• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchjon

And isn't it mainly a developer conference, too?

This is shaping up to be a clusterfuck.

Edit: I'm finally getting around to watch the presser. Love the look into the 920 interior right at the beginning.

venne

Build starts Oct 30th; WP8 is suppose to launch on Oct 29th :|

The final SDK isn't even out yet and it's like 2 months 'til release. I don't know what they're doing.

I suppose one benefit of not releasing the WP8 SDK is that the old hardware won't be left to rot quite so quickly.

PG2G

Nokia 920 releasing on Nov. 2nd on AT&T says the Verge. Doesnt say exclusive so im still hoping for t-mobile.
http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/7/3300063/nokia-lumia-920-availability-launch-date-november-2nd-plans

please :(

When The Verge originally started leaking info, it was 920 a temp AT&T exclusive with the 820 going to T-Mobile and a 820 variant (822) going to Verizon.

Worst comes to worst, you guys should be getting the ATIV S though. Doesn't seem like they will be a shortage of awesome WP8 handsets this fall.

Milchjon

Twitter and FB notifications on the start screen are new, right? And what's the icon in the middle?

DSC02987.jpg

PG2G

In WP8 you can choose X number of apps to provide notifications on the home screen (like Win8). It looks like a Windows icon of some sort, so maybe some sort of Live or Messenger notification?

Commodore

And isn't it mainly a developer conference, too?

This is shaping up to be a clusterfuck.

Edit: I'm finally getting around to watch the presser. Love the look into the 920 interior right at the beginning.

Finally skimmed through the presser last night, been feeling under the weather. That opening animation was fantastic. Would make a decent commercial.

Troll

Banned
Puremotion HD Plus is a way of saying 60hz refresh rate with 332 PPI? How does that compare to the best phones out right now?

I don't think wireless charging will do the Lumia any good, technically. I think that many people will charge their phones for short amounts of time - 10 minutes on the pad, 30 minutes on the pad etc - during the day. When I charge my phone, I usually wait till it drops to below 35% and then fully charge it again. Doesn't short charge sessions wear out the battery? Given that the Lumia 920 also has a unibody, swapping a worn out battery also isn't possible.

I don't think wireless charging will do the Lumia any good, technically. I think that many people will charge their phones for short amounts of time - 10 minutes on the pad, 30 minutes on the pad etc - during the day. When I charge my phone, I usually wait till it drops to below 35% and then fully charge it again. Doesn't short charge sessions wear out the battery? Given that the Lumia 920 also has a unibody, swapping a worn out battery also isn't possible.

IIRC, no. That used to be the case with older battery technology.

Milchjon

Still going through the press conference, I love that they actually put the Samsung ATIV in the lineup of "boring, colorless" phones.

Milchjon

I think I finally realized what a great phone the 920 will be. It has improvements in almost every area, and I'll be very satisfied with it. The only thing that could put a hole in my excitement would be some big surprise from Apple, but from the leaks, it'll have a hard time winning me over.

Nokia, don't blow this.

Troll

Banned
I think I finally realized what a great phone the 920 will be. It has improvements in almost every area, and I'll be very satisfied with it. The only thing that could put a hole in my excitement would be some big surprise from Apple, but from the leaks, it'll have a hard time winning me over.

Nokia, don't blow this.

I'm going from an OG focus to either a 920 or an iPhone 5. Either way I may not be prepared for how much better my new phone will be.

Nokia, don't blow this.

Red matte 920 is all I want. :(

I'm going from an OG focus to either a 920 or an iPhone 5. Either way I may not be prepared for how much better my new phone will be.

Please buy the new iPhone, if that means I don't have to see your avatar anymore.

Milchjon

Red would be great. I like Ferrari and the Montreal Canadiens are primarily red :)

I think I would pick a different colour for the tiles however.

Buy two red ones and a white one - Baby, you got a flag going!

Hey, same thing actually works with the German flag.

brb, gotta earn some mone for three phones.

Nokia, don't blow this.

Me too.

What phone are you currently using?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Buy two red ones and a white one - Baby, you got a flag going!

Hey, same thing actually works with the German flag.

brb, gotta earn some mone for three phones.

:lol

The 900 released in Canada pretty quick after the US launch. Hope it is the same case with the 920. I will be pissed if they only offer black again at launch.

steelcity

Neo Member
Grey and Yellow are tied for me. Yellow may be too flashy and grey too boring. I love my white 900 but i don't want the same color again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom