• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirty

Banned
wow

211735oeeereqzvnoeve2n.jpg

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I'm disappointed by the Nokia phones so far. I'll reserve full judgment until after the official unveils, but even on the 920, the bottom bezel is too big, all capacitive buttons, and no sd card slot indication. Dammit, I may have to buy another Samsung. :(

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I also really dislike the huge bottom bezel on the 920. Really kills the look of the phone for me personally. If they could fix that it would be great looking IMO.

Commodore

I'm disappointed by the Nokia phones so far. I'll reserve full judgment until after the official unveils, but even on the 920, the bottom bezel is too big, all capacitive buttons, and no sd card slot indication. Dammit, I may have to buy another Samsung. :(

Yeah, the leaks have created a lot of confusion. Reserving full judgment till the 5th.

I like the white one x too, brot is straight up wrong on this one.

I'm not wrong, you guys are just weird.

For years everyone complained about HTC's design and how boring their phones are. Then they took the exact same design everyone complained about, wrapped it in polycarbonate and suddenly they got good designers.

And people told me I was weird.

Smartphone design rests in the details, since all phones are basically rectangular bricks with a screen taking 95% of the real estate.

And the detailwork HTC did with the One X did wonders, cause while I see the phone is indeed very similar to the other one Brotkasten posted, the One X is a beautiful phone (unlike the other one).

The Lumia 800 and the One X are the two phones that immediately caught my eye as "beautiful" when they were announced.

Milchjon

Smartphone design rests in the details, since all phones are basically rectangular bricks with a screen taking 95% of the real estate.

And the detailwork HTC did with the One X did wonders, cause while I see the phone is indeed very similar to the other one Brotkasten posted, the One X is a beautiful phone (unlike the other one).

The Lumia 800 and the One X are the two phones that immediately caught my eye as "beautiful" when they were announced.

Agreed on all counts.

I know that it's about the details and I applaud HTC for not screwing the back of the phone up.

But if you're good, then there is something you can do with a rectangular brick with a screen taking 95% of the real estate.

PHK0b.jpg

bjo3G.jpg

EmIwz.jpg

Hm. I think it's clear that I prefer rectangles with harder edges.

The Xperia's have a nice design (and the newly announced ones look even better), but the design of the S, U and P were all ruined in real life because of the clear glass strip with the plastic removable bottom under it.

I'll never understand the decision behind that. It makes a perfectly elegant design look cheap and clunky. Could've done so much better.

VW7Gx.jpg

rozay

Banned
The Xperia's have a nice design (and the newly announced ones look even better), but the design of the S, U and P were all ruined in real life because of the clear glass strip with the plastic removable bottom under it.

I'll never understand the decision behind that. It makes a perfectly elegant design look cheap and clunky. Could've done so much better.

VW7Gx.jpg
Shrug. I thought it made them look pretty distinct from other phones and was a nice touch. Only one of them actually had a functional purpose for it (notification light) though.

Sony needs to stop sticking both their logo and the XPERIA logo on the front though, pick one or the other and move the second logo to the back.

Wow. The two of us should never talk about design again. Ever. Your opinion is the exact opposite of mine. Next thing you gonna tell me is that you hated the gutter in Windows Phone 7 and 7.5. Also, the new Xperia's are awful, uninspired and boring.

Shrug. I thought it made them look pretty distinct from other phones and was a nice touch. Only one of them actually had a functional purpose for it (notification light) though.

Exactly. It wasn't a boring black or white brick with a screen on it.

Wow. The two of us should never talk about design again. Ever. Your opinion is the exact opposite of mine. Next thing you gonna tell me is that you hated the gutter in Windows Phone 7 and 7.5. Also, the new Xperia's are awful, uninspired and boring.
I'm glad it's gone.

AnkitT

I really like the Xperia designs, would have liked something more rectangular from the new nokia line(like the fan render brot posted).

rozay

Banned
Also, I'm assuming at&t blocks tethering over wifi and usb on WP devices not using the shared data plans? Any way around this like there is on android&iOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom