• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you fucking kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iPhone5_0896.jpg

Lumia820.png

wOSK9.jpg

Did Apple hire an ex Nokia employee?

I sure hope there isn't a lawsuit brewing - patent mess is bad enough already!

As for what I think about the iPhone itself...

Well, this message on another forum that I frequent should suffice.

"Are we in bizarro world? Cause the new iPhone 5 for some reason is very non-competitive with regards to its screen and hardware features compared to a Windows Phone, let alone Android."

venne

I think the hardware is fine.

iOS is simply ugly as sin. On a 16:9 panel, you get 20% more ugly.

Nothing shows that iOS needs an overhaul better than today. It's like running XP on modern hardware.

Fjolle

I sure hope there isn't a lawsuit brewing - patent mess is bad enough already!

As for what I think about the iPhone itself...

Well, this message on another forum that I frequent should suffice.

"Are we in bizarro world? Cause the new iPhone 5 for some reason is very non-competitive with regards to its screen and hardware features compared to a Windows Phone, let alone Android."

No lawsuits.

MS, Apple and now Nokia are best pals in that regard.

But i would love to see how HTC and Samsung are going to attack Apple.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I really thought Apple was going to have something up their sleeve. I just pray the 920 will be out in Canada in November.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
The Lumia 920 compares very favorably against all those phones. Can't wait until Nov. 2nd.

No Ativ S for me. I'll have to find another use for my 32gb sd card.

NeOak

So, are there gonna be OTs for the Lumia 920 and 820/822 or its just gonna be WP8 OT?

I'd like to make a Lumia 920 and 820/822 OT if no one minds.

maeh2k

The only thing I'm worried about the 920 is the small battery, 2000amp against 2300amp of the S3/Ativ S :/

In the US the S3 is dual-core, like the Ativ. The European versions of the S3 and the One X both have quad-core. So I'm assuming that in Europe the 920 will do better at 2000 mah than the S3 at 2100 mah.

EDIT: Looks like the S3 only has 2100 mah and not 2300 like the Ativ S.

I think someone should make a "welcome to windows phone" logo or pic so we can post it whenever someone says theyre switching to Windows phone. I been seeing that a lot lately and it would be could to see them all over gaf. ...and i suck at making stuff like this.

NeOak

I think someone should make a "welcome to windows phone" logo or pic so we can post it whenever someone says theyre switching to Windows phone. I been seeing that a lot lately and it would be could to see them all over gaf. ...and i suck at making stuff like this.

Like this?

Screen-Shot-2012-08-21-at-12.04.03.jpg

swirched-to-lumia.jpg

If we could get a few of this in high quality and make them avatar sized for the Lumia OT im gonna make, it wouldbe great!

Like this?

Screen-Shot-2012-08-21-at-12.04.03.jpg

swirched-to-lumia.jpg

If we could get a few of this in high quality and make them avatar sized for the Lumia OT im gonna make, it wouldbe great!

Kinda, i was thinnking of one so that when someone says. "well looks like im switching to WP" or "Lumias are looking better than Iphonex" we can just reply "welcometolumia.jpg"

The only reason i think it would be cool is becuase I've been seing this alot lately due to the underwhelming iphone 5 conference.

Fjolle

Hrmpf. I actually wanted an around 4" phone.

I guess that i'll have to handle the 920 personally to see if it fits me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom