• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Android emulation seemed like a more realistic proposition than hoping that ios devs would recompile their apps and do work on them to get them up and running. Anything that requires work from devs is not going to fly.

giga

Y'all should be happy about that. Those projects would single handedly kill whatever developer interest is left for true WP apps. Who the fuck wants ports?

CaptainABAB

Y'all should be happy about that. Those projects would single handedly kill whatever developer interest is left for true WP apps. Who the fuck wants ports?

I hate to tell you this but I think developer interest is already gone. And yes, at this point I'll take ports.

I've been a WP fan since day 1 but I think I'm bailing soon.

JaggedSac

When people question whether devs will even have the interest to bother doing ports using tools that make that process much, much easier; people will will take what they can get.

I hate to tell you this but I think developer interest is already gone. And yes, at this point I'll take ports.

I've been a WP fan since day 1 but I think I'm bailing soon.
I bailed a month ago. Running a xiaomi mi4 (also for pissible wm10 port), but it's so much better than wm10 it's nuts. And the price? 220 dollar.

I don't miss wm10.

joshschw

Bit off-topic...

This GroupMe app sounded neat as a family chat thing. So I installed it, set it up. confirmed my phone number and a couple old chats from some girls popped up... Pics and all.. Definitely not mine.

Who should I contact/tweet at about this? Totally appalling and not okay.

It's been deleted now, and I will not ever use the service obviously.

NeOak

Bit off-topic...

This GroupMe app sounded neat as a family chat thing. So I installed it, set it up. confirmed my phone number and a couple old chats from some girls popped up... Pics and all.. Definitely not mine.

Who should I contact/tweet at about this? Totally appalling and not okay.

It's been deleted now, and I will not ever use the service obviously.
How long have you had that phone number?

joshschw

How long have you had that phone number?

Couple years now. Rather irrelevant in any case.

So if I ever change numbers, whoever gets my old one should get all my chats as well?

It actually overlayed my name with her old profile picture.

I tweeted at them.

hankster

JhHW5Ey.jpg

Can't they make it so we can turn off / block these effing app banners??? Damn it.

Black Friday is right around the corner though. I'd probably hold off until then. I'd hate to buy the new phone this week to find out a week after there's some kind of bundle promo with the Band 2 or something.

Nero3000

950/XL available for preorder at the carphone warehouse for some decent sim-free prices (no offers though).

Also mail app has been updated bringing back linked inboxes.

toff74

950/XL available for preorder at the carphone warehouse for some decent sim-free prices (no offers though).

Just looked on Vodaphone, EE and o2 and still no pre-order.

EE have no information at all!

edit: not a random moan, I smashed the screen on my Lumia 920 3 weeks ago and still using it. Is it worth getting it fixed or waiting? something similar with the wife only a 925. Its getting cold, we were wearing gloves! lol

Nero3000

Just looked on Vodaphone, EE and o2 and still no pre-order.

EE have no information at all!

edit: not a random moan, I smashed the screen on my Lumia 920 3 weeks ago and still using it. Is it worth getting it fixed or waiting? something similar with the wife only a 925. Its getting cold, we were wearing gloves! lol

Probably best to wait it out.

Paganmoon

Crossposting here so no one misses it:

Microsoft Sweden has this on their homepage:

http://www.microsoft.com/sv-se/mobile/microsoft-display-dock-offer/ claiming 950, 950 XL and 950 Dual-sim

Further more, the offer on the SE site states that this is no matter where you purchase it (not only from the MS store). Or at least, it's got 7 retailers listed on their site.

Though Microsoft UK has the following:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/microsoft-display-dock-offer/ Stating only the 950 XL

Would be strange if only Sweden got the offer for 950, but who knows, maybe we're no longer Tier 3!

Edit: after trying a few different locales:
Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland all seem to state 950, 950 XL and 950 Dual-sim,

Germany, UK, Poland sites states only 950XL

Italy, Spain, Netherlands, France, Austria, Ireland - Page cannot be found (maybe different link there, or offer not available at all?)

Which version are you currently on? I was on the one from June and I had to reset to 8.1 to get it. It wasn't too bad of a process.
The one before the current insider build, which we should be able to upgrade to, but my phone fails the upgrade.

I went from 8.1 to the build I'm one and it involved 2 resets and thinking I'd totally wrecked my phone at one point, so I'd like to avoid that process again if possible.

Top Bottom