• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

Ok I am pretty new to windows phone but so far i am very frustrated by the podcast expirience. I have been through at least 3 different apps and none of them will let me download podcast unless I am on WIFI. Is there something I am missing?

I have a Lumia Icon

kharma45

Ok I am pretty new to windows phone but so far i am very frustrated by the podcast expirience. I have been through at least 3 different apps and none of them will let me download podcast unless I am on WIFI. Is there something I am missing?

I have a Lumia Icon

It depends on the size of the podcast. The OS limits downloads over 100MB to WiFi only.

Podcast Lounge can download over 3G/4G.

It depends on the size of the podcast. The OS limits downloads over 100MB to WiFi only.

I bought podcast lounge but every time i try to download something it just gets stuck in que and never responds.

guess its mostly user error. Thanks for reply

n64coder

What is the big deal with the cyan update? If I have 8.1 developer preview, I'm getting the latest stuff right? Or is it to get firmware update?

PG2G

yes, but it is still telling me i need to use wifi

I don't believe there is anyway around that download limit unfortunately. I guess its there to prevent people from unknowingly downloading huge files and destroying their data caps.

It is silly in the case of a podcast though because streaming it is going to take just as much data

I don't believe there is anyway around that download limit unfortunately. I guess its there to prevent people from unknowingly downloading huge files and destroying their data caps.

It is silly in the case of a podcast though because streaming it is going to take just as much data

yeah its pretty silly that i can stream podcast but not download them

So Newegg is selling the unlocked 1520.3 for less than $500 right now.

Any reason why I shouldn't? Because I'm tempted...
I'll be placing my order tonight. Doesn't look like anything high-end is coming to AT&T anytime soon and some aspects of my 920 are wearing thin on me (mostly battery life).

KageMaru

https://vine.co/v/MEvOxuOPUQ5 this is a test vine to demonstrate the sound issues i am having. Howndoi get ridnof the plopping sound between takes?

Is this the only app it happens in? Did you try 6sec? It's a very well made 3rd party vine app. Try downloading that and see if the problem occurs.

I'll be placing my order tonight. Doesn't look like anything high-end is coming to AT&T anytime soon and some aspects of my 920 are wearing thin on me (mostly battery life).

There's rumor of a 1525 coming out later this year.

http://www.mobilenapps.com/articles...with-windows-phone-8-1-and-snapdragon-801.htm

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
So Newegg is selling the unlocked 1520.3 for less than $500 right now.

Any reason why I shouldn't? Because I'm tempted...

Great price if you ask me. And best highend phone you can find on market right now. Display tops some of the best Android phones too. I have been using 1520 since last 3 months and I highly recommend this.

Rehynn

So Microsoft apparently launched Cortana in China. I'm in China, I have my phone set to China and no Cortana. What the hell?

You probably have to adjust the language too?

Also, hi everyone, I just joined the WP 8.1 club:) I got a Lumia 925 from Nokia as a thank-you gift for helping them set up a partnership with the organization I work for, and booooy is this a nice piece of hardware. 8.1 is pretty great too, although I wish they would add a Quick Action toggle for mobile internet. I'm definitely satisfied with everything else though.

Mario007

You probably have to adjust the language too?

Also, hi everyone, I just joined the WP 8.1 club:) I got a Lumia 925 from Nokia as a thank-you gift for helping them set up a partnership with the organization I work for, and booooy is this a nice piece of hardware. 8.1 is pretty great too, although I wish they would add a Quick Action toggle for mobile internet. I'm definitely satisfied with everything else though.
I wonder about that. I'll see next week I guess.
They announced it as part of Update 1 - next week.

Oh right, I thought it'd be available straight away. Thanks.

Is this the only app it happens in? Did you try 6sec? It's a very well made 3rd party vine app. Try downloading that and see if the problem occurs.

There's rumor of a 1525 coming out later this year.

http://www.mobilenapps.com/articles...with-windows-phone-8-1-and-snapdragon-801.htm

Hmm it still doing it on 6sec. I just tried it with my friends xperia z2 and it has that sound there, too, less loud though. Weird

Man thisnis annoying. I didnt even plan on using vine that often, but id like to at least play around with it a little.

I assume it is my microphone being turned on for each take? Not sure

mrklaw

MrArseFace

will podcast lounge auto-update podcasts when on battery? I have the trial version at the moment but the settings make it sound like it only does it automatically when charging?

yes, but it is still telling me i need to use wifi

I think the rules are
<50MB - download via cellular or wifi
>50MB but <100MB - download over wifi only
>100MB - download over wifi only and when charging only

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I wonder about that. I'll see next week I guess.

Oh right, I thought it'd be available straight away. Thanks.

and I think you need to be part of the developer preview program to get it next week? The articles kind of make it sound like a proper launch but I don't think the public will see it - unless I'm reading it incorrectly?

kharma45

will podcast lounge auto-update podcasts when on battery? I have the trial version at the moment but the settings make it sound like it only does it automatically when charging?

I think the rules are
<50MB - download via cellular or wifi
>50MB but <100MB - download over wifi only
>100MB - download over wifi only and when charging only

It will as long as it's less than 100MB.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It will as long as it's less than 100MB.

thanks, will buy the full version then.

Would kill for an app that can sync across all platforms (have an ipad, nexus 4 and 920) but can only find pocket casts for ios/android. WP is my main device though and my car is where I listen to most podcasts.

Top Bottom