• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

Pooya

apps view doesn't have a wallpaper at all in 8.1. You can have proper sliding wallpapers now I guess. need to add swipe to left now.

Milchjon

WP is the only mobile OS taking a visual step backwards with pretty much every single iteration. So sad.

And why is WP7.8 on my 3 year old Lumia 800 still incredibly fast with almost zero load times, while my 920 is a real chore to use in comparison.

Dammit Joe

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
WP is the only mobile OS taking a visual step backwards with pretty much every single iteration. So sad.

And why is WP7.8 on my 3 year old Lumia 800 still incredibly fast with almost zero load times, while my 920 is a real chore to use in comparison.

Dammit Joe

I understand this response, but this is what normal people wanted. The few friends/family with windows phone were all excited about the background picture feature when they got it.

The fluidity is gone, that's a damn shame. My 1020 chugs like an android phone when I'm scrolling the home screen.

Any interesting announcements likely won't be until Microsoft's own event on the 21st.

The 21st event will be verrrrry interesting.

vninp6U.gif

hadareud

The Translator
Any interesting announcements likely won't be until Microsoft's own event on the 21st.

The 21st event will be verrrrry interesting.

ffs

I'm now expecting the announcement and immediate availability of WP10 on the dev preview.

And the announcement and immediate availability of the 1030.

Anything else will be a massive let-down and you will have to take the blame.

Pooya

It will be interesting what Satya wants to do with the 'Microsoft Mobile', I doubt he would have wanted that buyout if it was up to him but now that it's done and they own a sizable mobile manufacturer he has to make it work. That means that W10 is just an android skin or has built in ART runtime!!111 seriously doubt this unified app approach does anything substantial for the store. That would be verrry interesting :b

hadareud

The Translator
Probably fair to assume that it will look something like that, though, if Warren says it could be real.

I actually quite like it. For those that don't, I strongly suspect that you don't have to have a background if you don't want one, just as it is now.

And of course I'm bloody hyped now. Damn you dLMN8R!

Doffen

So Game Troopers just announced that Tiny Troopers broke 1 million downloads on Windows Phone within 5 weeks.

They also announced that they will publish at least 3 new Windows Phone games over the next 2 months.

So Game Troopers just announced that Tiny Troopers broke 1 million downloads on Windows Phone within 5 weeks.

They also announced that they will publish at least 3 new Windows Phone games over the next 2 months.

Big Fish in a tiny pond. The model works.

Ape

Banned
I didn't like that "leak". It didn't look good enough to me. Too much of the same with the blacks removed. If you would have leaked that pic back in 2010 I think we all would have died a little.

Doffen

The "leak" was not interesting at all.

Also the lack of Snapchat is bothering me way too much. Might have to buy an iPad or iPhone 6.

Top Bottom