• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

JaggedSac

bBwBznO.png

gonna start sending dickpics by carrier pigeon

Lol

Yesterday I had three people come over at my place, and all three had a Windows phone. It was like seeing Aurora borealis or something. A once in a lifetime experience.

Yesterday I had three people come over at my place, and all three had a Windows phone. It was like seeing Aurora borealis or something. A once in a lifetime experience.

Iunno, I do actually see them out in the wild. At my unit, my LT has one, one of the guys I'm in charge of has one, and two captains that I know have one, and obviously I have one.

They all stole the idea from me.

clav

Seeing a Windows Phone user in public is like seeing a unicorn or ugly duckling, depending on which side of the coin you're on.

joshschw

Monument Valley has no reviews or ratings. If you got it you should at least rate it... You guys want apps and games but don't seem to follow through :)

Torraz

Is there an app for Windowsphone that is compatible with existing anki (flashcard) decks? Currently using anki on Windows 7 + my Android mobile phone, but apparently there is no official Client for windowsphones.

Quite interested in going for a windowsphone, but I require my daily productivity in the form of Flash Card practice.

hadareud

The Translator

Doffen

I still can't believe that Lumia 640 LTE is trending quite well in Norway. Currently #3 popular phone at one price tracker and #1 phone at another.

It must be rigged somehow. Microsoft has found a way to cheat the system.

Paganmoon

Wait... You're playing it? Get out of here with such madness. Just buy them.

I have to play something while on the shitter... It was that or Killzone on the Vita.

I still can't believe that Lumia 640 LTE is trending quite well in Norway. Currently #3 popular phone at one price tracker and #1 phone at another.

It must be rigged somehow. Microsoft has found a way to cheat the system.

I remember when I first got my 1020, Nokia e-mailed me about writing a review on prisjakt.se (Swedish price tracker, think they're in Norway too), and if I did that and sent them a screencap of my review, they'd send me a Nokia travel battery, could be Microsoft is doing the same :)

Lichter

I've made a review a couple of days ago but it still shows no reviews at all.

It takes some time to show the reviews I guess.

Torraz

Considering getting my first phablet, the lumia 1320. I am mostly looking for a decent screen, that is large, good battery duration and all enough power for a smooth experience. I would only use it for reading pdfs / ebooks, and valid educational apps on the go, in addition to the wonderful gps. Id also watch some videos ob it.

Does this sound like a decent choice?

Thanks

NeOak

Considering getting my first phablet, the lumia 1320. I am mostly looking for a decent screen, that is large, good battery duration and all enough power for a smooth experience. I would only use it for reading pdfs / ebooks, and valid educational apps on the go, in addition to the wonderful gps. Id also watch some videos ob it.

Thanks

Is there a chance of getting the 1520? It has a 1080p screen and a Snapdragon 800 2.2Ghz quad with 2GB RAM instead of the 720p screen with a Dual Core 1.7Ghz Snapdragon 400 and 1GB RAM of the 1320.

Battery lasts a bit longer on the 1520 too in endurance rating according to gsmarena.

See: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5760&idPhone2=5791

Torraz

Is there a chance of getting the 1520? It has a 1080p screen and a Snapdragon 800 2.2Ghz quad with 2GB RAM instead of the 720p screen with a Dual Core 1.7Ghz Snapdragon 400 and 1GB RAM of the 1320.

Battery lasts a bit longer on the 1520 too in endurance rating according to gsmarena.

See: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5760&idPhone2=5791

Thanks for your input. That phone seems to be around dicke the price, and a bit now than i would be willing to pay for a mobile phone. On the other hand, i could of course wait until the 1520 comes down in price. Then it should also be clearer how many android and ios apps are coming to Windows phone.

JimPanzer

Is there an app for Windowsphone that is compatible with existing anki (flashcard) decks? Currently using anki on Windows 7 + my Android mobile phone, but apparently there is no official Client for windowsphones.

Quite interested in going for a windowsphone, but I require my daily productivity in the form of Flash Card practice.

There are apps, all of them are bad and barely function. I stopped using any of them because I fear my srs will get screwed. If I really need to so my japanese reviews on The go I use AnkiWeb through the browser.

I know I've said this before, but I wish apps, at very least the official MS ones, would offer a bit of live tile customisation. Offer options such as transparency, accent colour or brand colour / tile -- blue in the case of OneDrive or green for music, video xbox etc.

hankster

Thanks
Wait if you can for the 640XL. It is the successor to the 1320 and has MUCH better cameras. Expecting a great off contract price also if the 640 non-XL is any indication.

Daft Bird

Fuck, I logged out of 6snap. I tried logging in and failed only to learn that all of the 3rd party clients are deleted. God damnit

I was reorganizing my phone a bit yesterday and noticed I had a strange photo I'd never seen before in my saved pictures. Couple sitting in a chair, smiling at the camera. No idea where the photo came from, must've downloaded it by accident from somewhere. Really creepy. :lol

Paganmoon

I was reorganizing my phone a bit yesterday and noticed I had a strange photo I'd never seen before in my saved pictures. Couple sitting in a chair, smiling at the camera. No idea where the photo came from, must've downloaded it by accident from somewhere. Really creepy. :lol

Whatsapp and similar apps (Viber?) automatically save pictures that get sent to you in your pictures hub. Could be that.

Whatsapp and similar apps (Viber?) automatically save pictures that get sent to you in your pictures hub. Could be that.

Could be that, but I don't use any of those apps. I probably just pressed a few buttons by mistake somewhere, the phone occasionally is choppy as hell.

MCD

Anyone think MS Edge color should be silver? Blue = IE familiarity plus all the negativity behind it.

Silver is cool and edgy.

Prez

Anyone noticed several windows of the same app being open? Email most of the time but I've had it happen with Internet Explorer as well.

Doffen

to be fair, finland would probably burn the store down if it was renamed to be a microsoft store. that country lost many jobs and unfortunately microsoft will get the blame.

And now even more people lost their job and other retailers won't sell their phones because MS's competition got a better relationship with them.

It doesn't help to have the most developer friendly tools if there is no devices in the hands of consumers.

This happen to my 1020 on April 1st. I have 5 or 6 pictures of people I don't know appeared on my phone. It was really odd, and I don't have Whatapp on it or Line. I am thinking it's Facebook but it seems weird that it download to the camera album.

Doffen

could be more to that story than just MS closing a store. Maybe they want a better location?

There's nothing more to the story.

Microsoft' commitment to mainland Europe has been tragic the past few year, I've seen more commercials from Galaxy S6 Edge than any Microsoft product (2010-2015) combined here in Norway.

Apple got large stands for iPad and iPhone in a lot of retail stores, so does Samsung. Microsoft? You're lucky if you find a single Lumia on display.

Edit: New emoji's in Windows 10 and new design: http://blog.emojipedia.org/windows-10-emoji-changelog

oklpvz4nz1oq_small.png

Top Bottom