• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

derFeef

I fixed Shazam!

Open the app.
Start listening to song.
Lock phone.
Unlock phone.
Start listening to song again.
Song found!

lol...

ty_hot

Its been a while since my last update, I believe my phone wanted to updates for the last 2 or 3 weeks... So I finally deleted Facebook to have extra space for the update.

Now this shit cant play videos. Wtf. Everything runs in slow mo. Seriously?

woot, my team! https://twitter.com/JenMsft/status/789207095228846080

MSFT's obsession with ninjacat is disturbing me a bit....

This is really, really cool.

Now, please beat the OneNote team over the head with it. Windows Ink feels so isolated from the other apps. It does some things better than OneNote, but there's no way for me to use those features.

And yes, Ninja Cat needs to stop. It was sort of cool for a while, but it became like an internal mascot and boy, is it ugly.

Lazaro

Rocket Riot is now available as a UWP (PC and Mobile) and Xbox Live enabled, also available on Steam.

currently 50c off during launch period. You can also unlock all characters for free for a limited time.

EDIT: Level packs are currently free too.

I might actually forget about getting a new iPhone if the store actually gets more games like this.

Camera update with timer and time lapse was released to release preview and slow ring.
Video seems to focus better too. I'm gonna test slow-mo and see if that's improved.

HDR post processing previously would be unstable with some pics failing to process. So far, no processing issues with this new build. It's still slow to process but seems more stable.

I think this update will keep me from lusting over a Pixel. I've looked at android's video editing apps and they're awful. WP at least has Movie Maker which is full featured.

So, I'm (past) due for an upgrade from my Lumia 635; it's a decent phone, but the GPS is going, and the power button is getting finicky. Unfortunately, I'm on T-Mobile, and literally the only windows phone they carry now is the Alcatel OneTouch FIERCE XL. Anyone know how it is? Otherwise I'll have to wait and save up to buy an unlocked phone somewhere else.

So, I'm (past) due for an upgrade from my Lumia 635; it's a decent phone, but the GPS is going, and the power button is getting finicky. Unfortunately, I'm on T-Mobile, and literally the only windows phone they carry now is the Alcatel OneTouch FIERCE XL. Anyone know how it is? Otherwise I'll have to wait and save up to buy an unlocked phone somewhere else.
You can find great deals on unlocked 950s and 950XLs; below $300.

You can find great deals on unlocked 950s and 950XLs; below $300.

300 bucks is a lot when I'm gearing up for a move, lol. I kind of need a new phone by then, it's a long drive through cornfields and I'm terrified of getting lost and having to ask for directions in some one-street town covered in Trump signs.

NeOak

You can get a 640 with the T-Mobile ROM.

If you can get an AT&T one cheap, you can debrand it http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-phone-8/general/brand-att-lumia-640-lte-t3294971

You can get a 640 with the T-Mobile ROM.

If you can get an AT&T one cheap, you can debrand it http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-phone-8/general/brand-att-lumia-640-lte-t3294971

Disclaimer: This method may brick your phone! Back up all data. I am not responsible if you break your phone. Use the steps below at your own discretion! Please be careful.

hmmmm
lol

I might do that. I keep seeing them around for as little as 60 something bucks.

People still using W10M are crazy, people still using WP8.1 are something else, lol.

One of the main reasons I bought a Lumia 1020 was the expectation of at least getting WM10. Needless to say I was pretty upset with how Microsoft basically went "lol jk" on the day the damn thing was released.

Honestly, was gonna make a long rant about this stuff, but this gets the point much faster: Fuck Microsoft.

Good to know not even fucking Skype is gonna work soon. But hey, at least an Android version from 2011 can still support it apparently.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
One of the main reasons I bought a Lumia 1020 was the expectation of at least getting WM10.

What? The phone was released two years before wm10, how was that a fair expectation? Would've been a nice bonus but outside of Apple nobody does that kind of major update support. And even with Apple the update is just as likely to slow your phone down.

The Skype thing is dead on though, no excuses there.

Paganmoon

so is the contact sync with Skype-preview totally broken or something? Decided to finally test it out on my phone and sure, it has all my SMS:es copied over but no contacts, so all texts are headed with the phonenumber. I've gone into settings and selected the sync option, but no dice.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Windows Central has had stories about the impending launch of the Alactel Idol Pro 4S on TMobile. The specs are actually pretty good,

What? The phone was released two years before wm10, how was that a fair expectation? Would've been a nice bonus but outside of Apple nobody does that kind of major update support. And even with Apple the update is just as likely to slow your phone down.

The Skype thing is dead on though, no excuses there.

https://youtu.be/6cOk5AeFyqo?t=826

https://twitter.com/Lumia/status/532914535263641600?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

And so on.

It's a fair expectation because they explicitly pointed out as such multiple times, and the phone was also included as one of the devices supported by the WM10 developer previews. They didn't give a warning several weeks or months in advance making it clear that they might not/cannot fulfill this expectation. No, they decided the best time to tell people their phones will not be upgraded is on the very same day WM10 releases.

Would that be a surprise?

Yes.

Project Astoria release?

:(

More like "Windows Ink everywhere in this bitch!"

Surface Dial-Up.

Make 56K Great Again.

On a serious note, most likely a reveal on something that replaces the Microsoft Band.

What would make it "most likely"? Have there been concrete rumors and rumblings about a Surface wearable? Does that market even make sense for Microsoft?

Top Bottom