• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

Doffen

We need 6brot.

ELt4EkB.png

Nailed it. Thank me later brot.

I quite like the beta... Runs as quickly as gmail, the sorting works nicely

Today update make it faster, but last time I used it, mail load very slow. I also don't like the way folders are showing up. Cyanogen Mail are much better still a lot faster and folders are way easier to navigate except they overdo it a bit with swiping option.

I've used a Lumia 820 for 2+ years, am I wrong in gaining dissatisfaction with windows phones and the lack of features in main apps such as Facebook?

It feels like Microsoft has Lost interest in the platform

Milchjon

I've used a Lumia 820 for 2+ years, am I wrong in gaining dissatisfaction with windows phones and the lack of features in main apps such as Facebook?

It feels like Microsoft has Lost interest in the platform

Sorry, this thread is for highly satisfied WP users only.

Don't bring your negativity in here, pls.

I think it's pretty funny that Rudy made an app for ads. As "revenge", too. Yeah, that will show them! What a hack that guy is.

And I love you guys.

Well, the Volume Down Button, the Power Button and the Camera Button on my Lumia 920 stopped working this morning. Tried to reset the device using the region settings menu and it didn't solve it. Might try to drain the battery and try again later

It's a little annoying considering I've made it this far to the launch of a new flagship which should be coming later this year and I was hoping to make it last. At least I can still turn on the screen, and thus get into my phone because I have Double Tap enabled
...Thank god, because I had capstone presentations today and needed the phone to show off networking in my game.
:/

kharma45

I just need to find someone with a PAYG sim card now so I can upgrade. Going to use it as a drunk phone I can take on nights out and not worry about breaking or losing.

clav

Been reading reports of people returning the Galaxy S6 because the battery life is the same as their previous phone that has been used for 2 years.

Sigh. Hopefully, we will hear something soon.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Been reading reports of people returning the Galaxy S6 because the battery life is the same as their previous phone that has been used for 2 years.

Sigh. Hopefully, we will hear something soon.

Wrong thread? Wrong topic? Not sure what you mean here lol

Google Handwriting Input in 82 languages on your Android mobile device

http://googleresearch.blogspot.com.au/2015/04/google-handwriting-input-in-82.html

I mean, that's cool; but highly impractical. Handwriting input is great for note taking applications where you get unlimited space to write, not much so for regular texting or web browsing where Swipe and tap typing rule the land.

ahh I see. So do all of us. I want a fucking flagship phone Microsoft.

Hope we see something at build :( but I doubt it.
It really is amazing how well they fucked up the flagships on Windows Phone. My phone is slowly killing itself and it would be nice to be able to upgrade to something with a little more life in it.

It really is amazing how well they fucked up the flagships on Windows Phone. My phone is slowly killing itself and it would be nice to be able to upgrade to something with a little more life in it.

Lets be honest. What this platform needs is more manufacturers. Microsoft can't cover every price range in every region with all kinds of variants (even if it seems like they're trying). If consumers want a Windows Phone, they have no choice but to buy a Lumia and that can't be great. I'm sure carriers don't like it either. There's little differentiation in the hardware line-up and even if you slim it down to 6 Lumia phones, there wouldn't be much that sets them apart. You want a phone that's not made of plastic? Nothing. Something waterproof or -resistant? Nope. Something between 5" and 6"? Go away.

If you get some rare Windows Phone announcement from a different manufacturer, it's usually some non-commitment throw-away stuff made by interns or something. Even the HTC One M8 with Windows was basically a proof of concept. "Look, you totally can put Windows on your Android flagship without doing anything! Now sell it exclusively on one carrier!"

And remember this?

wpoems47fpm.png

That went nowhere as well.

Dramos

After about 2-3 weeks of Windows 10 for phones, I decided to revert back to Windows Phone 8.1. It's just too buggy... however I still can't wait for its release. I loved some of the design changes and the new outlook apps are a very good upgrade.

NeOak

Well that is really ... not that useful on a phone. Unless you're a journalist or a PA.

I mean, that's cool; but highly impractical. Handwriting input is great for note taking applications where you get unlimited space to write, not much so for regular texting or web browsing where Swipe and tap typing rule the land.

I don't know, sometimes I still miss Graffiti on Palm OS :(

Top Bottom