exactly get by buying it. Is it just a like it pay for it thing?

maeh2k

Is nextgen reader free or not? I can't tell what I exactly get by buying it. Is it just a like it pay for it thing?

I don't know, but if there's one Windows app worth any money, then it's Nextgen Reader. Great app on both Windows Phone and Windows 8.

kharma45

Now that I've had the 735 a couple of weeks I have to say I'm very impressed with how well the battery lasts on it. Easily make it through a day with plenty of charge to spare from moderate-to-heavy usage.

MCD

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/551825726115045377

Tom Warren: The leaked Windows 10 for phones photos could be genuine. It does have a similar background / Tile style

Di5OOjW.jpg

Top Bottom