• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

I would love if Chase came back to WP. It's not my primary bank account, but it's inconvenient to have to go through the web browser to open it up.

This bodes well if they come back, shows that there's at least a bit more reason to make WP apps for Win10.

Pooya

maybe game situation actually gets better with easy porting and it takes less than a year from now for hearthstone...

clav

ZulxIcF.jpg

iNU90WA.gif

v8K5O3p.gif

Paganmoon

Spotify app is starting to act up on my 1020. Slow as shit transitioning from My music->playlists or albums or whatever, takes ages to start a song, randomly stops working etc. Just started acting up in the last week, and I don't think I've seen an update that could've caused it.

Any ideas?

Edit: And while I'm at it, sucks that I can't control the PS4 app with my phone :(

Doffen

Threes just won't start anymore on my Lumia 930. Tried to reinstall it, but same thing.

This is what I get for buying a "flagship" device

stktt

Banned
Threes just won't start anymore on my Lumia 930. Tried to reinstall it, but same thing.

This is what I get for buying a "flagship" device

You just have to try opening it a few dozen times. Think of it as a fun challenge mode.

Paganmoon

My 1020 just keeps getting new strange quirks everytime I reboot it now. Now it blasting out music at max volume when headphones are plugged in, even if I set the volume to 0. wtf is going on?

A few days ago I was dismal that I was going to be pushed off the platform, and now here we are with three major apps already having been added. Really seems like MS plugged the holes on this, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Yep. I've always liked him. He's got passion and character, if a bit out of touch. Satya's cool, too. But in a more classy, Gates type of way. Minus the haircut.

Every sentence Satya says sounds like the most breakthrough-thing known to man.

His pronunciation is amazing. It's a half yell, as if his stomach is clenched at all times in preparation for playing the trumpet.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.

Swimmingly. Seriously, lollipop is a piece of shit and Google needs to fix it asap. Supposedly 5.1 makes things a little better but it's not completely fixed, not to mention the host of usability issues it introduces, like two swipes when one sufficed previously, a crappier lockscreen, crappier silent mode, etc. Every time brot comes in here to talk about how pretty it is, show him that screenshot and tell him to shut the hell up. Seriously, just shut up. Android has the apps, I like stuff like multiview, but that's not even stock android.

Edit: obviously, apps are a huge deal. It's also why I'm on android, I don't mean to diminish that, but stuff isn't perfect here in android land, that's all I'm trying to say.

joshschw

Every sentence Satya says sounds like the most breakthrough-thing known to man.

His pronunciation is amazing. It's a half yell, as if his stomach is clenched at all times in preparation for playing the trumpet.

I absolutely love the way he pronounces certain things. Amazing to listen to.

Swimmingly. Seriously, lollipop is a piece of shit and Google needs to fix it asap. Supposedly 5.1 makes things a little better but it's not completely fixed, not to mention the host of usability issues it introduces, like two swipes when one sufficed previously, a crappier lockscreen, crappier silent mode, etc. Every time brot comes in here to talk about how pretty it is, show him that screenshot and tell him to shut the hell up. Seriously, just shut up. Android has the apps, I like stuff like multiview, but that's not even stock android.

Edit: obviously, apps are a huge deal. It's also why I'm on android, I don't mean to diminish that, but stuff isn't perfect here in android land, that's all I'm trying to say.

I specially like the entire row of little icons in your status bar. I feel like they should add a couple more rows to it.

Top Bottom