• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it only do it with your router? I had an issue with my Transformer Android tablet - it would sometimes get into a reset loop and the only way I could fix it was to cycle my router on and off. An update seems to have fixed it, so perhaps try cycling your router and/or updating as you suggested.

I've updated to the latest ROM, which is 8773,98 or something like that. I haven't testen the phone thoroughly yet.

Also, the phone is as good as stock. I've only installed usefull apps. There are no social networks linked with it and there are like 10 contacts on the phone. If the problem still exists, I'll try your router method, if that doesn't work I'll contact samsung.

By the way, I was googling the issue and found a dude who had the same problem with his Omnia 7. Samsung doesn't produce Omnia 7's anymore so they're mostly out of stock. They offered him a Galaxy SII, but he requested an Omnia W..

5idiZ.gif

Milchjon

maeh2k

I will wait for this. Not really wanting to pay for the Lumia 920 off contract anyway.

Even if they do have their own phone in the works, it won't necessarily better than Nokias stuff. They don't have the same camera tech. They don't have the same location apps (like City Lense). And they don't have all the other Nokia exclusive apps either (and it woudn't be in MS' interest to have exclusive apps at all.

JaggedSac

Even if they do have their own phone in the works, it won't necessarily better than Nokias stuff. They don't have the same camera tech. They don't have the same location apps (like City Lense). And they don't have all the other Nokia exclusive apps either (and it woudn't be in MS' interest to have exclusive apps at all.

Absolutely. It might be garbage.

As far as Nokia exclusive apps, it really doesn't matter to me. My fiancee has the 900 and City Lens is unreliable at best on that thing. And Bing has worked well for me as far as driving directions are concerned. We will definitely be making use of the offline maps for the Nokia Maps when we go to Paris next year, but I believe that will be baked into the OS at that point anyway.

Nokia hardware innovations (camera, screen, design, etc) would be more enticing to me than any one off applications they might develop.

kazinova

Why can't I just have one phone to wait for at a time?

I guess I would've traded anything to have _one_ drool worthy phone with my OS of choice, and now there might be two?

Milchjon

I doubt MS would release details on a Surface phone anytime soon. They have pissed off their hardware partners enough with Surface already.

PG2G

I call BS. HTC already has the "official" Windows Phones, Microsoft releasing its own model wouldn't make a lick of sense.

Well, the rumors suggest mid 2013. Six months on the market as a "signature" (whatever the hell that means) Windows Phone isn't bad.

My guess is, if this happens it will come along with a minor update that will add support for the next generation of SoCs which will typically hit in the spring. We'll probably see a new round of devices from everyone at that point, including the rumored HTC Zenith.

I think we can all agree that Microsoft isn't going to release a dual core S4 phone in June of next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom