• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So if you go to Zune.net now, it detours to this: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/Partners/Zune

And there's this little tidbit:

So it looks like one of the cooler features of the Zune Pass is coming to an end, it softened the blow of canceling the subscription, and loosing access. At least we're getting cloud storage, streamable playlists (finally!) and giving everyone free access to make and share playlists ala Spotify.

It says it's not supported by the app, does that mean you can't still use the Zune software for it? I don't have that feature so I don't know how to designate your 10 songs.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
362o2f.jpg

Seriously, I got cash money ready to throw at you, Nokia. Why won't you take my money from me?

So if you go to Zune.net now, it detours to this: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/Partners/Zune

So it looks like one of the cooler features of the Zune Pass is coming to an end, it softened the blow of canceling the subscription, and loosing access. At least we're getting cloud storage, streamable playlists (finally!) and giving everyone free access to make and share playlists ala Spotify.

Well, It looks like the Xbox Division is slowly looking to take over the company... One division at a time.
I wish

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
someone I know just went to xbox! Another one of my friends from school is also working ther! Xbox Takover...ahhhh

So what are they working on specifically? Just between us.

sounds like you can keep a W7 PC with Zune installed around to get the 10 free songs.

StudioTan

Oh yay, Zune now shows sub-genres in the marketplace in Canada, I assume because of the move to Xbox Music. It was so annoying having everything lumped into such broad categories.

does windows phone 8 support pen (digitizers like wacom?). I'm movin' back to android with the galaxy note until there's a galaxy note equivalentfor wp8

You can't announce what doesn't exist!

Like I said earlier, there might me some little, neat things that aren't announced yet, also something Bing related.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I don't really know what MS could put in a surface phone that would make it better than what HTC and Nokia are doing to be honest, and if it's anything like the Surface tablet then it will be at least $100 overpriced as well.

So Elop is probably right, MS will spend lots of money marketing it, then people will go into stores and buy Nokia's instead.

Milchjon

I suppose it depends which company actually gets the contract to build the Surface Phone.

Well, we don't know yet if they handle it the Nexus way, or do it themselves, like with Surface.

I don't really know what MS could put in a surface phone that would make it better than what HTC and Nokia are doing to be honest, and if it's anything like the Surface tablet then it will be at least $100 overpriced as well.

So Elop is probably right, MS will spend lots of money marketing it, then people will go into stores and buy Nokia's instead.

I don't think they can make it much better. If Surface is anything to go by, it'll be a well-done flagship phone that would probably try to compete more directly with the iPhone 5 than the other WP8 devices, especially design wise. And I think MS really hasn't used the full potential of Xbox on Windows Phones yet. So I think when you don't think as much about being the single best phone for WP8, but as something that closes device gaps in the WP8 market for more variety, there should be directions that MS can take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom