• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

So far im definitely pleased with the 830. Performance with my main apps seems better like Twitter which tended to be slow on loading for me before(such as peoples profile pics in tweets). Xbox Music also is faster and I almost doubled the amount of songs from.my 920.

Going from 32gb to 80gb is great (can't do that on 920 or 930). Screen looks better as well. It is closer to the glass and I was able to configure the color profile more to my liking.

You still get the odds resuming and loading. However some apps probably are yet to be optimized for 8.1.

Still need more time with it, but im happy.
Good to hear. I'll likely upgrade my GF's 920 to an 830 when it's available on ATT.

I'll wait on that 1030, 1040 more likely with the delays.

Is there a way for my Tmo 925 to get Cyan yet?

I've been running Dev Preview so long now, I've forgotten what we're up to.

Just checked, I'm still running 8.10.14176.243, revision 3051.40000.1404.0011

So it's been around April that I had an update.

hadareud

The Translator
Went to the football today. It was fucking shite.

However, I got to see a 1320 afterwards in the pub. It is fucking massive. Massive.

sK2RRYR.jpg

(the other dude in the picture had a 930 btw, it was all very weird.)

Nero3000

Mother got a 735. its quite nice.

Store gave the wrong sized sim and the IMEI number is already used for the accessory offer (not by us). Need some strong words with the store manager...

hadareud

The Translator
I should add that both of them were working in IT. I'm working in security. One of them was wearing the same vans that I wear.

I'm somehow getting the feeling that WP is only for nerds, and worse, that I too am a nerd. I was convinced that I was going to be a rock star when I was younger. I still secretly am.

:(

Realized that my 1020's battery goes down much faster while playing music through Bluetooth. This happened since Cyan update so those wishing for it may not actually want it. My camera does seem to be slightly faster shot to shot so there's a trade off, there always is.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Or a Note 4.

Nope, the Note series is the only one where Samsung's ugly skin becomes a huge benefit. They do more to accommodate for that size than apple or any other manufacturer. A Note without touchwiz and s pen support is just another big phone. The s5, however, could benefit from losing touchwiz.

Heretic

I should add that both of them were working in IT. I'm working in security. One of them was wearing the same vans that I wear.

I'm somehow getting the feeling that WP is only for nerds, and worse, that I too am a nerd. I was convinced that I was going to be a rock star when I was younger. I still secretly am.

:(
Haha

kharma45

Nope, the Note series is the only one where Samsung's ugly skin becomes a huge benefit. They do more to accommodate for that size than apple or any other manufacturer. A Note without touchwiz and s pen support is just another big phone. The s5, however, could benefit from losing touchwiz.

The Note line isn't that much bigger than the S5 now, and it's a step up hardware wise. OIS camera, QHD screen, SD 805 and better fit and finish.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
You don't have to sell me on the note, it's the best phone Samsung has ever made. But the software is key to take advantage of the form factor, and windows phone hasn't made any concessions to phablets.

Milchjon

Is Spotify not able to tap into your local music library? It's kinda stupid I have to switch apps to access these songs.

Does that work on other OSs?

I would love if all Lumia phones had support for the N Trig -- would make for a nice added layer of cross compatibility with the Surface Pro. Alas, that'll never happen. :(

mrklaw

MrArseFace
With just 2 days of battery life it better be a full smart watch rather than just a fitness band like a Fitbit.

I'm interested if it has a good price and it's feels like a worthwhile upgrade over my Fitbit Flex.

Same. Would have bought a fitbit force but they got recalled. So it'll be between whatever fitbit bring out next to replace it, or this MS thing.

are there any apps that can get data out of Healthvault, or are they all about putting data into it?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
With just 2 days of battery life it better be a full smart watch rather than just a fitness band like a Fitbit.

I'm interested if it has a good price and it's feels like a worthwhile upgrade over my Fitbit Flex.

whats with the complaint about 2 days battery life? Isnt the apple watch only 1 day of battery life?

Zeknurn

whats with the complaint about 2 days battery life? Isnt the apple watch only 1 day of battery life?

It's still far too low for a watch. The functionalities has to outweigh the massive downside of the low battery life for it to be worth for me. As an example, The Fitbit Force gets 10 days of battery life. With none of the smart watch capabilities. It's all about trade-offs.

Either way, at least it most likely won't be butt ugly like the apple watch.

That thread, urgh. Nothing but drive-by posting.

Milchjon

It actually works okay
for penises at least
and being able to draw on maps is fucking awesome. It's something that I used to do using 3 separate apps.

Top Bottom