• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

kehs

Banned
Same as Apple, afaik.

Nope.

fTPKA.jpg

Doesn't look like the layout is scaled, but just black on the right/bottom?

hwalker84

I'm going with a red or yellow 920. Maybe even matte gray depending on what's available at at&t.

If the reviews say that the camera sucks (unlikely), then I'll get the Ativ S. Expandable storage over looks and higher dpi for me. 32gb 8X would have been my second choice if it existed.

Yellow or Grey for me. If something catastrophic happens in the reviews of the 920 then i'm going for the Ativ S

HTC has a buyback program for buying a new phone. Considering I'm still under contract, up to $300 for the buyback phone could allow me to still upgrade without breaking the bank. Sadly, they'll only give $75 for the Titan.

GJS

HTC 8X screen size and device width is better than the Nokia combination, still too big for my preference though.

maeh2k

Calling this the "Windows Phone 8X/8S" feels kinda like a slap in the face to Nokia. Am I the only one who feels this way?

I don't think that matters. Especially not to Nokia. Nokia weren't really selling their devices with the Windows Phone brand, but focused on the Lumia brand.

Android OEMs usually don't mention Android either. I bet there are millions of people who have no idea about what OS their phone is using.

Magni

I love the design of these HTC phones, the ATIV looks nice I guess, but so uninspired compared to the rest of the lineup.

Still leaning towards the 920, if only because of the exclusive Nokia apps and the camera.

If I decide to cheapen out though, the 8S looks a shitton better than the 820 IMO.

920 > 8S > 8X > 820 > ATIV for me

Also, saw this article by Gizmodo, and it certainly struck a chord with me: http://gizmodo.com/5944598/when-did-small-phones-become-crappy-phones

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Lumia is probably a better brand in the public right now than Windows Phone. People have told me they want a Lumia, never that they want a WP.

Same for Android. People buy the Galaxy SIII in droves. They don't go into the store asking for the android phone.

MattDoza

We still don't know what the hell Verizon is getting, from Nokia. Is it an 820 or a 920?

If 820(or some kind of variant), then I think it's the 8X or S for me. Dat limelight.

Milchjon

Why is carrier support for the 920 so spotty? It's an exciting alternative to the other big phones, IMO. Do they fear cannibalisation? Confusion? WP8? The weight? The colors? Not sure I get it.

kehs

Banned
Lumia is probably a better brand in the public right now than Windows Phone. People have told me they want a Lumia, never that they want a WP.

Same for Android. People buy the Galaxy SIII in droves. They don't go into the store asking for the android phone.

Overheard on south beach¹:

"Do you guys sell android phones?" as a customer stepped into a small cell shop.

¹ Copernicus circa Nov. 2011

UraMallas

So has anyone decided on what they are getting yet?

I've decided on the gray lumia 920.

That's where I'm leaning currently but I haven't ruled out the yellow. I'd prefer non-gloss, though. Where is my cyan matte? It would stand out and not look like a toy.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Pretty impressed with the HTC offerings today. While I don't like the look of the 8X in pictures that much, where they look like Lumia knockoffs, they are much more impressive in all the videos I've seen. I LOVE the dual tone look of the 8S but it's a shame that it's the lower end phone.

All in all I think the WP8 lineup is very impressive. Sick of black phones, bring on the colour.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
love the look of the 8x, much better than the Lumia 920 imo. 920 is too big, 8x looks pretty thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom