• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

So they are moving Skype back into the messaging hub, just as everyone moved away from hubs on WP. Will it als support FB chat and whatsapp?

Paganmoon

Surface Hub is high point of the devices for me, hope it gets released WW, and we can throw our shit conferencing system. Wonder if my Microsoft hating boss will even consider it though.

It's beautiful how the two are consistent and efficient. Yet scary how WP might be though as a second screen, just like q companion app and not a full phone.

O ffs I don't know wtf is I am saying I am confused.

I was talking about the AR stuff. After that, who gives a shit about Windows Phone, really.

Zeknurn

i4hrRBQBwioOM.jpg

hwalker84

Come February if my 1520 supports the W10 on Phones preview my question will be this "Lastflowers... How stable is this shit?" If he responds "Do it!" I'm diving in head first.

Magni

I'm still waiting for the DT-903 (announced September 2014, with a planned release of October 2014) to be available so that I can bring back from the dead my old 820 (broken MicroUSB port) and put W10 on that first.

Which Qi plate should I get instead? I'm tired of waiting. Whoever was in charge of this product really dropped the ball, to say the least.

hadareud

The Translator
I think the vision for Windows 10 is impressive, MS look like a company invigorated. I thought the presentation was really very good, much better than I had hoped.

Now for some bloody phone hardware. Come on. Do it.

ffs

Magni

I think the vision for Windows 10 is impressive, MS look like a company invigorated. I thought the presentation was really very good, much better than I had hoped.

Now for some bloody phone hardware. Come on. Do it.

ffs

Mobile World Congress 2015 will take place 2-5 March 2015

I'm not expecting anything until then as far as hardware goes. Good thing we'll W10 to tide us over in February.

kharma45

Damn, Im pumped for this

Need a 1020 successor though...

Also, seems like my old Surface RT and Surface 2 will be left behind :(

Yea RT was not mentioned.. interested to see what they do there as well

Have a SP1 and SRT in the house now

From Engadget

Update: During a Q&A session after the event, Myerson promised that Windows RT users would get an upgrade to 10 as well. Your Surface 2 won't be left high and dry!

hadareud

The Translator
I'm not expecting anything until then as far as hardware goes. Good thing we'll W10 to tide us over in February.

Yeah, Myerson heavily hinted at MWC.

Also was telling that both he and Nadella mentioned new flagship phones were coming.

They know they fucked up.

streaming is being torn apart and for a good reason: lan only, current games must be updated to support it.

It's almost as if they didn't understand technology and/or were moany half wits.

So, how vitriolic was the Gaming Side reaction to that event? Massively? or Utterly?

I think it was Massively until the Xbox One cross-platform and streaming was shown, then it was upgraded to Utterly, then downgraded to Massively with the Surface Hub (which I actually thought was cool), then upgraded again with HoloLens.

Top Bottom