• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

We've lost a lot of good men this year.

I could be back within the week, buying this phone could get me into the habit of chopping and changing a lot.

Last year I had 6 different phones as I just kept getting the itch to switch, and if Nokia brings the goods I could be back.

I'll be keeping hold of my Optimus 7 though to see what 7.8 is like.

We've lost a lot of good men this year.
I am debating taking my Lumia back and paid 80.00 difference for the One-X and used that until Windows Phone 8 come out....then sell it.

Camera on Lumia just piss me off. Trying to convince my wife to let me keep Titan, but she rather have big screen. Also she think Cyan is too gaudy....

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I caved :(

At worst I sell it on eBay after a week when I realise I've made a huge mistake and I want to suck Nokia's glorious PureView dick.

So long as it's in good condition it's actually a really insanely good deal. You could probably flip it in 4 months, and actually make money on the phone still.

rozay

Banned
This might be a battery/voltage thing- but on a recent three hour drive, my phone (Lumia 900) depleted itself completely to critically low, because I left Drive on, even though it was plugged in and charging to the car lighter adapter.

My brute force fix was just to switch back to the start page during the long stretches of freeway, but I can't help feeling it might be software or settings related. When off Drive, the phone would charge normally and quickly. And when running Drive, run SUPER hot and deplete.
What output is your car charger rated for? Are you using the cable that came with it or a different microUSB cable?

derFeef

HTC Accord?
http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/31/3281945/htc-accord-windows-phone-8-specs-image-rumor

A1nU0rBCEAASo4q.png

kharma45

Lumia 920 looks awesome, will probably get it in February-March time when the price comes down a bit, the One X I ordered will tide me over until then.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I am disappoint. I'll wait until the full unveil, but the renders seem meh. Hopefully it looks better in real life, and of course I'll wait to see what the camera can do.

Also, no sd card, no buy.

kharma45

I am disappoint. I'll wait until the full unveil, but the renders seem meh. Hopefully it looks better in real life, and of course I'll wait to see what the camera can do.

There still could be MicroSD support if there was a flap on the side or the bottom to put one in, but I'm just trying to be optimistic :p

Milchjon

I would be surprised if they released a Pureview phone without an SD card slot.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
The lack of a camera bump and the unimpressive quality of the YouTube teaser also makes me worry that they are about to dilute the pureview brand.

PG2G

Looks good to me, though that doesn't look like PureView at all to me. The phone looks exactly the same as the Lumia 900, will be interesting to hear the camera specs.

I tried to look at the original source for the info but looks like the twitter account no longer exists. Still, im guessing Tom knows it is real

kharma45

I don't even wanna think about what a 4.5" Pureview device with 64 GB storage would cost.

A lot :(

Looks good to me, though that doesn't look like PureView at all to me. The phone looks exactly the same as the Lumia 900, will be interesting to hear the camera specs.

I tried to look at the original source for the info but looks like the twitter account no longer exists. Still, im guessing Tom knows it is real

Yeah Tom confirmed it's real.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Camera looks umm weak? The thing about pureview that had me excited was what Lmn8r talked about in that it's all about the censor size. It's not the megapixel count that I want. My current phone's 8 MPs is fine. I'd just like a bigger sensor to get better pics (though my One X can take some really good pics in non low light situations).

PG2G

Yeah, it definitely looks wimpy. It looks the same as on the Lumia 800/900. It definitely is going to be baby-PureView.

Nokia should be releasing phones every few months, so I guess we'll see a full up PureView sometime in 2013.

JaggedSac

Camera looks umm weak? The thing about pureview that had me excited was what Lmn8r talked about in that it's all about the censor size. It's not the megapixel count that I want. My current phone's 8 MPs is fine. I'd just like a bigger sensor to get better pics (though my One X can take some really good pics in non low light situations).

Then you don't really care about Pureview. Anybody can plop a big sensor in a phone, you don't need Nokia for that.

JaggedSac

$299 with a two year contract! :p

Also, I'm putting a lot of stock in the YouTube teaser because we have YouTube purview video and it looks much, much better.

This thing is not going to have the 1" or 1.2" sensor in it. So it will certainly not have the quality of the 808. But it should be at least better than any other .8" sensor due to sampling technique.

Troll

Banned
I think it's pretty safe to say that the Ativa will have a hard time selling with this on the same carrier.

Is it rumored to be Quad or Dual core? (the 920)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom