• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife's on the third string smartphone and getting antsy for an upgrade. I keep telling her to wait for the Nokia, but her patience is wearing thin.

Both of the Focuses in our house have gone full retard and constantly make noises like you just inserted the charging cable. I fear it's up to an firesale HP Veer to keep her out of the house that Jobs built until the Nokia arrives.

You can do it little guy!

Tell her that a baby lumia is being produced right now JUST FOR HER, and that Jobs hated baby lumias.

What a meanie-poo.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Hey Troll,

The fellas and I took a vote: you're not allowed on the upcoming Apollo OT, which brot will be forced to make, unless you change your avatar.

Milchjon

xaUBS.png

Totally fixed it.

Blackhead

Redarse
Hey Troll,

The fellas and I took a vote: you're not allowed on the upcoming Apollo OT, which brot will be forced to make, unless you change your avatar.

I'm surprised everybody else doesn't already have Troll on ignore. Oh well, your sacrifice means I still get to read his posts in quotes :p

Milchjon

Ars Technica writing anything about Microsoft is a bad idea anyway.

Their arguments seem kinda relevant, though. Althogh, as I've said before, I think there's definitely room left in the lineup for a sleek phone with a different focus, like gaming or business.

CYAN bitches...

E: Linky http://www.nokia.com/us-en/products/phone/lumia920/

(Exclusively to ATT?)

Yeah, seems like it's exclusive. And teasing cyan again is such a bullshit move, now people have to wait like an extra month for that?

Or maybe Cyan is the megaton up MS' sleeve for the final announcement ;-)

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
It sucks if you're not on big blue, but I'm a happy camper. Hopefully its there at launch. That makes my color decision so much easier. Matte cyan is drop dead gorgeous.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
They don't show a grey 920 either, which means that if the cyan is not available at launch, the only matte option would be black. Uh oh.

thirty

Banned
The Nokia Lumia 920 comes in red, white, black, yellow, and cyan while the Nokia Lumia 820 comes in black. Both phones will run on AT&T’s 4G LTE network and are planned to be made available from AT&T in November.

no grey???

Fjolle

Two questions:

1. Is cyan glossy or matte?
2. Did AT&T trade grey for cyan?

1: It's matte from what i can conclude from the press renderings.
2: Yes, or Nokia US? In Denmark Nokia has the Grey on their webpage instead, in UK and Germany neither.

ATT%20Lumia%20920.png

Super GAF detective mode: the Cyan doesn't have a glare/gloss line on the right side (left side of the phone), like the red one does. The shine in the upper right side of it looks just like the matte black's. MATTE CONFIRMED!?

EDIT: Kinda beaten.

hwalker84

Matte Blue for me. I was going Yellow but DAT BLUE!!! I must have it. Still no damn pricing though. At least give me a preorder date.

bedlamite

Cyan's back? It'll be the cyan for me then.

the AT&T exclusivity bullshit sucks, but I'm in Asia and there's none of this exclusivity crap here.

Commodore

Oh hell yes. So glad cyan is back in play. The color is such a breath of fresh air. I'm far more drawn to cooler colors, and I wanted to go color because I really dig what Nokia/HTC are doing in phone design, but yellow and red just don't do it for me.

The exclusive thing can be a good and bad, and the only way we're going to tell is if AT&T actually treats the phone like the top phone on the market it is...or not. Going exclusive means AT&T wants to shine a big spotlight on the phone. But will that spotlight outshine giving the phone access to millions of other possible consumers on Verizon? I have a tough time believing that but at the same time, it will be good to see hero level marketing campaign that the phone truly deserves.

Dipswitch

So will an unlocked AT&T version of the Lumia 920 support T-Mobile's bands? The exclusivity news isn't exactly shocking, but I'm annoyed that once again the hero phones are beyond T-Mobile's reach.

I'm seriously considering just puttering along with Windows 7.8 on my HD-7 until next year at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom