• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirty

Banned
to those who couldn't add the free charging pad with your order don't worry too much. next week you can go through that nokia website to order your free dock. they do ask for a copy of your receipt so if att gave you a dock at no charge you probably won't get the deal through Nokia. hopefully, nokia will allow you to pick your color too. I have my energizer qi charger in the meantime.

Any current WP users, or especially anyone using WP8: what's the Japanese language support like? Does it have a kana keyboard similar to the iPhone? Emoji?

hwalker84

I can't wait to get my 920 Friday. But i'll say if MS comes out with a super sexy Quad core VaporMG Surface phone..... I may jump ship.

scently

I'm ordering mine from AT&T to a friend and he'll send it via air mail. I dunno if it'll work exactly but, apparently you can buy an unlock code for about $99 (so roughly £50).

Americans get this phone so cheap, and in ALL colours. Grr. Grr. Grr.

Grr.

Can you please tell me how you ordered it? including which plan you chose etc.

Oh yeah, did anyone confirm if WP8 displays emoji texts sent from an iPhone and/or displays emoji posted on a website?

I don't know about iPhones, but IE9 Mobile will already display preexisting emoji on web pages. It can only go up from here.

There is a 12-key and a standard QWERTY Japanese keyboard in 7.5.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
When comparing the screens of the 920 vs the 8x, I don't think it's an automatic win for Nokia. The HTC has better dpi and possibly better overall color reproduction, while the Lumia has better daylight performance, refresh rates, and sensitivity to input.

frontieruk

When comparing the screens of the 920 vs the 8x, I don't think it's an automatic win for Nokia. The HTC has better dpi and possibly better overall color reproduction, while the Lumia has better daylight performance, refresh rates, and sensitivity to input.

camera colour reproduction on the htc sucks tho' its either over saturated and warm or instagram'd under saturated and under contrasted. There's no happy middle but the images are sharp and can get good dof effects

cube444

So Canadian dudes in here. Can I walk into an MS store like say the Eaton Centre one, buy the Lumia 920 outright and take it to Bell who I currently have my phone with?

I cannot under ZERO circumstance go with Rogers. If not, I guess it's a matter of Bell getting the 920.

How long for that to happen?

frontieruk

Oh yeah, did anyone confirm if WP8 displays emoji texts sent from an iPhone and/or displays emoji posted on a website?

pQVVl.png

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
camera colour reproduction on the htc sucks tho' its either over saturated and warm or instagram'd under saturated and under contrasted. There's no happy middle but the images are sharp and can get good dof effects

Yep, I'm sure the 920 has the best overall camera of any smartphone outside of the 808 (if that's considered a smartphone, lol). I was posting specifically about the screen cause it was being discussed in the previous page.

Troll

Banned
HTC trophy

I'm sorry. At this point you probably shouldn't expect anything soon. Like Van said, if you had a Nokia you would be good for this year, but anything else you are looking at probably not even getting it. But who knows? Maybe they will surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom