• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

Everything is faster...most notably for me the Store and Photos apps. MS Band getting notifications properly now. Groove and Phone app still gimped.

Rebooting and powering on - insanely fast now

Klocker

Why is the stupid text preview box still only a tiny window with scrolling.

This cant be a feature right?

Otherwise seems the same as last build so far as i can see

Doffen

Well I'm going from 8.1 to 10 right now... It's taking forever...

QzrdJzN.png

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I....don't notice anything different.

Same, tbh I am bit let down now. Considering the huge version bump this is still shit. Video player doesnt work at all. But I am using VLC so thats fine.

Still buggy man and feel big change.

KageMaru

Is it just me or is the performance worse now? Constantly hanging up, crashing, not responding, etc. Maybe this is one of those builds where I need to reset my phone after updating?

The new build is lightning fast for me on my 925. Almost feel like the animation of opening an app/returning to homescreen is holding everything back. However it's painfully slow/unresponsive just after boot or when launching new apps. Orientation detection seems better now. They removed the 'not for resale' text on the loot logo. When you turn the phone off it reminds you what events are on your calendar. I still have screen tearing while scrolling and frequent app crashes.

KageMaru

Can't say I've had these problems.

Maybe the build is a bit unstable on the Icon. Takes a few seconds for the time and date to appear on the lock screen. The Maps app is complete garbage and won't give me directions. Edge would lock up. The store would crash. My phone just became a frustrating brick.

Reset my phone, hope that makes a difference.

derFeef

Yeah having the lock screen problem too. It's still good enough for me as a daily driver. I just wish bugfixing would come faster.

Doffen

Lumia 930 is also a bit slow when it comes to showing time and date on the lock screen.
And why doesn't the tile for People Groups show profile pictures?

Okay on my 930 I reselected the same background image, and removed any of the additional information (I had calendar). Loading quicker now, still a delay though.

This new build is horrible, and i usually don't say that.

i no longer have edge for some strange reason so I've been forever to use opera browser...disgusting!

readit won't load and i also can't delete it or reinstall it.

i still have a store bug where the search box and keyboard covers the entire screen making it pretty difficult to use.

there's more issues but not having edge is a deal breaker. does anyone have a direct link to download or something?

Doffen

This new build is horrible, and i usually don't say that.

i no longer have edge for some strange reason so I've been forever to use opera browser...disgusting!

readit won't load and i also can't delete it or reinstall it.

i still have a store bug where the search box and keyboard covers the entire screen making it pretty difficult to use.

there's more issues but not having edge is a deal breaker. does anyone have a direct link to download or something?
Sounds like you have to do a factory reset.

KageMaru

Things seem to be a bit better after resetting my phone. I can at least load up directions in the map app. Before the app would lock my phone up and restart it.

pulled my 920 out to the latest w10 preview. geez, the 920 cyan is still a beautiful phone. just make it lighter, thinner, smaller bezel, and a larger screen and we get the new 940 flagship.

Heretic

Only major difference in this build so far is that my text messages are working again! I still have apps that are trying to install despite already being installed.

Top Bottom