• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troll

Banned
Magenta%20920.png

Magenta. Looks shiny.

Cj70

So I'm getting terrible crackling on my HTC 8X whenever I listen to voice through the earphones. This happens with different earphones, podcasts and with beats on and off. It's only there when someone is talking.

Is anyone else having an issue?

=/

Troll

Banned
So I'm getting terrible crackling on my HTC 8X whenever I listen to voice through the earphones. This happens with different earphones, podcasts and with beats on and off. It's only there when someone is talking.

Is anyone else having an issue?

=/

You need a new phone, return it.

Dead

well not really...yet
Went to Att to start the process (switching carriers), good news is 0 deposit, bad news is still can't preorder a 920 until sometime during the week...lol

hwalker84

Went to Att to start the process (switching carriers), good news is 0 deposit, bad news is still can't preorder a 920 until sometime during the week...lol

Unless you're my boss.

He's switching to AT&T for the Yellow 920 from Sprint
Goes to AT&T to start the process of switching carriers (He's at the store)
They say his credit check doesn't pass (LOL its like 800) and he needs to pay $1000 for a deposit
Calls the credit bureau they use.... All good
Sits their for an hour while they look into it
Finds out his name is flagged since he closed one during a contract 2 yrs ago gracefully (He paid the penalty)
The reason he closed it is because it was his wife's account who was tragically killed by a driver under the influence.
The department within AT&T that can remove that flag doesn't exist anymore
AT&T has to figure out within their system how to remove the flag as the access only existed within a department that's gone.
They have someone assigned to him who calls everyday saying they're trying to fix it
It's been a week with no progress.

Troll

Banned
Unless you're my boss.

He's switching to AT&T for the Yellow 920 from Sprint
Goes to AT&T to start the process of switching carriers (He's at the store)
They say his credit check doesn't pass (LOL its like 800) and he needs to pay $1000 for a deposit
Calls the credit bureau they use.... All good
Sits their for an hour while they look into it
Finds out his name is flagged since he closed one during a contract 2 yrs ago gracefully (He paid the penalty)
The reason he closed it is because it was his wife's account who was tragically killed by a driver under the influence.
The department within AT&T that can remove that flag doesn't exist anymore
AT&T has to figure out within their system how to remove the flag as the access only existed within a department that's gone.
They have someone assigned to him who calls everyday saying they're trying to fix it
It's been a week with no progress.

Well, the phone isn't out yet so there's that.

Dead

well not really...yet
wow, thats horrible...

Id heard horror stories regarding ATT and their high deposits, so im happy that Im good on that front

Milchjon

I'm still wondering about Photosphere. What's all the hype about? Does it work in any way differently from Photosynth?

Also, Josh Topolsky may be not much to look at, but I do enjoy his Fallon stuff.

cube444

Haven't heard any 8X prices yet. I expect it to be the same or $50 less.

My next obstacle to getting a new phone will be my wife.

Any idea what colours MS will have at their pop-up stores? Can I walk into the Eaton Centre one here in Toronto, buy one off contract and simply pop in my Bell SIM card from my iPhone 3GS?

Dead

well not really...yet
http://www.slashgear.com/att-nokia-lumia-920-review-03255516/

One of the greatest things about Windows Phone shines clearly here with the AT&T version of the device – if you don’t want an app, you can just delete it. This should seem like a rather simple thing, but given the competition’s unwillingness to allow such a thing without hacking their smartphone devices, Microsoft deserves a high-five for bringing it on again here – if you don’t want the always-excellent AT&T U-verse Live TV app in your library, you can simply toss it.

Thats lovely. I hate all that samsung and carrier bloat shit on my GSII that can't be taken off in the traditional manner

Totakeke

The odds of the amount of apps growing for WP8 can be either pretty high or pretty low depending on how much you believe people will actually dev Metro for Windows 8.

The odds of WP8 marketshare growing is the same but less chance of growing because aside from Nokia having a mess of a launch with carrier exclusivity, the only real choice other people have is HTC as Samsung is nowhere to be found. So it's a pretty crappy situation.

All in all, you need to wait another 6-12 months to truly know, and well, that's always a shitty bet as a consumer if that's all you're waiting for.

Totakeke

Pretty cool game here if you guys haven't tried it: Super Voltage

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/super-voltage/980d78a7-4a21-407c-9e6e-05af1290a96f

Says its free for a limited time. Surprisingly good for a free game

By the way guys, this game is very nice as a pick up and play game, and the production values are surprisingly high. Get it.

And... Final Fantasy is on Windows Phone? I must have been missing quite a bit.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/final-fantasy/c6eaa012-9ee1-4125-b85d-dc2cbf868d8c

What do you like about the ecosystem so much?

The Microsoft ecosystem, Zune Pass, Xbox 360, Windows 8, Windows Phone 7.

But my main concern was about Windows Phone 8's success. Say if Windows 8 is successful would some of that buzz shift to Windows Phone 8 and make that successful causing marketshare growth?

frontieruk

The Microsoft ecosystem, Zune Pass, Xbox 360, Windows 8, Windows Phone 7.

But my main concern was about Windows Phone 8's success. Say if Windows 8 is successful would some of that buzz shift to Windows Phone 8 and make that successful causing marketshare growth?

basically windows 8 will survive, like vista survived into windows 7, it's WinRT that's the concern if devs start making apps as they'll be able to scale them to tablets/phones/consoles (not sure 360 is RT compatible but 720 will be sure as hell) ignoring it will be very hard indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom