• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let your mom plug in her phone, let it update to Mango, then flash the mango language pack for Dutch: 0407 (Dansk is 0406). You have to make sure that the version of the Dutch language pack cab that you use is the same as the FW version of her phone.

It can't be that simple. I've been trying to figure this issue out for 12 hours straight now.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
It can't be that simple. I've been trying to figure this issue out for 12 hours straight now.

If you are using the cabs to update, it IS that simple. Use the link Brot posted to get the right language packs, then flash the cabs with the tool (also provided via that link).

pic_AXMu_m.jpg

If you are using the cabs to update, it IS that simple. Use the link Brot posted to get the right language packs, then flash the cabs with the tool (also provided via that link).

pic_AXMu_m.jpg

Let me get this straight. I was on Mango build 7.10.8107.79 .. lets assume I'm running that build now. Which language pack should I install from XDA? Couse the language packs from XDA are all updates from build X to build Y. And since I want a language pack for my build, Y should be 7.10.8107.79. What would that make X? In other words, I want Dutch for build 7.10.8107.79, which of the packs should I download?

Let me get this straight. I was on Mango build 7.10.8107.79 .. lets assume I'm running that build now. Which language pack should I install from XDA? Couse the language packs from XDA are all updates from build X to build Y. And since I want a language pack for my build, Y should be 7.10.8107.79. What would that make X? In other words, I want Dutch for build 7.10.8107.79, which of the packs should I download?

This one: http://download.windowsupdate.com/m..._5eb880b1d3e3e6550307d9a133529fbcc5035aec.cab

Thanks! I assume the camera settings language can't be changed becouse I need to unlock my device for that, and 7.10.8107.79 Omnia7 build can't be windowbroken?

There are full unlocked custom ROMs for the Omnia 7. You could mess with it in any way. But for now I'd just try to get the language pack on your phone. :lol

There are full unlocked custom ROMs for the Omnia 7. You could mess with it in any way. But for now I'd just try to get the language pack on your phone. :lol

That's the thing, I don't want to void the warrantee :p

What I've done is reverted back to 7.0.7004.0 ... and step by step I apply updates:p I go from

7.0.7004.0 -> 7.0.7008.0
7.0.7008.0->7.0.7355.0
7.0.7355.0->7.0.7389.0 (I'm here now lol)
7.0.7389.0->7.0.7390.0
7.0.7390.0->7.0.7392.0
7.0.7392.0->7.0.7403.0

7.0.7403.0->7.10.7720.68 <- this is where Mango is introduced so I install the language pack there + apply the camera language XML after WindowBreak. After all that, I update to latest ROM via Zune. That will keep my language, but update the ROM officially right?

That's the thing, I don't want to void the warrantee :p

What I've done is reverted back to 7.0.7004.0 ... and step by step I apply updates:p I go from

7.0.7004.0 -> 7.0.7008.0
7.0.7008.0->7.0.7355.0
7.0.7355.0->7.0.7389.0 (I'm here now lol)
7.0.7389.0->7.0.7390.0
7.0.7390.0->7.0.7392.0
7.0.7392.0->7.0.7403.0

7.0.7403.0->7.10.7720.68 <- this is where Mango is introduced so I install the language pack there + apply the camera language XML after WindowBreak. After all that, I update to latest ROM via Zune. That will keep my language, but update the ROM officially right?

The language pack I linked you is only for the 8107 build.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I know, the language pack I want to install for the NoDo -> Mango update is 7.0.7403.0->7.10.7720.68

Do the 7720->8107 cab flash, then put in the language packs brot linked.

edit: you're making this way too hard. You told us you were on 8107 and asked us which language pack, then brot linked you to it, now you are listing another FW version. Make up your mind, lol.

Do the 7720->8107 cab flash, then put in the language packs brot linked.

edit: you're making this way too hard. You told us you were on 8107 and asked us which language pack, then brot linked you to it, now you are listing another FW version. Make up your mind, lol.

I fucked up. I was trying to do an OS update but accidentally flashed the language pack brot linked, for a NoDo ROM lol..

Fuck this shit, I'm flashing back my Mango ROM I backed up and I'll install the language pack brot linked.

Edit: Ugh, the restore point is Mango, and my current ROM is NoDo.. I'll have to update all the wat to Mango trough Zune before I can restore.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Since updating to Tango my battery drain whilst not in use has gotten noticeably worse. Pretty sucky.

dream

So much for no plan B. A little less than a year after Nokia US' Chris Weber proclaimed rather bluntly, "the reality is if we are not successful with Windows Phone, it doesn't matter what we do," Nokia's chairman Risto Siilasmaa reportedly said in an interview that the company does, indeed, have a "contingency plan," should Windows Phone 8 falter.

meego?

So I'm finally sort of where I want to be regarding ROM and Language (fuck). Now I can finally use the phone a bit. I have to say, this OS is b-e-a-utiful. Right of the bat, first question:

I imported SIM contacts, they are at the people hub. After that, I set up/ synced a hotmail account. The people hub synced all contacts, that means e-mail contacts and phone (SIM) contacts. I want to get rid of the email contacts, and only show SIM contacts, cause those are the ones with an actual phone number lol. How do I separate the two? When I go to people -> settings -> filter contact list, I can uncheck Windows Live, but hides all contacts, also the SIM contacts. So.. what should I do?

I guess I have to create a new account for the SIM contacts ?

JaggedSac

So I'm finally sort of where I want to be regarding ROM and Language (fuck). Now I can finally use the phone a bit. I have to say, this OS is b-e-a-utiful. Right of the bat, first question:

I imported SIM contacts, they are at the people hub. After that, I set up/ synced a hotmail account. The people hub synced all contacts, that means e-mail contacts and phone (SIM) contacts. I want to get rid of the email contacts, and only show SIM contacts, cause those are the ones with an actual phone number lol. How do I separate the two? When I go to people -> settings -> filter contact list, I can uncheck Windows Live, but hides all contacts, also the SIM contacts. So.. what should I do?

I guess I have to create a new account for the SIM contacts ?

Probably when you imported it, it just added your SIM contacts to your email account contacts list. Not sure how that works though, but I imagine there is no separating them now. Maybe create a group for your SIM contacts?

Probably when you imported it, it just added your SIM contacts to your email account contacts list. Not sure how that works though, but I imagine there is no separating them now. Maybe create a group for your SIM contacts?

I created a new hotmail account just for SIM list, and imported that as my main account to my phone. When I did that, I imported my sim contacts. Now the sim contacts are linked to that account. After that, I imported my main email account of which I want to receive email. When I did, I unched the sync contacts option and voila. Receive email, but don't have all the contacts you've once sent an email to.

Wait, why can't I pin another hotmail account to start screen?
Edit: oh becouse it's already there lol

Milchjon

Soft reset:
tech_nokia_lumia_800-soft-reset.jpg

Hard reset:
tech_nokia_lumia_800-hardreset.jpg

Can someone give me a primer on hard resets?

Benefits? (Someone seemed to say something about battery life, which would be godsend)
Risks?
Stuff I need to do first?
How would I do it and get everything back on the phone again?

hwalker84

Can someone give me a primer on hard resets?

Benefits? (Someone seemed to say something about battery life, which would be godsend)
Risks?
Stuff I need to do first?
How would I do it and get everything back on the phone again?

Benefits? Wipes phone to factory default
Risks? You lose everything
Stuff I need to do first? Make sure all of your contacts, photo's are sync'd
How would I do it and get everything back on the phone again? You must manually download everything. You cannot get gamesave's, bookmarks, app positions, settings or anything of the sort back.

It was great with all of you guys here, but it's time to say goodbye.

I hope you'll miss me.

And don't worry, I'll troll by every now and then.

n79nU.jpg

P.S.: RIP gutter

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
You're off-contract, right? You'll be back by this time next year when the pureview phones release. I'm more worried about WP regulars signing a 2 year deal with an android phone or iphone. MS is moving too slowly, lots of good soldiers lost. *salutes*

I'm stuck anyway, no upgrade until next year, but if my upgrade were right now or if I needed a new phone right now, I'd bail out too. These next 4 months without win8 devices will be brutal. Maybe we will pick up some android regulars in the fall, there seems to be interest in the platform and weak hardware seems to be a big sticking point.

Edit: also, I'm not going to whine about positive growth or maintaining share in a growing market when Symbian and RIM are bleeding out. No new phones on sprint or Verizon sucks, and just two new phones on at&t. The platform will continue to grow with wp8.

You're off-contract, right? You'll be back by this time next year when the pureview phones release..

I am off-contract and yes, that's the plan. So lets keep it a secret and don't tell those guys over there, okay?

Seriously, I need a new phone right now and getting a Windows Phone at this point is just silly.

Wait, which phone did you get?

I'm about to order the Galaxy NINO.

"Nexus in name only", since it's only a real Nexus phone when you buy it from the Google Play store.

I don't go Droid. I'm going to brot Droid.

I read plenty of reviews (oke, I just read one) that suggested that if you want todays mid-range Android devices, you're better off buying last years top-range devices. In other words, you're better off buying last years flagship Xperia Arc than this years Xperia U.. cheaper and better hardware.

I read plenty of reviews (oke, I just read one) that suggested that if you want todays mid-range Android devices, you're better off buying last years top-range devices. In other words, you're better off buying last years flagship Xperia Arc than this years Xperia U.. cheaper and better hardware.

I think the Galaxy Nexus is good enough, but thank you.

kharma45

I am off-contract and yes, that's the plan. So lets keep it a secret and don't tell those guys over there, okay?

Seriously, I need a new phone right now and getting a Windows Phone at this point is just silly.

I'm about to order the Galaxy NINO.

"Nexus in name only", since it's only a real Nexus phone when you buy it from the Google Play store.

Good choice for Android, if I went back I'd only go for a Nexus Phone.

btw, I wasn't kidding with the "NINO" stuff. Today I learned that if you don't buy the Nexus from the Google Play Store, updates will be handled by Samsung or the carriers.

Hilarious shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom