• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

maeh2k

lame, ive been getting hit up recently by some friends to play a game, wonder if its on there...or i'll just have to sit this one out just like i have been since i got my HD7 :(

It might take a bit of time, but with Windows Phone 8 they now really have a chance to get more significant apps. Simply because Windows 8 is a big deal and has a shot at getting lots of developer support and because porting to Windows Phone 8 from Windows 8 is relatively easy. I think we are already seeing the first signs of that. Looking at the new apps they announced like Urbanspoon I believe some of those (most of those?) are already on Windows 8 and that may be why they are now finding their way to Windows Phone.

Gav

Just called my nearest Phones4U. The guy on the phone said they are getting SIM free 920's in (hopefully tomorrow), totally unlocked.
Manager is going to call me in the morning to let me know if they have got them.

ElNino

My local Rogers store got three 920s in today, but they don't have the display unit out yet. Unfortunately, I confirmed with the CSR that I'm not eligible for hardware upgrade until next April so I didn't pick it up yet.

hadareud

The Translator
ffs, a tenner less and earlier than I'm getting it.

My gf wants one too so I told her to call phones4u now. Let's see if she gets hers before me.

Dead

well not really...yet
From the verge
but when I look at the deluge of smartphones flooding my desk, the only one I care to pick up and play with today is the Windows Phone 8X. Not the new iPhone, not the quad-core Galaxy Note... not even Nokia's Lumia 920, which is almost trying too hard with its laundry list of extras and enhancements.

...are you serious?

Milchjon

From the verge

...are you serious?

OMG at that article.

Even today I am discovering new and unique features to this software, such as the ability to zoom in on anything on screen, not just images (screen magnifier, under ease of access).

"I gave it a review score before knowing about features"

The deep OS integration that was then only available for Twitter has now been expanded to include Facebook

"I obviously didn't know shit about WP7 and am surprised about features that are 2 years old. I guess they might be new."

And of course that idiotic sentence you quoted.

JaggedSac

"I obviously didn't know shit about WP7 and am surprised about features that are 2 years old. I guess they might be new."

I don't think I have screen magnifier on my phone. At least it isn't under Ease of Access like Vlad says.

Wow. Didn't Twitter integration come with 7.5, while Facebook integration has been present since 7?

You can use Bing Rewards credits to purchase Windows Phone 8 apps and games.

http://wmpoweruser.com/bing-rewards-credits-can-now-buy-windows-phone-apps-and-games/

170 credits = $1.25
525 credits = $5

I guess this also means we can expect some sort of gift card system in the future too.

MEGATON

USE BING TO BUY APPS CONFIRMED

Seriously, love Bing Rewards. Too bad I just used 800 credits this morning to enter some sweepstakes.

venne

Heretic

I remember reading (maybe it was on here) about Windows Phone being proud of having different colors than the rest... and now they're only making Black available to a lot of providers haha.

I still want my yellow HTC 8x!

Gav

Looks like my gf is getting her 920 on Thursday.

My impatience has cost me again :(

Phones4U?

Strange one, as their Twitter has recently said that every single 920 they sell will be locked to EE.
Staff told me otherwise on the phone (and some others by the looks of it) so we shall see!

You can buy this SIM free from us but only if you're planning to get an EE tariff as all of our 920's are locked to EE.

I thought sim free = unlocked. Are they just trying to stop people buying the thing?!

Spoke to the nearest Phones4u in London - getting their delivery of Lumia 920's tomorrow, mine will be set aside. Should have it by lunchtime! Can't wait! :)

JimiNutz

Banned
WOW!
This has got to be the biggest disaster of a launch of all time.

I called Orange/EE to upgrade contract and order 920.
Spend 30 mins on hold before getting through to someone.

She tells me that she can't place my order because the 920 isn't even showing up on their system at the moment?!
I tell her that it's up on the EE website and you can chose your plan and order there! She apologises and suggests that I try and order online.

Go online, add phone to basket, go to checkout and the website doesn't work. Won't go to checkout page and just sits in basket.

This whole thing is a complete mess.

JimiNutz

Banned
It's so annoying!
The EE website is teasing me with it's 'order now!' button, but when you try to actually order the damn phone it boots you back to the home page!

Has anyone here sucessfully ordered a 920 on EE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom