• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG2G

October makes it sound much nicer than it actually is, that's only like 2 weeks from the rumored early November date. Also makes it a bit more believable though

maeh2k

This time Microsoft needs to spend like a billion on marketing. Or maybe just pay the carriers a ton of money to push Windows Phone.

Every carrier wants a viable third ecosystem, but no one wants to actually make it happen. Instead they focus on the iPhone.
Analyst: iPhone 5 set to cost U.S. carriers $10B in subsidies
I can see how the iPhone can attract customers, be a competitive advantage, and be worth paying for if no other carrier has it, but when every major carrier has the iPhone and yet all the carriers still subsidize the hell out of that phone, they are doing something wrong.

Magni

I'm a lover of tech, and the 920 is boss. (Save for the lack of pentaband.
LLShC.gif
)

The 900/800 on the other hand....

:( I desperately want a phone that will work on 3G at the very least in the US, Europe, and SK/Japan, when will there be a WP like that?

maeh2k

Really? The glossy finish makes it look like cheap plastic, imo.

But I'm weird like that.

I think I prefer matte for cyan, gray, white. But the glossy red looks really great. The way I imagine it, a matte red just wouldn't have the same impact.

However, I wonder how well the glossy shells handle fall damage.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Yep, grey and black are matte. Bet money there will be a Cyan matte in December or early next year. I definitely would prefer matte, but grey and black are just too ordinary.

Raistlin

I just did not like the look and feel of the gloss on the white ... so I think the red and yellow are out for me.

I'm so torn with whether to hold out for a cyan or get a grey right off T_T

AnkitT

So Nokia finally launched the 900 in India for more or less the same price as the galaxy s3. Sigh, I want whatever the hell they're smoking.

rozay

Banned
oh god I just realized, the lumia 920 doesn't have a notification LED does it?

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

rozay

Banned
Where's the cyan device? I only see red, yellow and black on the table.

edit:just kidding the video was zoomed in on my iPhone. I'm going to look at this from my laptop

edit2:the bottom of the device doesn't seem to have a USB port but even at 1080p it's too blurry to tell.

o_O Why was it zoomed in the first place on your iPhone?
Accident. you can stretch the video to leave no black bars since the screen isn't 16:9.

Where's the cyan device? I only see red, yellow and black on the table.

edit:just kidding the video was zoomed in on my iPhone. I'm going to look at this from my laptop

edit2:the bottom of the device doesn't seem to have a USB port but even at 1080p it's too blurry to tell.

Accident. you can stretch the video to leave no black bars since the screen isn't 16:9.

USB port, huh? It's supposed to be at the bottom. Remember, the 920 still supports charging via the bog-standard microUSB connection that's in everything these days.

Same deal for my 900, too, but since the screen is 15:9, it isn't much to worry about. (I prefer not cropping my videos.)

rozay

Banned
USB port, huh? It's supposed to be at the bottom. Remember, the 920 still supports charging via the bog-standard microUSB connection that's in everything these days.

Same deal for my 900, too, but since the screen is 15:9, it isn't much to worry about. (I prefer not cropping my videos.)
That's what I'm saying, the 900 has a speaker at the bottom. The 920 has 2 black screws and a microUSB port (i was lazy so i said usb!)at the bottom. The resolution is too low to tell if what I see on the bottom of said cyan device is the 900's speaker (leaning towards this) or te 920's microusb port and speakers blurred into the bottom.

I actually zoomed in because I was trying to zoom in on the spot with the phone by double-tapping...in my excitement, I forgot you can't do that.

RM8

Goodness, I adore my new phone <3 Everything about it is so perfect from the glorious screen to the ultra slick OS and the awesome shade of cyan. The Facebook app owns hard the Android one, Crimson Dragon is a good game and not just good for a phone game, music player is great. I'm in love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom