• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

nillapuddin

It works. You are doing it wrong. The paste icon is greyed out. I've already gave detailed instructions to press in the field that you're typing in then this comes up.
Ycchwoy.jpg

this might sound crazy, but I actually know how to troubleshoot and use modern technology

I assure you Ive tried every configuration for copy/paste

I even posted about this a few months ago Im pretty sure. If it really does work for everyone else, then I will reset my phone or something, cause it just doesnt work on mine.

Decided to pick up a Lumia 650 since my LG G4 bootlooped and my carrier is being a dick. Was going to get a Moto G, but the 8gb version with 1gb ram costs $300 here, while the Lumia 650 is only $200.

I currently have a micro-SIM card. I think the 650 has a nano sim slot and a micro sim slot. Is it possible to exclusively use the micro-sim, or is the nano sim the primary sim? Not sure how Windows 10 Mobile handles dual sim devices.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like the 650 has two nano sim slots only. Guess I need to get a new sim card.

Would you be interested in One Plus One for $180.00 : P

Anyway, I just can't bring myself to buy Galaxy phone. It's pretty and got great camera but I really don't need the bloated skin on top no matter what they say. I ordered One Plus 3, while I wish it run Cyanogen (since it's now practically litter with Microsoft product, latest update even integrate Skype beside Cortana) but Oxygen OS will do.

I have been running my Android with Arrow Launcher (Microsoft launcher on Android) It's nice and minimalist and so far it's great. The last update for Outlook is awesome and with Sunrise team it's looking to be great Mail / Calendar app.

MarkusRJR

Ended up canceling my Lumia 650 order before it shipped. Found my old Blackberry Z30 that I thought I gave to my dad as a temp phone. I'll probably keep using it till the Surface Phone or BlackBerry Priv successor comes out. No official Whatsapp, Instagram or FB is pretty shitty, but there is a good unofficial FB and Instagram app (with the option to download Android versions with a tiny bit of work). Battery seems to have gone to shit though, lasts half as long as I remember it lasting.

Honestly surprised at how fast it still is. iPhones and Android devices from the same era seem way slower. Shame that BB10 and Windows Phone appear to be disappearing. I really dislike Android and iOS in every way apart from their app support.

Opera is available on WP now.

It really sucks. Scrolling performance is poor and websites load quite slow. Is this an automatic port of the iOS version?

Ever since the last fast ring update came out my phone wont connect to my home wifi, every other wifi device in my house can connect, just not my phone. I tried deleting the wifi conections in my phone and reconnecting but that didnt work. What can I do to fix this?

Treo360

Ever since the last fast ring update came out my phone wont connect to my home wifi, every other wifi device in my house can connect, just not my phone. I tried deleting the wifi conections in my phone and reconnecting but that didnt work. What can I do to fix this?

I think you know what must be done.

hadareud

The Translator
Shame that they remove Kid's corner, it's a nice feature.

I'm not surprised that usage is low. At this stage, it's likely that only people not able to get girlfriends and wives and are therefore unable to reproduce have a windows phone.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
iOS one says that the last update was in September. So glad I didn't renew and picked up Apple music instead. Desktop client, synced playlists, and merging my collection with their cloud library. It's like Zune pass never left!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Nice that there is at least one app that is better on Windows Mobile for now. It was annoying when I had my G4 briefly however. Groove is pretty great now.

JaggedSac

Nice that there is at least one app that is better on Windows Mobile for now. It was annoying when I had my G4 briefly however. Groove is pretty great now.

Groove really is nice now. The Your Groove section is a nice addition.

Windows Maps has added some nice things. You can keep multiple searched items on the map at once. Used it today as the wife and I went to various estate sales around the area. Having multiple on the map at once helped us determine the best next one to go to. They also added selecting from multiple routes on the map(I think that was added recently, can't recall though).

MCD

Groove really is nice now. The Your Groove section is a nice addition.

Windows Maps has added some nice things. You can keep multiple searched items on the map at once. Used it today as the wife and I went to various estate sales around the area. Having multiple on the map at once helped us determine the best next one to go to. They also added selecting from multiple routes on the map(I think that was added recently, can't recall though).

This is the one app that must be ported to everything. Seriously, how the hell people can contribute to an exclusive platform map app?

This is the one app that must be ported to everything. Seriously, how the hell people can contribute to an exclusive platform map app?
On the other hand, why would people on other platforms use Microsoft Map, when there's Google Maps with Offline Maps.

Btw, has the Instagram app be updated yet to the new design and icon?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
On the other hand, why would people on other platforms use Microsoft Map, when there's Google Maps with Offline Maps.

Btw, has the Instagram app be updated yet to the new design and icon?

Yeah, it was a few days after iOS Android. It is slightly different icon since it is transparent. App works nice.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I was surprised how good Microsoft maps has gotten when I used the Windows 10 version. I thought they had given up on it like the other stuff but even the poi information seemed very updated.

JaggedSac

I was surprised how good Microsoft maps has gotten when I used the Windows 10 version. I thought they had given up on it like the other stuff but even the poi information seemed very updated.

Bing/Here/Windows whatever data is being used, is the only maps that actually gives directions to my house correctly. The wife and I have both contacted Google and Apple to correct the directions they give but it never sticks. Granted, we live off a dirt road, but Windows Maps handles it just fine. It is tiresome having to take calls from pizza guys, delivery guys(FedEx and LaserShip mainly), etc to tell them the correct directions. Generally I have to leave short messages in the delivery info box (@3 mailboxes turn right, last house), lol. Never helps though. I always ask them what maps app they use when they eventually get here.

kharma45

What confuses me, and it's likely just another silly MS decision, is that the Maps app is greatly improved on the Insider builds but that app isn't being rolled out to regular folks.

Top Bottom