• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

1020 830 950XL
Ti3MKJ5.jpg

1020 still feels amazing in hand. Gimme that with a 5" screen, updated specs and a smaller camera bump and I'd be the perfect phone.

woulda had my cyan 920 in there but I traded it in for my 950XL. in hindsight I wish I went with the 950 as one handed typing is a pain on the XL.

Can't seem to sell off my 1020 as I still use the Smart Sequence feature in Lumia Camera. The 830 I'll send to my wife's family member in Mexico so it will find a good home.

nillapuddin

You can, just tap and hold in the field and the "select all/paste" comes up.

i can say this with 100% clarity

that literally never works

it is impossible to copy text from one tab of edge, and paste it in another tab, absolutely no matter what method you use to try and achieve it.

MarkusRJR

Decided to pick up a Lumia 650 since my LG G4 bootlooped and my carrier is being a dick. Was going to get a Moto G, but the 8gb version with 1gb ram costs $300 here, while the Lumia 650 is only $200.

I currently have a micro-SIM card. I think the 650 has a nano sim slot and a micro sim slot. Is it possible to exclusively use the micro-sim, or is the nano sim the primary sim? Not sure how Windows 10 Mobile handles dual sim devices.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like the 650 has two nano sim slots only. Guess I need to get a new sim card.

Decided to pick up a Lumia 650 since my LG G4 bootlooped and my carrier is being a dick. Was going to get a Moto G, but the 8gb version with 1gb ram costs $300 here, while the Lumia 650 is only $200.

I currently have a micro-SIM card. I think the 650 has a nano sim slot and a micro sim slot. Is it possible to exclusively use the micro-sim, or is the nano sim the primary sim? Not sure how Windows 10 Mobile handles dual sim devices.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like the 650 has two nano sim slots only. Guess I need to get a new sim card.
Just trim the micro to a nano

ElNino

Help me WP GAF... I'm tempted to purchase the OnePlus 3 to try against my 950 XL. I really like the core of WP (W10M), but they seem to be taking two steps back for each step forward and the app gap is starting to creep into my daily life.

hadareud

The Translator
I was being a dick, sorry. It was just too tempting.

There's weird bugs that some have that most don't and that seems to have been the case for a while. Sometimes they even fix themselves like the non winking Hello problem I had for a while.

Paganmoon

So, latest fast ring, I've lost my reception icon on the top left corner. Also, see my background when on the top row when checking notification center. hmm.

Edit: ok, they're back now.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Officially moved to a Huawei P9.

It was nice hanging with you, guys :(

I guess I'll be around in case a Surface Phone ever comes out. Or if I finally get my 920 fixed.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I thought you'd left Windows Mobile long ago?

I guess I never kind of left since I switch phones every few weeks and I still use my 920 as a nice alarm clock + internet browser, but right now I just can't be arsed to wait for the next flagship (unless it's a Surface Phone and MS really nails it).

switched back to windows phone (lumia 830)
like it alot more than android. just wished for more apps and for 10 to be more stable.

also running a midlevel phone compared to the galaxy s6

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
switched back to windows phone (lumia 830)
like it alot more than android. just wished for more apps and for 10 to be more stable.

also running a midlevel phone compared to the galaxy s6

I wish there was a way I could run Android with proper Livetiles without fucking up the rest of the OS in the process. Nothing beats Modern UI in terms of simplicity and ease of access. Nothing.

At this point Microsoft should fork the fuck out of Android along Cyanogen and call it a day.

I wish there was a way I could run Android with proper Livetiles without fucking up the rest of the OS in the process. Nothing beats Modern UI in terms of simplicity and ease of access. Nothing.

At this point Microsoft should fork the fuck out of Android along Cyanogen and call it a day.

i agree. or release the damn surface phone and improve the shit out of the store

I wish Cortana had more access to the Android OS and that they'd finally port fucking WordFlow over. Buying LinkedIn for an illegal amount of money is important, but porting WordFlow to Android isn't? What the fuck, Satya?

doesnt though.

as you can see its grayed out & long press -> "paste"; doesnt work.

glad it works for other people.
It works. You are doing it wrong. The paste icon is greyed out. I've already gave detailed instructions to press in the field that you're typing in then this comes up.
Ycchwoy.jpg

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I wish Cortana had more access to the Android OS and that they'd finally port fucking WordFlow over. Buying LinkedIn for an illegal amount of money is important, but porting WordFlow to Android isn't? What the fuck, Satya?
At this rate half of the new OT will be composed of Android users bitching about Microsoft apps or the lack of them.

Time is a flat icon.

hadareud

The Translator
Does Instagram have any revenue generating features btw?

I mean, 26 billion for Linkedin is obviously absolutely insane, but at least there's a potential (however unlikely) to make a profit eventually.

Paganmoon

Does Instagram have any revenue generating features btw?

I mean, 26 billion for Linkedin is obviously absolutely insane, but at least there's a potential (however unlikely) to make a profit eventually.

Usage data? When, how, and where are people using the app. Info not used to advertise within the app, but give demographic data about usage for future targeted advertisements?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I'm probably the target market for LinkedIn and I don't use it, nor do any of the professionals I interact with. I mean, we all filled out a profile with a picture, but I don't know anyone who uses it on a daily basis. Maybe if I was job hunting.

hadareud

The Translator
User data.
Ads.
Official accounts for marketers/companies

Yeah, all relatively minor apart from advertising I'd say. A break even operation in an ideal world.

I'm probably the target market for LinkedIn and I don't use it, nor do any of the professionals I interact with. I mean, we all filled out a profile with a picture, but I don't know anyone who uses it on a daily basis. Maybe if I was job hunting.

Their premium service is used by pretty much every sales organisation and it does not come cheap (at all). For a medium/small sized software sales organisation it costs a six figure sum, annually.

Top Bottom