• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

Paganmoon

well, it appears this is as good a time as any to bring up feature parity (again). Was just out for a run, and since Windows Mobile still doesn't support GATT Server, I can't really use my Blaze with it, for starting GPS assisted runs or controlling music. So I ran with my iPhone instead. So, anyway, get back from the run, as I'm taking my earphones off, I figure I want to continue listening to the song I had on, thinking, shit now I have to find the playlist on the computer and all that. I open the Spotify app on the computer, and low and behold, it had the song I was listening to already ready to roll, and exactly as far in as I was on the iPhone.
First I was like "Awesome!", then I got sad cause it's another feature not available on Windows Phone version.

I know I said back in June I'd be switching, but yet it's August and I'm still here. Though with the impending cut off of Skype support, I may have a definite jump-off date. The day Skype stops working on my 920 is the day I buy another phone, at the latest.

Hey guys, what's the best way to get a 950 on Cricket? Any deals? I'd go 950XL if there's also a deal on that that makes it about the same price.

NeOak

Hey guys, what's the best way to get a 950 on Cricket? Any deals? I'd go 950XL if there's also a deal on that that makes it about the same price.
See if you can get the ATT 950, it's 300 and it should work on Cricket.

You'll need someone with a postpaid account to buy it at a AT&T company store.

Going with the 950 XL from the Microsoft Store?
Nah, just going to be the 950.
Quick question, does the 950 have the ability to connect to more than one Bluetooth device at a time? Mainly wondering for future reference, all I've got currently is the Ms band.

Sweet! Yeah something that mildly annoyed me about my Icon. Maybe now I'll pick up some Bluetooth speakers haha.

Essentially what's going on is that my Icon's battery is taking a nosedive, and without there having been any updates to blame it's most likely just the battery itself at 2 1/2 years old. I was thinking about either jumping to Google Fi, but apparently they only run on T Mobile and Sprint, which is shit where I live, so instead I'm gonna jump to Cricket and get the 950.
Sadly, I'm out in the woods on military duty (which makes the battery thing that much worse), so I'm actually having difficulty ordering the damn thing atm. Oh well, I can live with it for a bit longer.

Got an email from Amazon w/ "your Amazon Windows Phone app" as the title saying they're discontinuing the Amazon app for Windows Phone.

I'm really looking forward to the new Google phones coming out this year, gonna switch to Android though I will really miss the WP10 OS.

Ape

Banned
Got an email from Amazon w/ "your Amazon Windows Phone app" as the title saying they're discontinuing the Amazon app for Windows Phone.

I'm really looking forward to the new Google phones coming out this year, gonna switch to Android though I will really miss the WP10 OS.

man that sucks

Yeah but a Universal app is likely. Yet the amazon app for Windows RT is still going strong.

Guess I'll use the mobile edge version. Funny, I remember using the amazon app on android and thinking it looked so similar to the mobile web app that it was practically a web wrapper.

Edit: Well amazon.com is one of those sites that pin to start very nicely. You'd never think it was a link to the browser and not an app.

WmyMYyI.jpg

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Maybe they will do a universal app. The audible universal app is really good and I'm sure less people use that. As discussed many times though, I wish developers would announce the uwp app, even that its in development, when they cancel their WP app.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Messenger app is a laggy mess :( I tried both versions, beta and regular. Using it on 950XL. Uninstalled multiple times.

Is it my phone or the app is just dog shit? This is something I use everyday fuck man fuckkk

derFeef

Messenger app is a laggy mess :( I tried both versions, beta and regular. Using it on 950XL. Uninstalled multiple times.

Is it my phone or the app is just dog shit? This is something I use everyday fuck man fuckkk

the app is just shit. I needed to reinstall it yesterday in order to send a message. It crashed constantly. Not to mention there is still no lockscreen notification icon! argh!

After the 950s/650s are sold off via these sales, there literally will not be any Windows Phones on the shelves until the Surface Phone?

I don't see the Surface Phone happening when you look at it like that.

I know things aren't developed overnight and it takes months of work before a phone goes from production to finished product. That being said, I feel like if the HP Elite x3 does not end up selling well Microsoft would either scrap Surface Phone or just decide not to bother following through with development (Assuming they are working on it now). If business and enterprise does not bother adopting the Elite x3 I am not sure what would make the Surface Phone any more of a compelling product.

Sordid

Getting the .67 build without being an insider. Just need the 950 XL firmware too, my CV UK phone still hasn't gotten the last firmware they released.

Klocker

Weird. My phone said the new .82 update was ready, failed to install on restart, did a reset as suggested and now on .67 and no .82 update available

Top Bottom