• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

It’s official. AT&T has just announced the date and pricing for the Nokia Lumia 820, Lumia 920 and the HTC 8X as well and by our estimates, AT&T is getting very aggressive with pricing here.

The Nokia Lumia 920 will be available this Friday, November 9th for just $99—a full $50 less than what Best Buy was pricing the device at just a week ago. In addition, AT&T will be offering a free wireless charging plate with each purchase of the Lumia 920 while supplies last. Preorders start tomorrow, November 7th.

The Nokia Lumia 820 will fetch for just $49, also available on Friday, November 9th with preorders also beginning tomorrow.

The HTC 8X will surprisingly come later in the month, before Thanksgiving but with no firm release date yet set. That device will command a higher price tag for $199 for the 16GB version and just $99 for the 8GB option, which will also be available California Blue and Limelight (yellow).
http://www.wpcentral.com/att-lumia-820-and-920-coming-november-9th

venne

You have to factor in the structural improvements your house needs to carry that load.

Ain't that cheap anymore, is it now?!?!

I sent all my wife's clothes to the tailor to get the pockets reinforced with kevlar and all seams quadruple stitched.

I suggest everyone do the same.

kazinova

You have to factor in the structural improvements your house needs to carry that load.

Ain't that cheap anymore, is it now?!?!

I didn't even think, I'll have to only use it in my basement, you need at least 4 inches of solid slab to support the 920's weight. It's worth it, think of all the sweet dark basement photos I'll be able to take...

I didn't even think, I'll have to only use it in my basement, you need at least 4 inches of solid slab to support the 920's weight. It's worth it, think of all the sweet dark basement photos I'll be able to take...

are you a professional photographer? i only ask because if you're not, if you're just a member of the genera public, you'll have no idea what to do with this camera. it's too good.

ana

Really amazing that weight seems to be THE issue with nokia windows phones.
When Lumia 710 was reviewed it was too light:

The reason the Nokia Lumia 710 feels like a cheaper handset is partly down to the weight, coming in at a sprightly 125.5g against the Nokia Lumia 800's 142g. On paper this seems like a good thing, but the smartphone is too light somehow, making it feel unsubstantial compared to its bigger brother.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/nokia-lumia-710-1039218/review

Well it seems like you just cant win.. ;-p

eagerly waiting for my L920....

CaptainABAB

What is the story on the ATIV S?

I'm looking to upgrade my AT&T wp7 phone but it appears that ATIV S isn't coming to the states...?

Dead

well not really...yet
oh wow, just noticed the 8x price...$199 for 16GB?

Nokia should make an ad showing how many pennies in difference that is...lol

PG2G

What is the story on the ATIV S?

I'm looking to upgrade my AT&T wp7 phone but it appears that ATIV S isn't coming to the states...?

Verizon announced the ATIV Odyssey (which was the codename for the ATIV S), which will supposedly be released in December. There were rumors that it would be a lower end device, but it is most likely just a Verizon exclusive ATIV S.

hwalker84

Tried to call my AT&T Premier Support. They couldn't allow me to place the order yet.

I still don't know how we'll be able to get the Cyan and Yellow colors day 1 and what the off contract price is.

hoos30

sad-goodbye-clipart-i7.jpg

Welp. The $100 price plus pad pretty much seals the deal, doesn't it?

Goodbye T-Mobile. We had a great decade together, but you're just not doing it for me any more. It's not me, it's you. Really.

I still can barely believe $100 bucks with a free charging plate. That's sounds like the deal of the century.

And people were wondering about why they went exclusive with At&t.

Now, do I want to order on-line and get a Cyan (again) or goes to the store and get that bold Yellow or Red color. Really is a first world problem....

Milchjon

And people were wondering about why they went exclusive with At&t.

Now, do I want to order on-line and get a Cyan (again) or goes to the store and get that bold Yellow or Red color. Really is a first world problem....

If I were you, I'd check out red and yellow in the store first. Of course this might mean you'd have to wait a few days longer for the cyan to arrive, but I'd say it's worth a try.

Edit: Lumia 920. Any idea who will be carrying it in the UK and when?

nobody really knows. i've been into phones4u three times so far & despite all the p.o.s stuff being up, they've no idea when they're getting it.
saying that:
  • everythingeverywhere are getting the 4g versions. white will be exclusive to them.
  • phones4u should be getting the 3g versions. it seems like you can get these on orange & t-mobile. red & yellow are exclusive to phones4u.
  • orange has confirmed via twitter that they'll be available on the 9th. this probably means that the phones will arrive in all the various stores (orange, t-mobile, ee, phones4u) on/just after the 9th, despite what i & others have been told in store at the various phones4u.
  • it will be sold sim-free/unlocked, though many places are claiming it will still be locked to an ee/ee-partner sim, despite how utterly ridiculous that seems. so in other words, you can go contract-free as long as you then use an ee/orange/t-mobile pay as you go sim.

so yeah. i just called my local phones4u & the girl had no idea when they were getting the 920s in, which i think has been the best answer so far, rather than the vague 'give this random day a try' responses i've received so far. ah well, can't blame them, whilst i don't think they particularly care, nokia and/or microsoft haven't made the whole thing transparent.

I think Yellow and Cyan are online.

I thought it was Cyan and White that are on-line. White is growing on me (I didn't like the white 900, but the 920 with black ceramic button look nice.

Yeah, I think I will check them out in store first and see if the red looks cheap like they do in picture (they look great in the promo bullshot)

Troll

Banned
I'm happy that Nokia is doing this for us. I really couldn't be happier, and with the price point I don't think anyone can really justify buying an 8x over a 920.

Retrocide

Whelp...I was wavering for a second on getting the 8X...but yeah $100 for 32 GB and a free charging station...they got me.. Now to pick the color...grey? cyan? Hmmmm

UraMallas

I hope the pre-orders go up on Amazon tomorrow, too. I want my phone for the weekend. It's my birthday and I wants it, prrrrecious.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
449? Maybe? Come on Van, you have got to get a 920. We might have to set up an paypal donation for you.

I can't do $550 or $650. $450? Maybe. I could sell some blood or something.

I sold my Ps3, college books, my Nexus One, and I have an offer for my Focus S. Still can't hit $500.

hwalker84

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom