• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

maeh2k

Then why the hell haven't they done it with their own Messaging app? One review (argh, can't remember which) states the usual "If I'm typing, then leave Messaging and tap the Messaging tile, it doesn't remember what I type, but if I use multi-tasking, it does."

Don't know, but it sounds like a pretty good solution for multi-tasking.

At this point, you need to decide what is the best user experience for your app. For example, you can decide that if a short time has passed since the user left the app, the last page she was viewing will be displayed when the app is resumed, and that if a long time has passed since the user left the app, the Main page will be displayed.

Looks like it's not just a single line. You have to think about what's really the best user experience when entering an app via the main tile, or a secondary tile, and you can react to the specific circumstances. Taking things like how much time has passed into account is nice, too.
I'm wondering if this can also help with app start-up times even when you "restart" the app.

ElNino

Oh yes, I know it quite well. Sucks that you can't get the phone. :(

Any idea when other carriers will get it in Toronto?
No idea, the guy just said they got three phones in today.

To be accurate though I could get the phone today if I was willing to pay the full price for it. However, considering I'm about to drop a bunch of money on new hardwood floors I think it would be difficult sell to the wife about why I need a new phone six months after upgrading to the 900. ;-)

I'll be eligible for a hardware upgrade in April though, so I'll see what the phones are like then.

cube444

No idea, the guy just said they got three phones in today.

To be accurate though I could get the phone today if I was willing to pay the full price for it. However, considering I'm about to drop a bunch of money on new hardwood floors I think it would be difficult sell to the wife about why I need a new phone six months after upgrading to the 900. ;-)

I'll be eligible for a hardware upgrade in April though, so I'll see what the phones are like then.

:lol You are a wise man who knows how to pick his battles.

How much was the full price for the phone?

Don't know, but it sounds like a pretty good solution for multi-tasking.

Looks like it's not just a single line. You have to think about what's really the best user experience when entering an app via the main tile, or a secondary tile, and you can react to the specific circumstances. Taking things like how much time has passed into account is nice, too.
I'm wondering if this can also help with app start-up times even when you "restart" the app.

This video shows how Facebook now resumes from the Start screen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mPCZiyS5p4&feature=channel&list=UL

Go to 00:58

Milchjon

Great ad by Samsung. Now does that smartphone compare to the HTC 8X and Lumia 920?

From what I gathered:

-It's big
-It's slim
-It's light
-It's less flashy than the other WP8 devices
-It's not as high quality as it wants to look
-Less (No?) exclusive stuff
-Overall, it seems to be a nice phone without much that makes it stick out.

zedge

From what I gathered:

-It's big
-It's slim
-It's light
It also has a removable battery and micro sd card slot

From what I gathered:

-It's big
-It's slim
-It's light

It's really slim.

Klocker

Also Ativ s is not much bigger physically than the other offerings yet a huge screen

Now where the hell can I buy one for crying out loud?

gonna' hit up the stores here & see what/if i can get a 920. orange will be my best chance i think so that i can get grandfathered into my old contract, which is actually half decent (£36 a month, unlimited data).

Also Ativ s is not much bigger physically than the other offerings yet a huge screen

Now where the hell can I buy one for crying out loud?

It's funny that the 8X, with its 4.3" screen, is almost as tall as the Ativ S, which has the biggest screen of the new Windows Phones.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I hope Tmobile offers the blue 8X, it seems like HTC are really pushing the purple one smh I just want a damned tasteful blue phone!

BlueTsunami

Aren't they the same??? Seems like the lighting they show the phone makes a difference on the colour.

Hmmm that could be the discrepancy. Apparently the one that looks purple is called "California Blue" but it just looks straight purple in most promos. Googling "Blue HTC 8X" shows two product shots one blue with a blue UI and one purple with the purple UI scheme. Hahaha so confused.

MarkusRJR

Can someone help me? I set up the 30 day Xbox Music/Zune Pass trial with my father's credit card by accident (was somehow still attached to my account) and I can't find an option to change it on the Xbox website. I don't it to renew on my dad's credit card and if possible I'd want to remove it entirely from the Zune Pass. Is this possible? :S

BlueTsunami

Just found out the blue HTC is the 8S, the purple one is the 8X. THERE.IS.NO.BLUE 8X. Argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edit: Now I'm seeing a blue HTC with a 8X back. What is happeninnnnnggg.

f0lken

Can someone help me? I set up the 30 day Xbox Music/Zune Pass trial with my father's credit card by accident (was somehow still attached to my account) and I can't find an option to change it on the Xbox website. I don't it to renew on my dad's credit card and if possible I'd want to remove it entirely from the Zune Pass. Is this possible? :S

You need to call customer service, you can't remove a credit card from the website or xbox

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Just found out the blue HTC is the 8S, the purple one is the 8X. THERE.IS.NO.BLUE 8X. Argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edit: Now I'm seeing a blue HTC with a 8X back. What is happeninnnnnggg.

:lol 8X is blurple. I'm ok with it.

BlueTsunami

Just call yourself PurpleTsunami. Fixed, next.

I just can't ;_;. Also...

yDM82.jpg

This an 8X?

R6uCy.gif

If T-Mobile doesn't offer a blue 8X I'ma write my congressman

cube444

Thanks for the info on the Samsung ATIV S guys.

How hard/easy would it be for me to import my contacts, iTunes songs and other things from my iPhone if I make the jump to WP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom