• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

My father got a new phone and he decided it would be a bright idea to set up the phone using the a different MS account than his old phone, not realizing that everything was tied to the other MS account. What's the best way for him to proceed, just reset the phone I assume?

NeOak

My father got a new phone and he decided it would be a bright idea to set up the phone using the a different MS account than his old phone, not realizing that everything was tied to the other MS account. What's the best way for him to proceed, just reset the phone I assume?

Reset, yes

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Can't wait to run the same non-optimized Win32 apps, that get my Surface Pro 4 3 hours of battery life, on my phoooone! Wooo!

The way I understand it, they wouldn't run on the phone directly, they would run on continuum. So you're either plugged in or using a laptop-like device similar to the X3.

hadareud

The Translator
The rumours are that the Surface Phone will probably not arrive before spring 2018.

The 830 chipset that will be required will come out late next year and so should Redstone 3, so I don't quite understand why. Unless they want to give HP a bit of a free run with their phone since they're rumoured to be heavily involved in the project.

The rumours are that the Surface Phone will probably not arrive before spring 2018.

The 830 chipset that will be required will come out late next year and so should Redstone 3, so I don't quite understand why. Unless they want to give HP a bit of a free run with their phone since they're rumoured to be heavily involved in the project.

The 830 is the 835 now and is coming in H1 2017. The Galaxy S8 is supposed to launch with it.

Nikodemos

Apparently there's a new high-end Windows phone: the Alcatel Idol 4S Windows. It has an SD820, 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage (+ microSD). 5.5'' 1080p display.

T-Mobile exclusive (for now at least).

Damn, this is the most activity Windows Phone GAF has had in a week.

On a side note I was recently thinking about the Surface Phone which led to me thinking about the future of smartphones. It will be interesting to see what becomes of the Surface Phone, but I just was reflecting how cool it'd be to have a phone you could use like a regular smartphone and then pick it up and take it to work/school and "Continuum" it through a display and run legacy programs. It also led to me thinking about the future of technology and how it will be cool when we reach that point where I could take my phone on the go and play "hardcore" PC games through it by hooking it up to a TV or monitor.

derFeef

No. 1 question - any youtube app recommendations? I want to play saved playlists in the backgrund (not possible on Metrotube, only your own), and have shuffle feature. MyTube is almost there, but also no suffle and a bit clumsy to use.

Heya.

I'm thinking about going back to windows phone.

Went from a 920 to an iPhone 6 two years ago, and with the battery dying and shit all the time on it, and never using itunes, I think I"m just going to go back.

I want to buy another 920 again, I don't use any apple apps except like, instagram and tinder. Do those still have windows 10/WP equivalents. Does the 920 even get win10 or is it stuck on 8.1?

I'm hoping to stay on T-Mo.

NeOak

920 is really old. You should look at a 950.

Or actually get a 640, since that has Wi-Fi calling and Band 12 support. If you can't get the T-Mob variant, you could buy an AT&T variant and flash the T-Mobile ROM.

Also, I guess no one has to bother with Pebble support anymore.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I agree, get 950. You can get it for so cheap now.

Also both Instagram and Tinder apps you will find it with feature parity

NeOak

¡HarlequinPanic!;226206558 said:
Dang, people are saying you can't wifi call via T-mo on it though. Maybe I should just go back to AT&T.
Did you even read what I wrote?

Jesus.

Either a 640 like I said, or the new Alcatel Idol 4S that is exclusive to T-Mobile.

Top Bottom