• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how people bitch about android trolls when then only people mentioning Android are the ones bitching.
this makes no sense.

I see android trolls from ios/ms people.
I see WP trolls mostly from android.
I see ios trolls from WP/android.
Everyone bitches about everything.

kehs

Banned
this makes no sense.

I see android trolls from ios/ms people.
I see WP trolls mostly from android.
I see ios trolls from WP/android.
Everyone bitches about everything.

Anytime I start position in this thread people cop titty attacks and call me and android troll when all I'm doing is talking about the Windows Phone failures. Same with Unknown Soldier and a couple of other people.

I havent mentioned android in here for months because certain people get uppity. I talk about how OEMS are moving away from MS and I get called an Android troll? It's ridiculous.

Any who, I'll leave you guys to bask in 7.8, may a mod strike me down and perm me if I post in this thread again.

Anytime I start position in this thread people cop titty attacks and call me and android troll when all I'm doing is talking about the Windows Phone failures. Same with Unknown Soldier and a couple of other people.

I havent mentioned android in here for months because certain people get uppity. I talk about how OEMS are moving away from MS and I get called an Android troll? It's ridiculous.

Any who, I'll leave you guys to bask in 7.8, may a mod strike me down and perm me if I post in this thread again.

lol

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The same old shit keeps getting brought up and it gets old.

MS keeps doing the same thing. To slow, not enough info, and some fuckups along the way. Shit gets old even with me really wanting a surface tablet and a wp8 device.

People hate on Coper cause he goes over the line sometimes, but he gets way to much shit from people in this thread. It gets old how certain posters jump on people so fast here.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
You're gonna feel like shit for upgrading to that lame ass One X when the Apollo phones come out. You don't have to admit it, keep telling yourself that you're in love with that android device, but you've tasted metro and you love it, you'll be back the second your contract lets you. Android doesn't age well.

/reversetrolling

MS keeps doing the same thing. To slow, not enough info, and some fuckups along the way. Shit gets old even with me really wanting a surface tablet and a wp8 device.

People hate on Coper cause he goes over the line sometimes, but he gets way to much shit from people in this thread. It gets old how certain posters jump on people so fast here.
Last I check this is Windows Phone 7 thread. No one would jump his ass if he stop acting like a troll.

Black-Box

I know you are just full of shit troll but come on, the reason the list go down is simply because Garmin, Dell and HP no longer make phones and Sony Ericsson is dead.

*s8gh* I forget how fast you guys get unbaned ... it was nice in here for awhile but it seems Droid trolls are back in full force to defend their "freedom" OS.

yes, and those are only ones who have confirmed, LG will probably release a phone, they want money!

Vanillalite

Last I check this is Windows Phone 7 thread. No one would jump his ass if he stop acting like a troll.

He's been posting basically only WP7 stuff lately people are just jumping his balls cause he's not posting that it's all rosy in WP7 land that he's trolling.

He's been posting basically only WP7 stuff lately people are just jumping his balls cause he's not posting that it's all rosy in WP7 land that he's trolling.

I don't think it's all rosy in WP7 land but constant stupid one-line post get old and tiresome. I went on tirade on Windows Phone 7 and Microsoft plenty of times in the past so don't think of me as some blind fanboys.

You don't see me go into Android thread it's simply because I don't care about the platform and don't see the point of posting my though there because the fact is I don't use it. Also what do you expect when you come in and post shit in Windows Phone 7 thread that people that do like the platform won't get all up in arms? Trolling is trolling you can disguise it anyway you like but if you don't have any vested interest in the platform why even come in.

I go into Nexus 7 because I am thinking about getting one, and it is so annoying to have to wade through all the mis-information by people who doesn't own the device yet feel the need to come in to trash it because they feel the need to prove that their pad of choice is superior.

MCD

Not like there is anything better to discuss around here. Even the trolls are tired of waiting for Apollo.

I try not to get too involved with this, because I think it's silly, but most of the times you come in there, bring a "EVERYTHING YOU LIKE SUCKS"-one liner and then wonder about the reactions? Come on.

Doffen

Not like there is anything better to discuss around here. Even the trolls are tired of waiting for Apollo.

“The road of life twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same. Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination.”

frontieruk

I actually don't have an issue with your posts in here, most of them recently have been factual and balanced and have contributed to discussion in this thread other posters have just come in to shit the thread up it's a pointless exercise and sadly something that's becoming more prevalent on gaf.

Commodore

I actually don't have an issue with your posts in here, most of them recently have been factual and balanced and have contributed to discussion in this thread other posters have just come in to shit the thread up it's a pointless exercise and sadly something that's becoming more prevalent on gaf.

I'm mostly fine with Coco as well. Screw anyone not being able to take legitimate criticism here or anywhere. If they have a point, they damn well have a point no matter how much you have to swallow your pride to accept it. Though in this specific case, he came in a picture that really had no merit given his zinger. He's better than that. Mostly.

The problem with Copernicus, and any troll, is that it's hard to tell whether they're being serious or not---Copernicus does troll, so it's completely understandable why some may be apprehensive and dismissive of his posts.

He's a smart guy, so you'd think he'd understand this, which leads me to believe his "outrage" is just more trolling, or he's drunk.

Commodore

The problem with Copernicus, and any troll, is that it's hard to tell whether they're being serious or not---Copernicus does troll, so it's completely understandable why some may be apprehensive and dismissive of his posts.

He's a smart guy, so you'd think he'd understand this, which leads me to believe his "outrage" is just more trolling, or he's drunk.

This.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Mehdoh 2.5 is submitted. It's mainly just a big bug fix of 2.0. Should be out as soon as MS can clear it.

I tried gleek and a bunch of other twitter clients, but I'm done. Mehdoh is simply the best for me. I hope they keep speeding it up and improving it.

kharma45

Wish Mehdoh was as snappy for me as it is for you guys, kinda sluggish on my Optimus 7.

Best one I've used is the official Twitter after their last update. It's fast, looks nice and has reliable push notifications.

I still say pureview is the most important technology for cell phones since the touchscreen. It finally puts a good camera on your phone. I think it will be the biggest feature to get ios/android people to move over (assuming nokia has it patented and other oem's can't copy it)

I just hope the pureview cameras come to all carriers (namely sprint as I am now on ting which is a sprint mvno). They have said wp8 is on their roadmap but w/o any phones being announced for sprint yet we really don't know which carriers will get the "good" ones.

If camera was that important for cell phones the Galaxy Nexus wouldn't have sold so many units despite many reviews and people complaining about the quality of it's camera. Maybe PureView will be a revolution that drives phone sales, but the odds are that it won't be. Cell phones are a commodity market not unlike laptop computers. A few people will search for business-class laptops and pay more for a laptop which won't fail immediately after the 1 year warranty ends. The rest will go to Best Buy and pay $400 for a piece of shit laptop and be happy they got a bargain. If a fancy camera is the best thing Nokia can bring to the table they are more fucked than RIM.

Seriously Coco, if you're drunk then go and troll the RIM deathwatch thread. Don't become another brainless soldier.

So many bitter tears in this thread. I love it when people resort to personal insults defending a multi-billion dollar multi-national corporation, it's a sign they have lost the argument in spectacular fashion and should retire from Internet forums.

For the record, Coco gets banned for doing stupid things in other threads. Nothing he has done in MobileGAF has ever been ban-worthy, but he's pretty hilarious trolling other random threads and getting the hammer for it.

Vanillalite

Thing that got me to use Mehdoh was the 2.0 update gave me a few weeks to nab it for free. Hard to switch to something else since it's mangofied and pretty feature filled when anything I'd probably have to switch to will cost me.

Blackhead

Redarse
If camera was that important for cell phones the Galaxy Nexus wouldn't have sold so many units despite many reviews and people complaining about the quality of it's camera. Maybe PureView will be a revolution that drives phone sales, but the odds are that it won't be. Cell phones are a commodity market not unlike laptop computers. A few people will search for business-class laptops and pay more for a laptop which won't fail immediately after the 1 year warranty ends. The rest will go to Best Buy and pay $400 for a piece of shit laptop and be happy they got a bargain. If a fancy camera is the best thing Nokia can bring to the table they are more fucked than RIM.
Ok you kinda had done good points there but then you veered into very stupid territory. cellphones are not like laptops because consumers get subsidies. A consumer can get a piece of shit phone for $0 on contract (actually value $80) or a good phone for $0 on contract (actually value $450). This means s lot more people are in the market for good phones.

Vanillalite

Ok you kinda had done good points there but then you veered into very stupid territory. cellphones are not like laptops because consumers get subsidies. A consumer can get a piece of shit phone for $0 on contract (actually value $80) or a good phone for $0 on contract (actually value $450). This means s lot more people are in the market for good phones.

The thing is in general at least in Android land the phone with the best camera hasn't equaled the phone with the best sales.

It remains to be seen whether this really is any correlation to draw from. Plus Nokia's tech could be light years ahead of the competition so it won't just look marginally better comparing phone to phone camera wise.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
The thing is in general at least in Android land the phone with the best camera hasn't equaled the phone with the best sales.

The Galaxy series phones are dominating the Android phone sales and those have good cameras outside of galaxy nexus, but that's not the highest selling model, is it? Even on the Nexus, Goigle spent time on their conference pimping the camera shutter speed.

The iPhone 4s has a fantastic camera and that is one of the best selling phone models in the world. Apple spent a big chunk of their conference talking about the camera, too. So did HTC when they unveiled the One X. Clearly, cameras are a big deal, and there is nothing like the pureview out there. If Nokia can push it out within the next six months with Apollo, they'll have a significant competitive advantage.

Vanillalite

The Galaxy series phones are dominating the Android phone sales and those have good cameras outside of galaxy nexus, but that's not the highest selling model, is it? Even on the Nexus, Goigle spent time on their conference pimping the camera shutter speed.

The iPhone 4s has a fantastic camera and that is one of the best selling phone models in the world. Apple spent a big chunk of their conference talking about the camera, too. So did HTC when they unveiled the One X. Clearly, cameras are a big deal, and there is nothing like the pureview out there. If Nokia can push it out within the next six months with Apollo, they'll have a significant competitive advantage.

Actually in general most people have said Samsung has taken a step back from the GSII camera with all of their 2012 phones. That might just be conjecture by people though. Obviously companies pimp it out, but I'm not so sure that's the big draw for the consumer so long as it has a camera that isn't like a 1 megapixel camera from a decade ago.

I'll agree though that there isn't anything close to Pureview out there which should if it pains out give you a dramatic different in photo quality over what you could get now. I'll be interested to see how Nokia pushes the preview angle to the public.

Tomcat

yes i am using the 808 and the camera is a generation leap from the n8
if you compare it with the likes of iphones4s/galaxy then its two generations ahead lol
if you are using a pureview you simply cant go back to a normal camera on a phone

JaggedSac

PureView is another bullet point and an easy marketing hook. The high end phones from all OS's this fall will be in parity with regards to hardware. PureView is something for differentiation. A differentiation that is not a fucking skin. Something other OEMs should learn from.

Commodore

Hell yes the camera is a big deal. When you can show you can record a concert this well, and compare how big of a difference it is against the competition, in terms of sound and video, I can't see how its not going to impress a bunch of those millions of hipster kids who love to hold their phone up and record the show they're at. Being able to take passable pictures was always a nice little feature with cell phones, but PureView is something else entirely. This is being able to take great shots, record near professional level with a cell phone. Nokia has a distinct advantage compared to everything else out there. And if its marketed well, comes in the packet of a complete smart phone experience with a decent ecosystem behind it finally, it might be enough to get their foot in the door again. Its certainly the biggest feature I'm looking forward to is getting access to that camera. I'm just going to assume they won't have it ready by the end of the year so I won't be sadface when my upgrade hits in November. I'll just have to hope my Focus is ready for a marathon. If they do manage to get it out by then...

oaIGU.gif

That is me.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
That's just incredible. My next phone must have that tech. Many of my kid's memories are being taken with my cell phone, time to step its game up.

tino

Banned
The 808 has a 1/1.2" sensor. Current there are two cameras with a similar sensor. Sony RX100 with a 1" 20mp sensor made by Sony, and Nikon 1 series 1" 10mp sensor made by an American sensor company.

Before the RX100, most of the premium point and shoots use a 1/1.7 sensor. Most of them are made by Sony and the Fuji and Panasonic ones are made by Fuji and Panasonic. Since Sony supply most of the P&S sensors, any company should be able to source a sensor from Sony and make a 808 competitor. The obvious ones are Sony and Samsung.

If I remember correctly the iPhone 4S sensor is a 1/3.2" made by Sony. What I don't understand is why didn't Sony use it in its own phones. Sony is really a poorly run company.

Hopeful some other company has the ball to make a ture P&S killer smartphone (no I don't consider Symbrian smartphone OS.)

tino

Banned
PureView is more than just a sensor. The question is if Nokia has patented the oversampling and lossless zooming methods.

Trust me, anyone with that big a sensor can make photo as good as the 808. Nokia's N8 has a 1/1.8" sensor. Its image quality is no where as good as other 1/1.7" cameras.

giga

"Lossless zooming" is just the 41MP image being zoomed in. The outputted image will still be 5MP (3072*1728). If an OEM can procure a 41MP sensor, then they could implement the same oversampling method when you're zoomed out. It's still too thick for me though.

thirty

Banned
Trust me, anyone with that big a sensor can make photo as good as the 808. Nokia's N8 has a 1/1.8" sensor. Its image quality is no where as good as other 1/1.7" cameras.
are you kidding me? google cnet's pureview vs Panasonic's LX5. the pureview beat out the LX5 in photos alone. as far as video, the pureview destroys the LX5 and even out does many entry level DSLRs.

JaggedSac

"Lossless zooming" is just the 41MP image being zoomed in. The outputted image will still be 5MP (3072*1728). If an OEM can procure a 41MP sensor, then they could implement the same oversampling method when you're zoomed out. It's still too thick for me though.

The outputted image using zoom does not have to be 5mp. It also still uses the same oversampling when zooming until it is 1:1. Which is why I say if Nokia patented any of the oversampling software, then it is a big deal. And it definitely seems like something patentable judging by other garbage software patents out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom