• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
My old Samsung Focus did that couple of times .. I think there is a glitch in Windows Phone 7 battery report.

So far my Lumia 900 is working fine ... though it's seems to take a little while to register that I plug it in. Also another oddity is I can't adjust the volume while the phone is sleep in my case (but music is playing). I don't know if this is Tango thing or just specific to Lumia.

Camera still suck with the firmware update. I can get decent picture after mugging around with the setting ... but I really shouldn't have to.

Also those with Lumia 900 are you guys using a case with it? If you do which one?

Ditto with my OG Focus as well.... Just had to do a quick reset and shit would be back to normal. Was totally WTF though.

Frost_Ace

Just stuck some music on my Lumia for the first time and when I am using IE whilst it's paying in the background the phone locks up after about 2 mins.

Is this a common problem? Any fixes? Phone has the latest updates.
I sent my phone to nokia care and mentioned this problem, hope they fix this :(

sGOn+

Really? Thats a stupid thing to post when one week of android sales for samsung is more then their lifetime WP sales (pulled out of my ass, maybe one month)

Where would MS be without all that sweet android money?

So that's what Mr. Cox meant.

The world’s biggest smartphone maker is in talks with major telecom carriers on Apple’s home-turf such as Verizon Wireless about modified designs in Samsung Galaxy devices. It is also closely partnering with Microsoft (MS) to cut its dependency on Google Android, according to officials Wednesday.
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/2012/08/133_118544.html

PG2G

A bit more on the Xbox Music thing from Thurott

Zune Music Pass, which will be rebranded as Xbox Music Pass, will continue. And Microsoft is adding a feature called Xbox Music cloud collection, which provides SkyDrive-based music access for all of its Xbox Music clients, including the Xbox 360, Windows Phone, and Windows 8/RT-based PCs running the Xbox Music app. Neither of these developments has been announced publicly yet.

If that is coming tomorrow I guess we'll be hearing the details soon, hopefully today. Would be nice to see how the Music service is going to grow, at E3 they made it sound like it was going to have a lot more songs that Zune did.

Commodore

A bit more on the Xbox Music thing from Thurott

If that is coming tomorrow I guess we'll be hearing the details soon, hopefully today. Would be nice to see how the Music service is going to grow, at E3 they made it sound like it was going to have a lot more songs that Zune did.

I'm more interested in the XBOX music app. I'm wondering what they'll be using to sync and back up data instead of the Zune software.

I played with the xbox music app at the Microsoft store yesterday, seems to function a lot better then the shit music app they have now on the W8 release preview.

PG2G

ESPN Fantasy Football is out now... if you have a Lumia -_-

I get the feeling that even if Nokia's phones aren't anything special, they will still be the ones to get

I will kill if that is true. KILL.

e5ia0.jpg

ESPN - exclusive to Nokia Lumia until May 2013

The exclusive ESPN Hub will deliver a number of key updates in coming months, including sports scores on Live Tiles, team-level panoramas, personalization of scores, leagues and teams, and additional sports coverage such as Tennis, NASCAR and the 2012 Olympics. Additionally, a Windows Phone version of the ESPN Fantasy Football app will launch exclusively on Nokia Lumia smartphones this coming Fall.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Apps being exclusive to a phone or a phone line is one of the crappiest things to happen recently in the tech world. It's just dumb.

Apps being exclusive to a phone or a phone line is one of the crappiest things to happen recently in the tech world. It's just dumb.

Nokia is paying for the development and the ports of apps that otherwise wouldn't be on the Windows Phone Store. The apps are going to be available for all phones at some point. Everyone wins.

I get the feeling that even if Nokia's phones aren't anything special, they will still be the ones to get

This is some bullshit.

Fuck, I guess when my contract is finally up, I have to get a Nokia regardless of which device I actually want if I want full access to apps that should be available to everyone.

kharma45

Tom Warren just tweeted

If you're interested in Windows Phone 8...stay tuned

Edit - and this is it

Windows Phone 8 to include Kid's Corner, a separate Start screen for parental control

http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/8/30/3280274/windows-phone-8-kids-corner-details-screenshots

kidscorner_640_large_extra_large.jpg

Microsoft's Windows Phone 8 operating system will include a Kid's Corner option that provides a unique parental control feature to the company's mobile handsets. Kid's Corner will be a separate Start screen environment designed for children to access apps, videos, games, and music that is shared by a parent. Windows Phone owners will be able to setup a Start screen with the specially controlled apps on, and a child will access the feature by swiping from the left on the lock screen.

Commodore

Lol, if only my wife would swap this generic, cheap plastic Focus S for her gorgeous cyan Lumia. If only :(

I'm not even gonna try, I may end up in the couch for even asking.

She's reveling in having the upper hand in phones isn't she? My wife would gloat till she had me reduced to a crumbled mess.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Nokia Drive alone is worth it imho.

This might be a battery/voltage thing- but on a recent three hour drive, my phone (Lumia 900) depleted itself completely to critically low, because I left Drive on, even though it was plugged in and charging to the car lighter adapter.

My brute force fix was just to switch back to the start page during the long stretches of freeway, but I can't help feeling it might be software or settings related. When off Drive, the phone would charge normally and quickly. And when running Drive, run SUPER hot and deplete.

Raistlin

FUCK YEAH

[EDIT]
Actually ... it's not listed in the US marketplace yet. What gives?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Samsung getting closer to MS will be a good thing. I have seen a ton of Galaxy S3 commercials. It would be nice to see a big ad campaign for the Ativ S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom