• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troll

Banned
That's great news. Maybe China can keep Nokia alive when the Lumias tank in the US :)
According to a few anecdotal accounts Windows Phone is doing okay in China. Now all they need to do is get that carrier to want to sell Windows Phones.

680 Million customers!!!

That's more than DOUBLE the population of the U.S.A!!

It's official :*(

Well, I still have one year left on my contract, anyway. But full price for an unlocked phone will put a dent in my budget...

Ouch. Sorry, man.

Milchjon

LOL

With the introduction of Microsoft’s Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 operating systems, Samsung introduced “ATIV”, the new brand for its Windows-based devices. ATIV, the reverse the word VITA, meaning “Life” in Latin, is a pledge by Samsung to make everyone’s life extraordinary with excitement

If that ain't logical, I don't know what is.

kinggroin

Banned
My cousin lost the Windows phone challenge yesterday (he has a GSM GNexus). They proudly explained why the Win phone was a great alternative for him, and why its much faster at doing the things he lost the contest doing. When they finished, they gave him $25 dollars, he left the store, and bought a few songs on the playstore.

My cousin lost the Windows phone challenge yesterday (he has a GSM GNexus). They proudly explained why the Win phone was a great alternative for him, and why its much faster at doing the things he lost the contest doing. When they finished, they gave him $25 dollars, he left the store, and bought a few songs on the playstore.

Wow, that story almost made me delete my own OP.

Milchjon

The comparison thread makes me realize again that about 70% of these people must've never even held a Windows Phone. And they're not even remotely comparable to the general population :-/

Nokia scores China’s largest carrier for the Nokia Lumia 920

They are the ones that still don't support the iPhone, definitely good news.

oooh, does that mean they could have a VZW/Sprint version already up and running?

I know someone recently asked how pocketnow is. I just wanted to share one of the ridiculous articles that make the blog so annoying to me.

Will Nokia Eat its Jelly Bean Tweet?

Terrible, these small time blogs need to stick to the news. Or maybe I'm just an angry person

they're not saying anything new. many salesmen have said that they could have sold a ton of Lumias if they ran Android... the demand is there. Microsoft burned too many bridges, some people got burned twice in a row!

kazinova

There's an amazing parallel growing between Android/iOS users talking about how they don't care about WP8 because they're too busy using fun apps and playing games and the era of people saying they didn't care about Macs because they were too busy playing sweet games and using tons of apps on Windows XP...

RM8

So. I went crazy and bought a Nokia Lumia 800. I'm not an early phone adopter so I can live with the upcoming overshadowing of WP7. And I'm absolutely loving it, that's coming from an iPod Touch and Android tablet owner. It's so simple, clean and useful, I'm getting used to Zune and it's pretty okay, some games are actually decent (I'm a huge phone game skeptic), overall it's the best phone I've owned.

WTF at your contact list being plagued by all your MSN contacts, though. I'm glad I noticed early, I had to reset my phone and create a new Windows Live account especially for my phone. No big deal, I guess.

thirty

Banned
So. I went crazy and bought a Nokia Lumia 800. I'm not an early phone adopter so I can live with the upcoming overshadowing of WP7. And I'm absolutely loving it, that's coming from an iPod Touch and Android tablet owner. It's so simple, clean and useful, I'm getting used to Zune and it's pretty okay, some games are actually decent (I'm a huge phone game skeptic), overall it's the best phone I've owned.

WTF at your contact list being plagued by all your MSN contacts, though. I'm glad I noticed early, I had to reset my phone and create a new Windows Live account especially for my phone. No big deal, I guess.
welcome. some of my fave games i'd recommend are crimson dragoon, don pachi, Ilimilo, etc

RM8

I'll admit - it drives me crazy when a decent game gets affected by having to fight against bad touch controls. Oh man, Lode Runner Classic. But Crimson Dragon plays okay, I'll definitely buy it (and it's $1 I think, how can I possibly resist?). It's nice that you can try pretty much every game before buying.

It's your Live account contact, at first I was really annoy but it actually bice to have all contact in one place and learn to get rid of those I don't need.

RM8

My account is almost 10 years old. There are tons of contacts I don't even remember, with annoying user names and photos. And having to surf through them to find my father? Yeah, no. I'll keep my new phone-exclusive Live account, lol.

Make a group called 'family,' and pin your family to it. Make another group including your close friends.

I rarely use my contacts list, because most of the people I actually care to contact with are in special groups, and I have those group live tiles on the start-screen.

EDIT: That being said, a 10 year old account and its subsequent usernames would definitely be annoying

My account is almost 10 years old. There are tons of contacts I don't even remember, with annoying user names and photos. And having to surf through them to find my father? Yeah, no. I'll keep my new phone-exclusive Live account, lol.
If your account is not tie to any other service sure I would start over too.

frontieruk

You could of just filtered it, it sounds like MSN wasn't your primary location for contacts, so use the settings option in people and switch MSN off, the contacts are still available for the OS to see but it doesn't display them in the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom