• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles X

Can someone help me with the xbox app on my Lumia?

When I got the phone I tapped the xbox tile and it auto made me an account on my new email address I have attached to the phone (beyond effin annoying) I wanted to transfer my xbox gamertag over to my new email.

After having to wait a month to do this for some reason, I've moved my gamertag to my new email, but the old crappy gamertag still shows up on the phone. Is it simply a case of waiting for the changes to take effect or am I going to have to do something?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
One thing I like about the 8X over the 920 is that due to the 720p resolution over the 768 you actually get a bit more screen real estate. Looking at video's you can fit vertically 3 rows medium size tiles and another row of small tiles. With the 920 that last row is cut in half. With the start screen I would definitely appreciate that extra space.

Edit: Example below.

rogerswp8-22.jpg

8X looks good!

Also: MobileSyrup hands on:

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/10/19/hands-on-with-the-rogers-samsung-ativ-s-htc-8x-and-nokia-lumia-920/

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
When I got the phone I tapped the xbox tile and it auto made me an account on my new email address I have attached to the phone (beyond effin annoying) I wanted to transfer my xbox gamertag over to my new email.

When you log on to Xbox.com with your new email, which avatar/gamertag shows up?

Miles X

When you log on to Xbox.com with your new email, which avatar/gamertag shows up?

The correct Gamertag. This is getting even more confusing, my Dyno gamertag on my 360 says my email is my new one, so I log into my new email on firefox and log in with that email to XBL and it comes up with the Dyno gamertag, all great so far. But in account settings it has my old email, I can't tell if this is just contact detail or something.

Actually I think Xbox.com recognises I've changed my email as it's showing up in places. Maybe I just need to wait for my phone to recognises the changes too.

Snaku

Banned
I want the 920 but the price difference between it and the 8x will probably be too great to not pocket. =/

And I'm loving that purple-blue color on the 8x.

thirty

Banned
One thing I like about the 8X over the 920 is that due to the 720p resolution over the 768 you actually get a bit more screen real estate. Looking at video's you can fit vertically 3 rows medium size tiles and another row of small tiles. With the 920 that last row is cut in half. With the start screen I would definitely appreciate that extra space.

Edit: Example below.

rogerswp8-22.jpg

8X looks good!

Also: MobileSyrup hands on:

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/10/19/hands-on-with-the-rogers-samsung-ativ-s-htc-8x-and-nokia-lumia-920/
wtf, looks like only 3 tiles on that 920. with my WP7 device now, it's nearly 4. hmmm.

PG2G

The correct Gamertag. This is getting even more confusing, my Dyno gamertag on my 360 says my email is my new one, so I log into my new email on firefox and log in with that email to XBL and it comes up with the Dyno gamertag, all great so far. But in account settings it has my old email, I can't tell if this is just contact detail or something.

Actually I think Xbox.com recognises I've changed my email as it's showing up in places. Maybe I just need to wait for my phone to recognises the changes too.

Maybe you should do a sync on your Windows Live account and see if that forces it.

thirty

Banned
t-mobile USA will have an event on the 29th as well to showcase new devices. here's hoping a 9XX variant makes a showing. Note 2, 8X, and 810 will probably take the spotlight though.

buhdeh

Are there any screenshots of messaging apps in WP8 (on a 720p screen)? I always felt like the headers took up way too much room and you end up seeing only like 4 lines of messages (based on WP7 screenshots).

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised that we haven't heard anything from Telus yet. They have both the 800 and 610 and I think the 800 did alright for them.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I'm surprised at&t hasn't announced the Ativ S. Maybe the Focus brand left them with a sour taste. Focus, Focus S, Focus Flash, and Focus 2.

Heretic

I can't wait till all of this is sorted out with T-Mobile... I've had my G2 for not that long but it's felt like forever! Ativ or 8x... now I might get a Lumia variant!? *sigh* November can't come soon enough.

Milchjon

Seems like higher resolutions really work wonders for a typography based interface. That looks very clean.

Edit: Good to see there's a Wifi-only, best-quality auto upload option to SkyDrive.

Commodore

Seems like higher resolutions really work wonders for a typography based interface. That looks very clean.

Edit: Good to see there's a Wifi-only, best-quality auto upload option to SkyDrive.

Also, looking closer, what's that 7 digital logo right under the playlist heading? Carrier logo?

Commodore

So uh, anybody hear definite word on when we can pre-order a 920 here in the US yet? Rumors were the 21st? As in tomorrow.

I need to spend money on this.

CvAic.jpg

hwalker84

So uh, anybody hear definite word on when we can pre-order a 920 here in the US yet? Rumors were the 21st? As in tomorrow.

I need to spend money on this.

CvAic.jpg
Yep we still don't know. All I want to do is secure my Cyan 920 for release day. So tired of the games and rumors.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
No big surprise, but the Nokia US page confirms that there won't be a headset included in the 920 for AT&T.

When Samsung and Apple are included cheap headsets.......why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom