• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

cube444

Are all those prices listed above for the Lumia and HTC 8X with a three year contract? $99 is great but three years is a LONG time with any phone IMO.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Yeah the price seals it. I'm going Lumia over iPhone 5. Saving 200.00 is huge. You fuckers better not make me regret it ;)

New family members are born as others die. Such poetry in life.

Are all those prices listed above for the Lumia and HTC 8X with a three year contract? $99 is great but three years is a LONG time with any phone IMO

2 Year contract.

UraMallas

Are all those prices listed above for the Lumia and HTC 8X with a three year contract? $99 is great but three years is a LONG time with any phone IMO.

2 years.

I was going back and forth between the HTC 8X and Lumia 920 but no more. I'm switching to AT&T tomorrow.

venne

Nice to see Verge got another chance to show a cyan 920 with fuscia live tiles with the pricing story.

Wankers.
Am I using that word correctly?

Troll

Banned
Do you guys see us getting updates more than twice a year like Android? I think that there were some things left out that I think they are trying to push out in an early update, but I'm not sure if that's going to be a normal update schedule.

zorbsie

Debating either to get black or cyan. Are most people getting cyan?

I got the black. It's was my only option, damn rogers. It's a matte black and it looks and feels amazing. Really wanted to get red but am not regretting the purchase. As a bonus my arms are getting a great work out too.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Well, im seriously considering dropping Tmobile now for ATT and a Cyan blue Lumia 920. Both the price and camera capabilities of the Lumia have swayed me. What's the monthly cost of a basic individual plan with 2GB data on ATT?

UraMallas

Well, im seriously considering dropping Tmobile now for ATT and a Cyan blue Lumia 920. Both the price and camera capabilities of the Lumia have swayed me. What's the monthly cost of a basic individual plan with 2GB data on ATT?

You'll be right around $90, I think? There are usually 20%-25% discounts for AT&T phone plans through your work if you work at a reasonably-sized company, though.

UraMallas

How do I keep my phone number if I pre-order and am changing carriers? The website doesn't seem to ask if I'm going to be switching numbers from what I can tell on the check out screens. I guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I got the black. It's was my only option, damn rogers. It's a matte black and it looks and feels amazing. Really wanted to get red but am not regretting the purchase. As a bonus my arms are getting a great work out too.

Nice. I have feeling I will cave and get the black. Going to wait a few weeks and see if Rogers has any news about more colours. Probably not though.

Edit: According to Best Buys site, I could trade in my 900 for about $120, which will cover the cost of the device under a 3 year contract. Then I just need to pay ~$240 for my early upgrade.

sammich

$90 a month jesus christ @_@

I pay 70 here with Robbers, with a 6GB data plan. Contract should be done in about 6 months i think. It started when i got the iphone 4. Gonna get an unlocked 920 and hopefully jump to Wind or mobilicity IF everything works. Reading howardforums and the rogers area, people are having issues with thethering and MMS etc.

UraMallas

$90 a month jesus christ @_@

Well, nobody pays that unless they don't take the time to get the employee discount that pretty much every employer offers. Even with the discount it's about $75-$80 for me on Verizon with unlimited text and data and 450 talk. I also have visual voicemail and insurance. I will lose my unlimited data when I move over to AT&T but I've never gone over 2GB of data before so I should be able to get a plan for the same price without sacrificing anything.

kazinova

Wait, Americans pay $90 a month for cell phones?

I pay $80 a month for unlimited* data and more minutes and texts than I can use. It's steep, but if the 920 costs $600 off contract that's $500/24 = $20/month for the phone subsidization. So I really pay $60/month for service, what's the average Euro monthly cost in USD? Probably less but not as bad as it seems at first blush.

UraMallas

with att, it's $30 for 3gb and $50 for 5gb, lte speeds. if you go over it's a $10 fee per 1gb.

I was looking at pricing and I was wondering why would anybody go for the 5 GB for $50 over the 3GB for $30. There is no penalty for going over, really. In the months you use less than 4GB but are paying the 5GB price you get screwed, though. Wait. Isn't the 1GB plan $10? Why would I not go with that plan and just add extra GB as needed in "overage" fees since it's the same price?

Izuna

Banned
http://www.stuff.tv/review/nokia-lumia-920

"Nokia Lumia 920 versus HTC Windows Phone 8X

So if you’ve decided to go for Windows Phone 8, the question you’ll be asking next is which of these two flagship phones you should choose, and that’s a really tough decision. The HTC is better looking but the Nokia is more comfortable to use. The Nokia’s screen is bigger but the HTC’s has better contrast and viewing angles. The HTC takes better pictures but the Nokia comes with better apps. In the end we’d say that the Nokia’s extra storage, longer-lasting battery and cool features such as wireless charging just about swing it in favour of the Lumia 920, but it’s a close call and going for the HTC 8X certainly wouldn’t be a bad decision.
"

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Posted this in the Lumia thread:

3IWdv.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom