• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjolle

I want Nokia to steal that VaporMG thing from the surface for their new phones. Their polycarbonate cant handle my alcoholism.

kharma45

Brushed aluminum? SD card slot? Niiiiiiceeee! I shall have a device this fall, but maybe Nokia can top this. Still, this is why Samsung outsells everybody, they know how to tick off those check boxes.

Yeah it sounds like it could be really nice. I'm expecting good things from HTC too as well as Nokia.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Also, not only do I like the fact that the windows button isn't capacitive, I wish the other two weren't capacitive either.

I still touch those capacitive buttons by mistake almost every day.

NeOak

Also, not only do I like the fact that the windows button isn't capacitive, I wish the other two weren't capacitive either.

That search button is my sworn enemy on my Dell Venue Pro

giga

I always smh at the people who want to turn the iPhone home button into a capacitive one.

Doffen

More Samsung Ativ S pictures:

564461_10151066830298721_1813830092_n.jpg

553818_10151066830323721_2126531569_n.jpg
295933_10151066830353721_656831368_n.jpg

376775_10151066830403721_581044945_n.jpg
226022_10151066830438721_1217047061_n.jpg

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
The real life photos are much better than those press shots. The phone looks way too plasticky on those press shots. I noticed that the GSIII also looked uglier in Samsung press shots than in real life.

thirty

Banned
basically an S3 spec wise except for the S3 has 2gb of ram. I understand WP8 is more efficient but I hate giving bragging rights to android owners.

so a u.i who's entire design language is based on large blocks of colour, with sharp edges, samsung have gone and given us a rounded rectangle. why on earth did they use a rounded shape around the really angular windows logo? bleh.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
If you want that screen size, the Ativ S is your phone. I'd rather have a Lumia 800 WP8 in terms of size.

Isn't the Phi supposed to be 4.7". From the leaks it doesn't look to be as thin as the Ativ S though.

Edit: Also, is the Ativ S the first WP to have two different storage sizes?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
On the windows team blog site, they were asking about NFC, but Samsung confirmed that the ativ has NFC during their conference.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Samsung Canada has said they will announce detial regarding the Ativ S in the coming months. Hopefully it will come to Rogers, Telus and Bell.

kharma45

We can't even get a real life picture with the phone turned on!!

The Windows blog post did talk about the weight and feel in the hand, but that's it.

Aye it's strange that we can never see WP8 in action, was hoping there'd be some hands on with the ATIV S.

Maybe Nokia have dibs on showing it first.

derFeef

Aye it's strange that we can never see WP8 in action, was hoping there'd be some hands on with the ATIV S.

Maybe Nokia have dibs on showing it first.

That's what I guess. WP8 is not fully unveiled yet so that makes sense. The ATIV S is not a bad phone to make a hardware debut thogh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom