• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

frontieruk

Same. Would have bought a fitbit force but they got recalled. So it'll be between whatever fitbit bring out next to replace it, or this MS thing.

are there any apps that can get data out of Healthvault, or are they all about putting data into it?

With just 2 days of battery life it better be a full smart watch rather than just a fitness band like a Fitbit.

I'm interested if it has a good price and it's feels like a worthwhile upgrade over my Fitbit Flex.

and I just bought a jawbone up. Smh, I knew it would be a poor purchase this close to the holidays

Personally I find the need to recharge these devices a pain as you generally lose data during that period being either when you sleep as you charge over night or the hour or so when you charge it during the day.

I changed from a flex to a Garmin Vivofit and couldn't go back, sure it could do with an audio notification, and yes you need to manually sync it to the app, but the data for the current day is always visible, it holds a months data I think, but it takes seconds to sync a week's data and it just goes on and on and on.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm pretty happy with the 930's step counting but the data gets stuck in MS' ecosystem. Tried pairing with fitbit but that just pulls data from fitbit into health&fitness. I want the activity info to go into fitbit

hitgirl

I've started charging my Lumia 928 every other day, hoping full battery drain to full charge will prolong the life.

What's the fastest way to take a picture, host it, and post on neogaf with my lumia?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Few days in and I don't regret buying the 830. It has been working great. Xbox Music got another update and seems pretty quick to me

Another thing I noticed compared to the 920 is that audio output using headphones, etc., seems to be able to go louder.

Just need the Lumia camera update now.

JaggedSac

Personally I find the need to recharge these devices a pain as you generally lose data during that period being either when you sleep as you charge over night or the hour or so when you charge it during the day.

I changed from a flex to a Garmin Vivofit and couldn't go back, sure it could do with an audio notification, and yes you need to manually sync it to the app, but the data for the current day is always visible, it holds a months data I think, but it takes seconds to sync a week's data and it just goes on and on and on.

Easy fix, get one of those wireless charging mattress pads.

Nero3000

Think my phone is downloading the denim updat....woooo!

What's new again?

Edit nope, not denim...wonder what it was then...already on DP/

Are they ever going to bring back the ability to have the Xbox music live tile work when there is no music playing? It's nice to finally have that feature back, but I want to see cool animations for my last played/favorite artists. It really sucks that it goes back to the stock boring tile when you pause or stop the music.

Also is there any way to change the dpi scale or text size of IE? Everything is so huge on this display, especially GAF. Seems wasteful...

derFeef

Are they ever going to bring back the ability to have the Xbox music live tile work when there is no music playing? It's nice to finally have that feature back, but I want to see cool animations for my last played/favorite artists. It really sucks that it goes back to the stock boring tile when you pause or stop the music.

Also is there any way to change the dpi scale or text size of IE? Everything is so huge on this display, especially GAF. Seems wasteful...

GAF mobile has a font size option.

Bought an Android phone yesterday. Did I need one? No. But it was cheap and an Xperia (which I have a particular fondness for).

I've only had my 8X for about 6 months so it seems pretty early to switch back to Android. The lack of apps isn't a huge issue for me but seeing WP as the third/fourth platform does start to wear thin. I do like the offline GPS, Here+, Office and OneNote, OneDrive integration, and the predictive keyboard, and the UI is clean and efficient. But I think there are Android versions of the aforementioned, no?

Transferring all my stuff will be annoying though.

MCD

Bought an Android phone yesterday. Did I need one? No. But it was cheap and an Xperia (which I have a particular fondness for).

I've only had my 8X for about 6 months so it seems pretty early to switch back to Android. The lack of apps isn't a huge issue for me but seeing WP as the third/fourth platform does start to wear thin. I do like the offline GPS, Here+, Office and OneNote, OneDrive integration, and the predictive keyboard, and the UI is clean and efficient. But I think there are Android versions of the aforementioned, no?

Xperia? Sony released this just for you:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/s...r-mobile/0da9fc3f-f489-4143-a012-602643a798da

kharma45

There is. Here Maps exists http://here.com/beta/android/?lang=en-GB and there is OneNote, OneDrive and Office (requires a 365 sub though). Keyboard wise SwiftKey is fairly good.

MCD

I hope MS never stops Nokia from making accessories. I swear their 1.5A usb home charger is the best shit ever.

Magni

I hope MS never stops Nokia from making accessories. I swear their 1.5A usb home charger is the best shit ever.

Talking about Nokia accessories, when is the DT-903 coming out?? They said October back at IFA, and absolutely no news since then :(

Are you referring the picture you see at the lock screen? That's Settings -> Lock Screen -> Background.

nah, nokia released a 'glance screen' editor that allowed you to change the picture that was displayed on the glance display. since moving to 8.1 i can't find/remember how to change or remove the picture.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
They updated Weather Flow, one of my favourite WP apps but it went downhill in my view. I liked the simple card style design that you could flip over. Now it has more detail but it seems cluttered.

More importantly they removed the lock screen feature where you could cycle round a folder full of photos while also displaying the weather. For now I've switched to photostream which does the photos but that isn't ideal.

My phone downloaded an update the other day and when I go to extras it says the software release is lumia denim. Does that mean that I am past cyan and dont need to worry about that anymore?

NeOak

Is there a way to take a pic with the front facing camera while the about extras and info is open? I dont have another camera but I could hold my phone up to a mirror or something.

I have a 920, not an icon btw.

Press Power Key and Volume Up at the same time.

Magni

Is there a way to take a pic with the front facing camera while the about extras and info is open? I dont have another camera but I could hold my phone up to a mirror or something.

I have a 920, not an icon btw.

Screenshot, Power + VolUp

What phone do you have?

Top Bottom